You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:SSDs are going to get outdated very soon by Optane drives that will theoretically run 1,000 times faster than SSDs. They will be released this year but will only be 3-4 times faster for now.

I didnt know about those, but I doubt they will make a (perceivable) difference. I've been on my new laptop for a couple of weeks now, it's the first computer I've used that has an SSD and I can't believe how fast it is. More drove speed would be wasted on it.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

WHAT?! :)

Of course not :) Certain operations are still slow, even on SSD. For example loading large files or some find & replace in all files in a large folder.
Smartphones are essentially SSDs, and they're really slow to boot. Imagine booting up your smartphone in under a second...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 am

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
MUTU wrote:SSDs are going to get outdated very soon by Optane drives that will theoretically run 1,000 times faster than SSDs. They will be released this year but will only be 3-4 times faster for now.

don't even want to imagine the price of those

They will be made using materials that are cheaper than materials used for SSD, so once they are mass produced they will completely replace SSD since they will be not only faster but also cheaper.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:17 am

I have a gaming PC, but sadly I did not check how much memory the PC had when I bought it lol. Only 250gb SSD, which is complete shit for gaming! I installed Arma 3 for 20gb, and not enough with that, when joining a server the game downloads an extra 1 gb size of files!

So I am thinking of buying another internal SSD that possesses 1tb, but I do not know which one. Any recommendations? I guess the SSD has to be pretty fast due to gaming.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:24 am

Argeta wrote:I have a gaming PC, but sadly I did not check how much memory the PC had when I bought it lol. Only 250gb SSD, which is complete shit for gaming! I installed Arma 3 for 20gb, and not enough with that, when joining a server the game downloads an extra 1 gb size of files!

So I am thinking of buying another internal SSD that possesses 1tb, but I do not know which one. Any recommendations? I guess the SSD has to be pretty fast due to gaming.

You are perhaps overrating the boost that you will get from SSD for gaming purposes. By all means, have your OS on SSD and it will make a massive difference to your PC, but as far as gaming goes I don't think the difference warrants the price tag that comes with a "pretty fast" 1TB SSD hard disk. Why do you need so much hard disk space on SSD? I would get another 250GB SSD and a hard disk (or preferably a NAS) if you want to store photos / videos / whatever.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:36 am

I make music, downloading plug ins for FL Studio takes alooot of space. I also record my gameplay etc.. So there's not really any difference when playing on SSD or HDD?
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:07 am

Argeta wrote:I make music, downloading plug ins for FL Studio takes alooot of space. I also record my gameplay etc.. So there's not really any difference when playing on SSD or HDD?

I won't say there's no difference, because there is, and you will notice that games and maps will indeed load faster, but during the actual gameplay there isn't all that much reading and writing to disk (obviously depending on the game) so the difference won't be heavy. Don't trust me: check benchmarks, especially for games you intend on playing because benchmarks will vary slightly from game to game.

In your case I would definitely get a hard disk, but you can also get another smallish SSD. It will end up cheaper for you this way. You really don't need to record gameplay on an SSD.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:

don't even want to imagine the price of those

They will be made using materials that are cheaper than materials used for SSD, so once they are mass produced they will completely replace SSD since they will be not only faster but also cheaper.

oh noice. #-o now with W10 my PC keeps using 100% of the disk, and that's really annoying me. I really want to switch to SSD's but the price won't let me, so that might be a solution in the future
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Argeta wrote:I have a gaming PC, but sadly I did not check how much memory the PC had when I bought it lol. Only 250gb SSD, which is complete shit for gaming! I installed Arma 3 for 20gb, and not enough with that, when joining a server the game downloads an extra 1 gb size of files!

I am in the same boat. Have only 250GB SSD. I think I am going to buy a 128GB NVME M. 2 SSD and a Crucial M300 525GB Sata SSD. As Mutu said it does make a difference when loading games but if you want to record game play use a HDD or two in raid 0. It depends on the resolution and fps you will be recording at.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby JANKER » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:12 am

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:39 pm

I am thinking about getting a Galaxy Note 7. I heard they are a blast.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby JANKER » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:30 pm

iPhone 7 explodes on its way from Apple, Reddit user claims [source]

JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANKER » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 am

Anybody knows anything about this smartphone?

Well, I already found out everything I need to know, it's pricey...
JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:36 am

It's a top of the line phone so its price is iPhone comparable. It's not an "easily the best phone ever" as the ad makes it sound but it's an excellent choice.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones ... 796/review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Should start saving for this :P

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby JANKER » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:25 pm

JANKER

National Flag:
Basque Country