You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby theundead » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Achilles wrote:Since you seem really into the smartphones

Haha, I work in a technology company and the developers i work with have lots of phones that I can play around with :P

Well I havent used the A3 myself (I did consider buying the A5 2016 at one point in time though) but Samsung's touchwiz isn't the best thing when it comes to phone software. They greatly improved with the S7 but I really dont know which version of touchwiz the A3 would have; the faster one or the very laggy one.

Achilles wrote: I'm used to the home button plus that I want a phone with a screen less than 5'' inches preferably being AMOLED

You answered your question yourself :P
The 5x is larger, has on-screen navigations and is LCD.

If you want to try something new, the 5x is a very good device (have used one at work :P). It is very pocketable, the screen looks gorgeous and I loved the idea of the fingerprint scanner at the back. And I think, every Android user should experience the stock android experience at least once. Its more responsive as compared to skinned android phones.

I'd suggest that you try to get hold of a nexus 5x (borrow from a friend or try it in a shop if possible) or any other similar device with fingerprint at the back and no physical home button.

If I were you, I'd get a 5x, no questions asked. But my preferences are a little different than yours. I like fingerprint scanners at the back, not a fan of skins/touchwiz and the physical home button, 5" is minimum. I was very very close to ordering the 5x but three (or rather 4) things put me off: LCD instead of AMOLED, no waterproofing, 2gb ram being on the lower side and the last being that I found a better use for my money (got a wide-angle lens for my camera instead)

So yeah, I think you should try the 5x if you feel like experimenting a bit. Its a very well-done phone. The RAM wont be an issue for a couple of years at least, and you probably dont need waterproofing as well. So the only downside is the LCD. It is not a bad screen by any means but AMOLEDS are just better.
EDIT: I forgot the biggest downside of the nexus. No SD card support. Depends on your own usage though. 32gb is good enough for me. Might not be sufficient for you.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby Achilles » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks, I absolutely agree with everything you posted, many of these infos I knew already :P
I mentioned that Nexus 5X is absolutely the best value for money smartphone in the market, I have played with it a little because a friend has it so I can agree that's a very good phone on hands and doesn't hangs(2gb is enough) still though it's quite big for me, I'm a fan of smaller phones if I could afford to buy the iPhone 6s with that 4.7'' inch screen I'd be happy because I wanted to experiment as you said on the iOS, I had enough with Android :P

Thank you, it's a really close call honestly about the 5X the specifications are overall quite better than A3 but I'm quite stubborn abouth something I want that A3 provides to me(screen both inches & AMOLED,home button) since I'm not a huge of fingerprint either :D
Thanks again for the detailed post!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:30 pm

theundead wrote:Well I havent used the A3 myself (I did consider buying the A5 2016 at one point in time though) but Samsung's touchwiz isn't the best thing when it comes to phone software. They greatly improved with the S7 but I really dont know which version of touchwiz the A3 would have; the faster one or the very laggy one.

I was going to comment on this in fact. I used to own an S4 but it was laggy and I had software problems on 2 different occasions before I switched phones. I remember someone (I think Element) saying they had a similar problem at the time. My brother currently owns a Samsung phone (I think the J5 but not sure on the model) and it sometimes acts up too. It's only about a year old.

Personally, I used to say I'd never buy iOS either and I only did so because of a problem I had with my Google Play account (which has since been resolved after about 18 months); I could have made a new account of course, but didn't want to risk buying apps only to have the same thing happen again. I must say though that the iPhone 6S is just so much more comfortable than the other Android phones I owned. If I were to ever switch back I would only go for stock Android this time around: Nexus, Pixel, maybe Motorola... Android has improved a lot in stock features anyway and the manufacturer add-ons are usually not much more than bloatware now. For my purposes I think my current set up of a Google iPhone (iPhone 6S with iOS 10 but with almost every Apple app replaced by a Google one) is the best I can do. I definitely suggest that German_American should consider going down this route if he picks the iPhone, and similarly suggest he picks a stock Android phone if he's not set on iOS.

(As an aside, my opinion applies only for smartphones. I would never switch my Samsung tablet for an iPad).
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:07 pm

What about the ZTE Axon 7 and the OnePlus 3, did you check them out?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:57 pm

First smartphone designed by Google from scratch ticks many boxes, but isn’t quite the stellar world beater some might expect [source]

I like this phone a lot but I must say it seems quite silly not to have a physical home button when there's so much space at the bottom of the phone.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Managed hurray hurray

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:22 am

Samsung, Stung by Galaxy Note Failure, Recalls Washing Machines [source]

Welp, what next?
"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:29 am

Imagine if Samsung sold self-driving cars. It'd start driving you towards the nearest Samsung store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:39 am

I got a AMKOV AMK200S camera and I am actually surprised how good it is for the price. Unfortunately Youtube butchers the quality. The RAW file is much better. Also, Youtube makes the video more 'Street Viewish' and actually results in sort of a zoom in. The original footage is more spherical/fisheye. Also there are two stitches; in the middle of the screen and on the sky whereas in the original it is only on the sky.

There wasn't too much traffic since half of the working population is always on leave on a Friday. :P

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:12 pm

Where is the camera attached? Seems quite high up...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:31 pm

On top of the helmet.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Not exactly electronics but just wondering, what browser do you guys use? Really starting to feel the effects of Chrome's big flaw (memory usage) these days even with the right modifications to deal with that.

I'm a bit hesitant to change as I rely a lot on extensions and am also a heavy user of Google Docs.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Not exactly electronics but just wondering, what browser do you guys use? Really starting to feel the effects of Chrome's big flaw (memory usage) these days even with the right modifications to deal with that.

I'm a bit hesitant to change as I rely a lot on extensions and am also a heavy user of Google Docs.

Chrome's memory usage is ridiculous! It also writes too much data to the disk, so it's always using a huge percentage of it whenever you open new tabs and stuff.. The only way to avoid these flaws is to have like 16GB of RAM plus a SSD.
But still as annoying as these problems are for me, I still use Chrome because there really isn't any better option out there.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge