You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:44 pm

That's not a problem because it says they only use DHL for express shipping. I'm surprised with your experiences though. The only time I've had to pay was when I (coincidentally) bought my other tablet from the US, and that wasn't shipped by DHL.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Happy owner of a Galaxy Tab S as of this morning, and this is my first post from it.

I can't stress how glad I am I opted for this instead of a cheaper one. The display is gorgeous. I thought it was just a marketing thing, but it really strikes you immediately and I can't get over it. For entertainment this is just state of the art. For obvious reasons it can't replace a laptop, but productively I only intend to use it to read and annotate PDFs and write documents (keeping real editing for my laptop). Still that's all I need when on the go.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Happy owner of a Galaxy Tab S as of this morning, and this is my first post from it.

I can't stress how glad I am I opted for this instead of a cheaper one. The display is gorgeous. I thought it was just a marketing thing, but it really strikes you immediately and I can't get over it. For entertainment this is just state of the art. For obvious reasons it can't replace a laptop, but productively I only intend to use it to read and annotate PDFs and write documents (keeping real editing for my laptop). Still that's all I need when on the go.

You should have waited a couple weeks or months so you can get over the "immediate purchase high"
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Happy owner of a Galaxy Tab S as of this morning, and this is my first post from it.

You should have waited a couple weeks or months so you can get over the "immediate purchase high"

I would have but I recently dropped my laptop and while it's still working fine, it's a bit damaged and doesn't close well. So I figured it's better to keep it at home and stop carrying it around so that I won't ruin it.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 pm

I bought one for my fiancée for Christmas. It's a great tablet, I agree. Did you get the larger version or the smaller one?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:50 pm

MUTU wrote:

I bought one for my fiancée for Christmas. It's a great tablet, I agree. Did you get the larger version or the smaller one?

Larger, since I also got Logitech's keyboard (well, it's on the way) since I'm hopeless at typing quickly on tablets and the keyboard only comes for the larger size. But really 10.5 inches is still small enough to carry in a small backup. I wouldn't have carried the smaller one in my pocket anyway.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:54 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Larger, since I also got Logitech's keyboard (well, it's on the way) since I'm hopeless at typing quickly on tablets and the keyboard only comes for the larger size. But really 10.5 inches is still small enough to carry in a small backup. I wouldn't have carried the smaller one in my pocket anyway.

Good luck with the Logitech. I got a cheap €25 one and it's working fine (for now, hopefully I didn't jinx it), so the Logitech must be awesome
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 pm

Sorry might not be the right thread to post this... Anyone knows how to use tableau? I'm having a problem embedding my viz. It's appearing as an image instead when I preview it, it appears fine but after I publish it, the code chances to <script type...> to a static image. Can't find anything on google. Thanks.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby theundead » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:06 am

MY moto g3 arrived a couple of weeks ago. For a midrange phone, it is seriously brilliant. Loving every bit of it.

theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:17 pm

I have a Moto G2 which I bought because I needed a cheap option when my S4 stopped working last year. For its price, it's great, but after a couple of months it seriously slowed down immensely - not always, but most of the time. It's not something that bothers me usually, but sometimes you need something quickly and it tests my patience.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:50 pm

This one runs on 2gb of ram though vs 1gb for the earlier versions. So far it has been pretty nice and tidy.

In your case, my guess is that you proabably had some bad luck with your particular phone. Phones don't suddenly slow down usually.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby kst » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:19 pm

a factory reset every couple of months should revive the phone
kst
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:58 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have a Moto G2 which I bought because I needed a cheap option when my S4 stopped working last year. For its price, it's great, but after a couple of months it seriously slowed down immensely - not always, but most of the time. It's not something that bothers me usually, but sometimes you need something quickly and it tests my patience.

I have the same phone and experience the same issue. In my experience, erasing the applications' data once every 1-2 months helps a lot. You have to go into settings / apps / click on the desired app and hit clear data.
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:I bought one for my fiancée for Christmas. It's a great tablet, I agree. Did you get the larger version or the smaller one?

Good luck with the Logitech. I got a cheap €25 one and it's working fine (for now, hopefully I didn't jinx it), so the Logitech must be awesome

Just saw this again. 7 months later I couldn't be happier with my choice, in terms of both tablet and keyboard.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:43 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I have a Moto G2 which I bought because I needed a cheap option when my S4 stopped working last year. For its price, it's great, but after a couple of months it seriously slowed down immensely - not always, but most of the time. It's not something that bothers me usually, but sometimes you need something quickly and it tests my patience.

I have the same phone and experience the same issue. In my experience, erasing the applications' data once every 1-2 months helps a lot. You have to go into settings / apps / click on the desired app and hit clear data.

I have to do that every time I want to download an app. For some reason, if I don't it will say I have insufficient memory (even though I have waaaay more than I need to).

I think it's a problem with my Play account though, as I sometimes experience the same thing on other Android devices.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge