You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 2012/13

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm

So after setting up my team in just about 5 minutes, and reading you guys' cheeky comments after, I decided to give it more thought and re did the whole team (thanks to unlimited free transfers on matchday 1). Just as I hit submit, the damn UEFA site craps out on me and now I can do it all over again :(.

I too haven't understood the whole substitution thing in it's entirety but I'll give it another look after re-doing my team.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:40 pm

Site seems to be having major problems right now.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com also says that it's down.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

IdealGas wrote: Can someone please explain to me how the manual substitutions work?

Look at konig_luther's squad. His bench has Lahm, Ribery, Messi and Valdes. All of these players are playing on the 19th. Although these players are definitely first choice, he started off by fielding the players who will be playing in the 18th. So, after the games on the 18th are done, he will know the preliminary scores of the players already fielded. Then he will substitute the bench players for the ones who got the lowest points on the 18th, hoping that the bench players will get higher points the next day. Of course, if for example Helton had a fantastic game and gaiend like 6-8 points, then konig_luther might keep Valdes on the bench as the probability of achieving higher points than Helton is very small.

I hope this made some sense :P
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Commodore wrote:Site seems to be having major problems right now.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com also says that it's down.

The site is down at the moment. It's been very slow in the past couple of hours also, maybe due to congestion?
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby IdealGas » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:49 pm

MoFattal wrote:Look at konig_luther's squad. His bench has Lahm, Ribery, Messi and Valdes. All of these players are playing on the 19th. Although these players are definitely first choice, he started off by fielding the players who will be playing in the 18th. So, after the games on the 18th are done, he will know the preliminary scores of the players already fielded. Then he will substitute the bench players for the ones who got the lowest points on the 18th, hoping that the bench players will get higher points the next day. Of course, if for example Helton had a fantastic game and gaiend like 6-8 points, then konig_luther might keep Valdes on the bench as the probability of achieving higher points than Helton is very small.

I hope this made some sense

Aaaaahhh that explains why he has a very expensive bench. Thanks a lot!! Now let me copy that strategy as soon as the website is up again. Website's probably down since everyone's doing last minute transfers. :lol:
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:50 pm

You're welcome :) Some people, though, don't care much about bench players so they get whoever they can get for the price of 3-4 (regardless of whether those players will play or not) and spend the bulk of their money on getting a strong (and expensive) starting 11 :P However, this strategy is risky and usually doesn't work as one might think it would.

The site is active now, but still a bit slow.
Last edited by MoFattal on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:51 pm

MoFattal wrote:
IdealGas wrote: Can someone please explain to me how the manual substitutions work?

Look at konig_luther's squad. His bench has Lahm, Ribery, Messi and Valdes. All of these players are playing on the 19th. Although these players are definitely first choice, he started off by fielding the players who will be playing in the 18th. So, after the games on the 18th are done, he will know the preliminary scores of the players already fielded. Then he will substitute the bench players for the ones who got the lowest points on the 18th, hoping that the bench players will get higher points the next day. Of course, if for example Helton had a fantastic game and gaiend like 6-8 points, then konig_luther might keep Valdes on the bench as the probability of achieving higher points than Helton is very small.

I hope this made some sense :P

exactly
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:54 pm

@konig_luther: What's your team's title? You're a forum member, so we have to add you to the table :P
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:56 pm

MoFattal wrote:@konig_luther: What's your team's title? You're a forum member, so we have to add you to the table :P

It's Prana FC
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Commodore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 pm

So,

here we go. My squad. The Commodore Amigas, completely done over.

I think the only weakness I have is Babel because of the tough group Ajax are in. I still have 24 hours to come up with someone better though. Maybe I'll do some research into the teams I don't know that much.

Basically what I did was I re-read the rules, especially the way scoring works and figured that Busquets and Martínez are probably pretty useless for that system. I believe both are among the best players in the world (if only people would value strategic and defensive play as much as they value flashy offense), but in the fantasy setting they simply won't get a lot of points (Especially Busquets).

Also I figured it won't make much sense spending tons on goalkeepers of the big teams. More often than not they won't even get lots of shots on their goal, and while this will mean a quite likely 4 points for them, I'd rather spend the money getting points in offense and have goalies of less favored teams get points through saves (hopefully)

I wasn't sure about Demichelis, but he's an ex Bayern player and after all you have this budget restriction.

My midfield and attack, however couldn't be any scarier I believe.

Pretty happy so far, but all is subject to change of course, and while my squad is probably still not that of a "Fantasy Pro", at least this time I gave it some thought and had a strategy.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Commodore wrote:Pretty happy so far

Definitely a competitive squad =D>

Commodore wrote:My midfield and attack, however couldn't be any scarier I believe

You haven't seen mine yet 8)

Commodore wrote: and while this will mean a quite likely 4 points for them

4 points for keeping a clean sheet + 2 points for playing more than 60 minutes => 6 points. I think having a good goalkeeper with a low chance of conceding much better than one who conceded and can save up to 12 shots yet still cannot get more than 6 pts.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 pm

MoFattal .......

you play fantasy last year? which position u were last season in global ranking?
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah I did. I can't really remember (is there a way to find out now?), but it was pretty much bad :P Maybe 19000 or something :?

I started out very poorly if I recall correctly, made a stupid call with using the wildcard after matchday 2, and shot myself in the foot with a hole bunch of useless costly transfers. It is in the latter stages where I started to rack up some good points, but it was all too late.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby konig_luther » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 pm

no... i think there's no way to find the place now....... in the last fantasy you can see.....

i ask because you understand a lot...

my place in the last fantasy my place was 24,049 , 635pts..... but my best was in 2010/2011--- 9,387 place

my objective for fantasy it's first 1,000..... but maybe it's a dream
konig_luther
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:35 pm

konig_luther wrote:i ask because you understand a lot...

Thanks :oops: (Unfortunately) I'm competitive by nature, especially when it comes to sports, hence the interst in this game :)

konig_luther wrote:my objective for fantasy it's first 1,000

Same here!
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge