You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

TV Series Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

TV Series Thread

Postby Roonzil » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Finished season 5 of Orange is the New Black. Best one so far imo

Start and finish were strong but I felt that the middle part of the season was a bit of a drag. That f*cking cliffhanger tho!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Re: TV Series Thread

Postby shpati_L1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:46 am

Roonzil wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Finished season 5 of Orange is the New Black. Best one so far imo

Start and finish were strong but I felt that the middle part of the season was a bit of a drag. That f*cking cliffhanger tho!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Same. I didn't enjoy this season very much unfortunately. I only liked the final two episodes.
That Flaritza seperation was heartbreaking though :cry:
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 pm

There's a bit of repetition but I think the psychological angle was done very well this season and I've always liked that about this show, so I didn't mind it. I binge watched the first 4 seasons last year and didn't get any less addicted this time.

Spoiler: show
What I didn't get is what happened to Sophia. She leaves the clinic in one episode and disappears completely for the rest of the season, even in the finale. Did I miss some detail?

Damn cliffhanger finales, btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:There's a bit of repetition but I think the psychological angle was done very well this season and I've always liked that about this show, so I didn't mind it. I binge watched the first 4 seasons last year and didn't get any less addicted this time.

What I didn't get is what happened to Sophia. She leaves the clinic in one episode and disappears completely for the rest of the season, even in the finale. Did I miss some detail?

Damn cliffhanger finales, btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that the reason for that is that the actress Laverne Cox was busy with something else that's why her scenes were very short and ended very quickly into the season. