You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:08 am

Remember: You have one FREE transfer after each matchday. Every further transfer costs an additional 2. That should NEVER be done unless it's a huge emergency imo, because those 2 are forever gone and don't exist anymore within your squad and hence can't be traded back for other players.
You do get one wildcard that you can use to have unlimited transfers, plus as far as I understand it, every manager gets an automatic wildcard after matchday 6 (i.e. before the knock out stage begins).
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 am

Well it was either Xavi or Iniesta... Or I can go Xavi - Cazorla - Reus - Pastore

Helton and Lindeegard are probably 2 that I can rotate a lot depending on their team's matches.

Not sure if I should switch still Ribery for Lahm? I'm sure I have enough money and keep my midfield sub player as crap.

And thanks a lot for the input guys!
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby konig_luther » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 am

what midfield bayern will appears against valencia? who knows?
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 am

Looks like a good squad to me. But then again, take my input with a grain of salt, since I'm as much a newcomer as you are. I just play a lot of strategy games as well, and like to theorize about stuff like that from the get go.

The only things I would change is selling Iniesta, and if it needs to be Xavi then you have 1.5 which you can use to trade in one of your shittier bench players, like that dude from the club whose name I don't speak (blue, Bundesliga) and replace him with someone better. Same goes for your left back. Dude needs to get out.

(The last bit is obviously a highly personal matter, and I really won't sign any of them, ever, no matter how good they are. I'm serious about Iniesta, though. Bang/Buck is a shitty ratio for him I'm afraid.)

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 am

konig_luther wrote:what midfield bayern will appears against valencia? who knows?

It's not clear whether Robben and Ribéry will be fit. Right now it looks like Ribéry will play and Robben will not.

So my guess is:

Ribéry --- Kroos --- Müller

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SouthernStar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:46 am

Commodore wrote:Looks like a good squad to me. But then again, take my input with a grain of salt, since I'm as much a newcomer as you are. I just play a lot of strategy games as well, and like to theorize about stuff like that from the get go.

The only things I would change is selling Iniesta, and if it needs to be Xavi then you have 1.5 which you can use to trade in one of your shittier bench players, like that dude from the club whose name I don't speak (blue, Bundesliga) and replace him with someone better. Same goes for your left back. Dude needs to get out.

(The last bit is obviously a highly personal matter, and I really won't sign any of them, ever, no matter how good they are. I'm serious about Iniesta, though. Bang/Buck is a shitty ratio for him I'm afraid.)

:D :D :D :P :P :P

I thought that's for Ozil... he is way too expensive that no one even picks him lol... I would love to get Lahm back but that means a trade off for Ribery (Reus is only 0.5 cheaper than him) and I'm not sure who is a good replacement for him. Stupid 2 players per team requirement.

Not sure about how Mandza will be when Gomez is back from injury because that means it he won't get me much points for me if he's sitting on the bench (will have to depend on Jupp obviously). So maybe back to Lahm and Ribery again instead? The only thing about strikers are that they are too expensive. And at 8.5, Mandza is a STEAL.

It's okay, come this weekend I think our team will tear those blue shirts apart in real life 8) but they are decent for value players for the fantasy team :o

EDIT: I got rid of Metzelder and put Papadopoulus on the bench. In exchange, I have to let RIbery go and bring Lahm back. I kept Mandza for now, I have a feeling that even when the real Gomez is back, the real Mandza might still get quite a bit of playing time and my virtual Mandza may still be able to rack up some points. I brought Khedira in too, I wasn't quite sure if bringing in a defensive midfielder is a good idea but with Xavi - Reus - Cazorla, my attacking midfield is already going to pack quite a punch. That leaves me with 4 points for a substitute midfielder and one of the only decent midfielders I see at 4 points is Ryan Babel or Guillarme Gillet. Ajax is well... if only they are placed in better group so I went with Gillet as my sub.
Last edited by SouthernStar on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby konig_luther » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 am

thanks.... but probably i will not choose ribery... maybe to next matchday
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:15 am

I believe I'm finally done now. At least for tonight I am :D.

My plan is to sell Hummels and get Sergio Ramos instead after matchday 1. Basically going with the who-plays-Ajax approach :lol:. Obviously I still have Babel in there and I might have to do something about that. Unfortunately I only have 0.5 left, so with him out that would make it 4.5. I don't think for the price I can get someone who's better than him in absolute terms, but relative to the competition in his group I believe someone can be found who'll be better value. Other than that I'm pretty happy.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby konig_luther » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 am

i change my team..... select the same teams but choose others players....

[url][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/tscn18.png/]Image[/url]
[/url]

but, i will make some more transfer
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 am

Commodore wrote:Remember: You have one FREE transfer after each matchday. Every further transfer costs an additional 2. That should NEVER be done unless it's a huge emergency imo, because those 2 are forever gone and don't exist anymore within your squad and hence can't be traded back for other players.
You do get one wildcard that you can use to have unlimited transfers, plus as far as I understand it, every manager gets an automatic wildcard after matchday 6 (i.e. before the knock out stage begins).

Any additional transfer (besides the free one) would cost you 2 POINTS from your score total and not a deduction of 2 monetary figures from your 100 budget. It's still not recommendable to do, but it wouldn't hurt as much as reducing your budget ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 am

SouthernStar wrote:I brought Khedira in too, I wasn't quite sure if bringing in a defensive midfielder is a good idea

It isn't, and for 6.0, you can get an offensive minded middie with a higher chance of racking up more points than Khedira. A DM (in general of course) will get you 2 points for playing >60 minutes, and that is if he didn't get booked (-1). Last year I sticked with Biscuits for a many rounds because he was cheap, and his best outcome was 3 points!
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:47 am

Commodore wrote:I believe I'm finally done now. At least for tonight I am .

Trust me, you'll change it like 2-3 times more today :P I'm somehow certain that, by the end of the day, you'll have removed Kroos, Vidal & Babel :lol:

konig_luther wrote:i change my team..... select the same teams but choose others players....

Well, this is not a rule in UEFA, but BayernForum.com's rule is to have the maximum allowed Bayern players in your squad (in that case TWO) :twisted:
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby IdealGas » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:48 am

So having Schweini in my team isn't a good idea too? :?
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:53 am

I'm afraid it's not, especially for the first game, as he will not be venturing much forward as he did against Stuttgart. Kroos would be a better option (as per Commodore), but you'll have to wait till the end of window tonight to get a better understanding of his chance of starting tomorrow (depends on Robben's updates if you ask me).

In the end, it's all about your own strategy and understanding of the game. So, you might be more logical/correct than I am :P
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby IdealGas » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 am

Dang! This is harder than I thought!! now I've got to rethink my whole team, as I don't have enough money to change Schweini to Ribery (I don't trust Kroos :lol: )
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge