You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah, same here re: competitiveness. That's why I'm again changing around some players, and probably not for the last time before tomorrow, lol. This time I'm smarter, though. I made a screenshot of my team and I test the site in another tab before hitting submit, because right now it's down again :lol:.

By tomorrow I'll have the best squad 100 Million can buy.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Question to the more experienced players:

Can I have different captains on each of the two matchdays (i.e. one on the 18th and one on the 19th)?

The rules say this:

Your captain may be changed during a matchday by using manager substitutions.

Does this mean if I want a different captain on Wednesday he has to come from the bench?

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 pm

i explane you my case, i choose one player who play on 18th (helton), if he don't have much point, i change to Messi, (he plays on 19th)........

but if helton does a lot of point, i don´t change
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm

you can choose all players who plays on day 19th... has to come from the bench or not, does't matter
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

MoFattal wrote:
IdealGas wrote: Can someone please explain to me how the manual substitutions work?

Look at konig_luther's squad. His bench has Lahm, Ribery, Messi and Valdes. All of these players are playing on the 19th. Although these players are definitely first choice, he started off by fielding the players who will be playing in the 18th. So, after the games on the 18th are done, he will know the preliminary scores of the players already fielded. Then he will substitute the bench players for the ones who got the lowest points on the 18th, hoping that the bench players will get higher points the next day. Of course, if for example Helton had a fantastic game and gaiend like 6-8 points, then konig_luther might keep Valdes on the bench as the probability of achieving higher points than Helton is very small.

I hope this made some sense :P

Thanks to you both for explaining, I thought that didn't make much sense at all when he has all the good players benched :shock:. I see now so a good thing is to have a balanced team with both teams from group A-D and group E-H? Thus if your starters from group A-D are not playing well, sub them out for group E-H players who might have a chance to score higher points for you?

So in a sense, it's a good idea to have group E-H players on the bench first? The transfer deadline ticker made me thought that I can't switch around the bench too after group A-D play #-o, will read the manual more carefully next time :oops:

- More questions for the experienced players:

- Will you incur cost on transfers after matchday 1? Like next week?

- What kind of bench will be considered balanced for the manual substitution?

Right now my starting goalie is Neuer (19th) but my sub goalie (Lindeegard) also plays in the 19th, is it a good idea to snap a goalie who plays on the 18th and put Neuer on the bench for now?

Same as my striker -> I use a 4-5-1 formation, and all my strikers, starter and substitutes play on the 19th.

I only have 1 defender who plays on the 19th, the rest plays on the 18th... Well technically, I have Lahm, Hummels, Kompany, Papadopolous as starters, and Demichelis on my bench.

My midfield is filled with 4 players who play on the 18th, except for 1.

- Let's face it, the Group of Death has a lot of good players, but I don't know if it's actually a good idea to put a bunch of them as your starters now... since you know they're technically against each other.

*** Unfortunately website is down :(
Last edited by SouthernStar on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 pm

SouthernStar wrote:
So in a sense, it's a good idea to have group E-H players on the bench first? The transfer deadline ticker made me thought that I can't switch around the bench too after group A-D play #-o, will read the manual more carefully next time :oops:

Unfortunately website is down :(

i try and the uefa site is down.......

my team is balanced with players of two days, after group A-D play i can change.....
and in the next matches E-H play first, so i will put all players who play first, in titular team......

i also understand this in the Fantasy of EURO2012
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 pm

SouthernStar wrote:
- More questions for the experienced players:

- Will you incur cost on transfers after matchday 1? Like next week?

- What kind of bench will be considered balanced for the manual substitution?

Right now my starting goalie is Neuer (19th) but my sub goalie (Lindeegard) also plays in the 19th, is it a good idea to snap a goalie who plays on the 18th and put Neuer on the bench for now?

Same as my striker -> I use a 4-5-1 formation, and all my strikers, starter and substitutes play on the 19th.

I only have 1 defender who plays on the 19th, the rest plays on the 18th... Well technically, I have Lahm, Hummels, Kompany, Papadopolous as starters, and Demichelis on my bench.

My midfield is filled with 4 players who play on the 18th, except for 1.

- Let's face it, the Group of Death has a lot of good players, but I don't know if it's actually a good idea to put a bunch of them as your starters now... since you know they're technically against each other.

*** Unfortunately website is down :(

1. only have 1 transfer to do after every matchday..... but you can use 1 wildcard, and you can realize all transfer you want, but i normally use in matchday 5...

2. i always tried have player who actually play, not cheapers who don't play

3. i think you must change and put one goalkepper of day 18th, and another of day 19th.

4. strikes you can have all of day 19th because you have much players of day 18th... in my case all strikes play on 19th
yes, i also dont have anyone in the group of death, i prefer choose players who i know that his team win....
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 pm

konig_luther wrote:i also dont have anyone in the group of death, i prefer choose players who i know that his team win....

