You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Good to hear you fixed it. Drives shouldn't be too expensive these days...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Bought a Vernee Apollo. It's excellent for the price although battery life is not that great. Needed a larger battery capacity for 1440p. Charges quickly though.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Not sure whether I'm looking at the same one but it's got a huge battery for a phone so I'm surprised to hear that! Still, great price. Battery problems are easy to get around nowadays if you invest in a decent power bank. Mine can fully charge my phone almost 3 times before needing to be recharged.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:32 pm

http://www.vernee.cc/apollo/overview.html. Only 3180mAH battery for a 5.5". My previous 5" phone had a 3000mAH. The build quality is pretty good though.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:32 am

The future of solar powered Mobile phones and computers .

http://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/maltese-s ... ar-system/

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:22 am

ramsej84 wrote:The future of solar powered Mobile phones and computers .

http://www.tvm.com.mt/en/news/maltese-s ... ar-system/

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

If someone would patent this they would win the smartphone market.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:14 pm

OMG :shock: the time has come for this !!!!!!!!
Europe is preparing for a robot revolution.
European lawmakers have proposed that robots be equipped with emergency "kill switches" to prevent them from causing excessive damage. Legislators have also suggested that robots be insured and even be made to pay taxes. [source]
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:18 pm

I am 100% sure that robots/androids/electronic persons/whatever you want to call them will be a common occurrence (not something which anyone feels the need to remark about when you see one) in our lifetimes... and probably not even when we're that old.

EDIT: Also, ramsej, CNN? :P :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I am 100% sure that robots/androids/electronic persons/whatever you want to call them will be a common occurrence (not something which anyone feels the need to remark about when you see one) in our lifetimes... and probably not even when we're that old.

EDIT: Also, ramsej, CNN? :P :mrgreen:

I was looking at CNN and BBC to check if they are reporting Israel's aggression on Syria. And they are not!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Nokia 3310 mobile phone resurrected at MWC 2017 [source]

Leicester, Brexit, Trump, 3310...

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Argeta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:19 am

Time for a new phone! I have the Galaxy S5 at the moment, it's running fine still but I feel like I'm in need of an upgrade.

What phone do you guys recommend? Galaxy S8 will be announced in a few days, the leaked pictures of it looks tasty.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby theundead » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:51 am

Argeta wrote:What phone do you guys recommend?

LG G6 is also a good shout. But do wait for the actual release of the S8. Seeing the latest leaks, S8 might just about be the first Samsung phone I will get.

EDIT:
If you don't care about the waterproofing and QHD displays, the oneplus 3T and Huawei's Honor 8 are very good options. The Honor 8 is pure beauty.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Argeta » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:53 pm

theundead wrote:
Argeta wrote:What phone do you guys recommend?

LG G6 is also a good shout. But do wait for the actual release of the S8. Seeing the latest leaks, S8 might just about be the first Samsung phone I will get.

EDIT:
If you don't care about the waterproofing and QHD displays, the oneplus 3T and Huawei's Honor 8 are very good options. The Honor 8 is pure beauty.

Hehe funny how I was told earlier today to not put my interest in any LG phone at all.

I don't change phones too often so the price is not a problem really, that's why my choice always stand between the iPhone and the Galaxy Series.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm not that up-to-date with the 2016 and 2017 phones since I updated at the end of 2015, but since your choice is between iPhone and Galaxy, I'll give you my opinion. I've owned Samsung (and other Android) phones, have a Samsung tablet, and my primary phone is an iPhone 6S.

A lot depends on what you're after most. In terms of specs, Samsung will nearly always win. In terms of photos, I can't complain about my iPhone's quality at all, but I've read that Samsung's top phones take better photos. If you like to play some of the more elaborate mobile games (or ports from other consoles), Android is compatible with many more controllers. In terms of possible uses, Android can do more; file management is a real pain with iOS. I haven't had the chance to use the latest version of Android first-hand, but it seems to be more and more similar to iOS. Looking at all the variables individually, Samsung seems to win out every time.

Yet paradoxically, the iPhone does offer an all-around excellent package, possibly even better than Samsung. There is a certain simplicity to the OS and the ease with which you can access anything you need in a second in the latest OS that is extremely comfortable to use. I used to mock those who mentioned its simplicity as one of the positive features before I owned one myself, but it really is noticeable in my opinion. As far as apps are concerned, many are probably still released on iOS first, but how much that affects you depends on whether you download and try out new apps regularly. Facetime and iMessage are very useful especially with the predominance of the iPhone, although Messenger and WhatsApp reduce their importance. Apple has much more control over its OS than Samsung and the importance of that can't be underestimated, especially since Samsung used to (probably still does) tamper with Android heavily. If you also own a Macbook (or a Mac), it's probably another point in favour of the iPhone.

From my experience the iPhone has one thing going for it: it works, better than any phone I've tried overall, and so far seems to be more reliable too. It doesn't exactly excel in anything; as I've said, you'll probably find a better phone for everything. But I do recommend it for the casual, everyday user. For someone who updates phones often, I'd suggest something else, because with Apple you simply won't get much difference between different models. But you don't seem to be that kind of person, so really, it depends on whether you want simplicity and reliability, or the best possible photos, or anything else.

I wonder whether you've considered the Google Pixel, which is in that price range. I don't know anyone who owns one but it looks intriguing. I wouldn't exclude the Oneplus series either, which offers good value for money.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 am

Samsung launches Galaxy S8 and dreams of recovery from fiery Note 7 [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge