You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Electronics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Electronics

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 pm

not if I need to move to lectures and between cities every few weeks.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:10 pm

quaazi wrote:not if I need to move to lectures and between cities every few weeks.

Many ac plugs around those lecture rooms? :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Well, yes. Not exactly attending a backwater university.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 pm

When tflags was at university, they probably didn't even have laptops :P :P :mrgreen: :twisted:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 am

MUTU wrote:When tflags was at university, they probably didn't even have laptops :P :P :mrgreen: :twisted:

Let's just say e-mail addresses were complex enough that you had to carry them written in a napkin (aka 34252094385408@compuserve.com) . Even then, people writing to each other via computer was really, really nerdy. I still remember an old company called MCI (used to be one of the big three long distance carriers in the US me thinks) offering some plan where you "only" paid $1 per e-mail to send, unlimited "receives." :lol:

Nah, I am aware what looked weird back then (having a laptop i.e.) is now mandatory in schools.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:26 pm

We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Fail IMO. There will likely be stability issues coming from lack of testing of a particular configuration.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SouthernStar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:55 am

Need help deciding on my purchase decision. So my iPhone 4 (not 4s) decided that it's almost time to say goodbye, the power button is stuck, the home button is dying, and not to mention the cracked at the bottom corner of the phone that I had been nursing for 20 months now. There's no way to purchase an iPhone 5 atm in Australia unless it's through eBay (which I can't really trust despite the "trusted seller" tags, as some phones are stolen etc).

The Apple Store charges me $180 to replace my handset with a refurbished unit, which really at this point in time is bs; because not only was it $60 more than what I paid for a brand new iPhone 4 (contract with telco provider), and it's really not worth it to spend $180 on a refurbished iPhone 4 replacement. And this pretty much is my gripe with the iPhone - if one part is spoiled, you need to replace the entire unit - whatever happened to the old-school Nokia "pop it up" concept :(

The Apple Store rep was really nice to me and talked to me for about an hour what I can do, he did say that it's really a bad time to get a 5s because it's only a few months away til September, when Apple releases new products. And he did advocate me into staying with the Apple Cult and discourage me from switching *back* to Android lol... The only reason why I'm trying to keep an iOS device is just because I paid for quite a bit of apps...

So basically here are my choices:
1. Buy a brand new iPhone 5s in April (bleh)
2. Get refurbished replacement for my iPhone 4 from the Apple Store (and wait for new releases next year or so)
3. Get a Nexus 5 (or equivalent) + the non-retina iPad Mini or iPod Touch for the same price as an iPhone 5s (lol)

HTC One M8 or Samsung Galaxy S5 or Sony Z2 are too expensive for what they are worth imo.

And absolutely no iPhone 5c -_-... and a lot of people here seems to like Nexus 5 over some other popular Android handsets... Just want to know why...

SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:13 am

I just bought a Nexus 5. Apple products are never good value for money ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:59 pm

MUTU wrote:I just bought a Nexus 5. Apple products are never good value for money ;)

Agreed!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ruht » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:50 pm

MUTU wrote:I just bought a Nexus 5. Apple products are never good value for money ;)

I'm quite happy with my iPhone 5 to be honest, been great thus far. But I'm switching to the new S5 when it comes out, really miss android..

@southernstar - the 5s is not worth it. Too much money and there aren't many improvements over the 5. I've heard great things about the Nexus 5, you might want to check it out.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sterndessudens » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:28 am

Her decision comes down to the Nexus 5 16gb, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, or fixing the power button on the iphone 4 for $60.
FC Bayern, Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals untergehn...

Mehmet Scholl once offered a mixtape CD to Oliver Kahn. Kahn replied: Do you want me to shoot myself? Keep your crap to yourself.
sterndessudens
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Australia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 am

sterndessudens wrote:Her decision comes down to the Nexus 5 16gb, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, or fixing the power button on the iphone 4 for $60.

I would not recommend fixing the current phone simply because its battery is probably going downhill as well (and probably has been for some time). That's normal in any phone after some time. If SouthernStar can manage with its current battery capacity, it's not too expensive to fix it, but you'd need to keep in mind whether or not it's likely you're going to end up needing a new phone in a few months anyway. If yes, it's obviously not worth fixing.

iOS's main advantage is that apps usually get released there first. If that's important to you, I think I'd go with option 3 in SouthernStar's original post. If not, there's probably not much use in getting two devices, so I'd just go for a good Android handset. I agree with MUTU on Apple, and personally, despite all the claims that iOS is much simpler than Android, I find it harder to use. Probably because I've never owned my own Apple device.

Android has its own advantages: mainly customizability, a wide range of choice in devices, and good if you use a lot of Google apps (who doesn't these days?). In the end the advantages of both iOS and Android may not be relevant to you. I don't think they are for most people. So it's really a matter of preference.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Now this is what smartphones should be priced at and not 600/700/800 euro prices with 300+ euro profit margin. Unfortunately people keep buying those.

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Element » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Now this is what smartphones should be priced at and not 600/700/800 euro prices with 300+ euro profit margin. Unfortunately people keep buying those.

saw it when it was released and was surprised bythe price !!!

this is the company's first phone btw
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge