You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

University

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

University

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey! I ll be graduating this year with a B.E in Mechanical Engineering which is kinda exciting.I want to continue and do a Masters Degree but I am confused to what field in mechanical I should study and which university I should apply to!
Mainly I am looking to univirsities in the UK and Sweden, so can anyone of you guys help like from personal exp or that of a relative/friend? I ve done some research but I dont really trust reviews and rankings.

Thanks in advance !
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: University

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm

"General German national team thread"? Woah, you raised the bar big time for the biggest off-topic post of all time. :|

I don't know much about engineering but I'm currently undertaking a B.Sc. Computing & Information Systems with the University of London, and they've been pretty decent up to now.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLeb » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 pm

I thought I was on the General Chat Thread :oops:

Haha now you made me the nerd of Bayernforum.com :mrgreen:

Anws Thanks for the feedback !!
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:20 pm

I also studied mechanical engineering...we have great university in Slovenia...a lot of foreigners come here to make the masters degree:)

Dont know about other universities:)

But if you ask me...German universities are TOP of the cream...so if you have an option to go to germany...you should do it:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby BayernLeb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:29 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I also studied mechanical engineering...we have great university in Slovenia...a lot of foreigners come here to make the masters degree:)

Dont know about other universities:)

But if you ask me...German universities are TOP of the cream...so if you have an option to go to germany...you should do it:)

Do I need to study Slovenian 1st? Because that was the problem with German universities cause I have to do one year learning German 1st and then 2 years for Masters. Which like 3 more years to me and I am kinda bored of studying and want to go work! Thats why I liked the UK idea since only a one year program.

I ll ask the Slovenian Embassy for that subject, if it possible I ll ask you for more info!

Thank you,
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm

You can also check Malta...
It won't be difficult for you cause English is our official language along with the Maltese (which is very,very similar to Lebanese) :D
As for the course it self I cannot tell you much but as for the environment I am sure you will feel much more at ease here in Malta.
below is the off site of the univ of Malta which is very frequented by foreign students
http://www.um.edu.mt/
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:16 pm

BayernLeb wrote:Hey! I ll be graduating this year with a B.E in Mechanical Engineering which is kinda exciting.I want to continue and do a Masters Degree but I am confused to what field in mechanical I should study and which university I should apply to!
Mainly I am looking to univirsities in the UK and Sweden, so can anyone of you guys help like from personal exp or that of a relative/friend? I ve done some research but I dont really trust reviews and rankings.

Thanks in advance !

http://www.strath.ac.uk/mae/

I have a Masters of Engineering degree from the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow.

I'd suggest there, not only because I'm an alumni of these, but also it's constantly ranked in the top 3 or 4 in Mechanical Engineering courses in the UK, and all Mech Eng courses are accredited by the IMechE for future accreditation, which I'm currently working towards.

I'm currently working in the Oil & Gas industry for a Subsea production systems company. And ALL the top Oil & Gas firms recruit directly from the uni. And that's not including all the other top engineering firms who also directly recruit from there. A good example is to google the University of Strathclyde careers fair and Gala Dinner.

Specializing on degree field in Mechanical Engineering isn't a big issue to be honest, it'll just narrow your options. I'd go with just straight Mechanical Engineering.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby lau03143 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:25 pm

lau03143 wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:Hey! I ll be graduating this year with a B.E in Mechanical Engineering which is kinda exciting.I want to continue and do a Masters Degree but I am confused to what field in mechanical I should study and which university I should apply to!

Thanks in advance !

http://www.strath.ac.uk/mae/

I have a Masters of Engineering degree from the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow.

I'd suggest there, not only because I'm an alumni of these, but also it's constantly ranked in the top 3 or 4 in Mechanical Engineering courses in the UK, and all Mech Eng courses are accredited by the IMechE for future accreditation, which I'm currently working towards.

I'm currently working in the Oil & Gas industry for a Subsea production systems company. And ALL the top Oil & Gas firms recruit directly from the uni. And that's not including all the other top engineering firms who also directly recruit from there. A good example is to google the University of Strathclyde careers fair and Gala Dinner.

Specializing on degree field in Mechanical Engineering isn't a big issue to be honest, it'll just narrow your options. I'd go with just straight Mechanical Engineering.

Oh, and if you fancy Sweden, Strathclyde had an exchange partnership with Luleå University of Technology.

http://www.ltu.se/ltu/Organisation/Institutioner?l=en
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to The Lounge