You have Babel of Ajax in your squad. At least you did in the screenshot you posted.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Commodore wrote:Can I have different captains on each of the two matchdays (i.e. one on the 18th and one on the 19th)?

Yeah definitely. You can change the captain to any of the players who still haven't played (whether they were coming of the bench or not). Of course, you'll lose the double points awarded for your initial captain when you do that.

SouthernStar wrote: Will you incur cost on transfers after matchday 1? Like next week?

After MD1, you'll be given ONE free transfer. Each additional transfer will deduct 2 points from your total.

SouthernStar wrote:What kind of bench will be considered balanced for the manual substitution?

For me, the best strategy is to mix it up. It doesn't have to be 50-50. Just keep the option of having your entire bench substituted (if needed, of course) for the next day i.e. get 4 players who play on the different day as a precaution (note that you might not use them all, and that is normally the case).

For the goalie, you would be better having them playing on different days, or else you will just lose money on one without using him. As for the striker, it doesn't matter that much. You can change Striker for Midfield or Defender, and the other ways around (and hence your formation will adjust automatically). So, as long as you have the substitution options, you don't have to worry about the positions much. In my case, I have all my strikers playing on the 19th, but if my 18th players perform well, I might only field 1 of the 3 strikers I have.

SouthernStar wrote:- Let's face it, the Group of Death has a lot of good players, but I don't know if it's actually a good idea to put a bunch of them as your starters now... since you know they're technically against each other.

Well, I wouldn't expect Ronaldo/Benzema/Aguero/Toure etc. to score many goals and provide many assists when facing each other. At the same time, I wouldn't expect Casillas/Ramos/Kompany/Hart etc. to keep a clean sheet and not get any cards. These are all costly players, and there are many cheaper options with a better chance of giving you higher points (on paper, of course). So, you can a have a couple as a provision for the other group games (especially when each of them plays Ajax :P), but don't overdo it!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 pm

See, this is getting exciting already :lol:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:44 pm

oh... it's true... but i try to see if i can change.... because probably i change denisov.....
depends the money.... and the site is down

i dontt know if i choose denisov or shirokov, who its more offensive? shirokov?

site works now
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SouthernStar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks everyone for the input, this is refreshing. I play a lot of strategy games so I think I might get addicted to this once I start to get the hang of it :P

Not sure if I'll have enough money for this lineup. But hopefully maybe (site is still down, I hope I can make all the transfers in time).

What do you guys think of this lineup? I'll put players who play for Group A - D in BLUE and those who plays for Group E-H in RED

Lindeegard (cost: 4)
Lahm, Hummels, Papadopoulus (cost 7 + 6 or 6.5 + 5)
Iniesta (who is sadly injured for matchday 1), Santi Cazorla, Reus, Ribery (cost: 10 + 8.5 + ? + 9)
Messi + ? + ? (Costs: 13 + all has to depends on how much money I left)

Bench: Demichelis and ? + ?, goalie also has to depend on my money...

* Not sure if Lahm or Ribery are good choices since they're quite expensive (for their positions) or I can go and buy our cheaper players like Mandzukic (If I'm not mistaken, I think he only costs 8 or 8.5)? Maybe Schweini? Shaq is quite expensive at 8 points :shock:. Barca has such an easy group that I think their players will get good points (and because they're UEFA-lona anyway).

As for Lindeegard, I have a feeling he is gonna start a lot more over the "Krispy Kreme lover" :mrgreen: (I trust Neuer but he is expensive and he might not even see much action at all like a lot of our games nowadays...)

What do you guys do about injured players like Iniesta? I would rather get him now since he is one of my first choices but I don't want to spend extra on the transfer cost later.
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 am

I threw Iniesta out by now, and I'm not even sure I'll get him back. Dude just won best player in Europe award, but seriously, go check his stats. He simply won't rack up enough points in FF to justify his cost of 10 (most expensive midfielder in the game).

Mandzukic is GREAT value at 8.5 and given the form he's in. I don't see a reason why not each and everyone especially of us Bayern fans here should sign him up.

Lahm is always good for an assist, and we have a decent chance to have a lot of clean sheets during the group stage, but I tried to sign tall guys of favorite teams that move up front for set pieces. Hummels almost fits the bill, especially tomorrow. Against City and Real not so much, so he might be good value to sign up and sell after matchday 1.

Cazorla and Reus are must haves imo and I'm probably going to keep Reus even considering the group he's in.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby konig_luther » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 am

if you want Iniesta... let he stay in your team.... for the next games.... but with Benfica, forget Iniesta and Messi.... :D :mrgreen:

to strike you can choose Jackson Martinez, Porto..... he actually score many goals, and porto will play against Zagreb, and plays tomorrow
you can also choose James Rodriguez, Porto....
also can choose someone of Milan, and someone of PSG

SCHAKTAR is good also
Last edited by konig_luther on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge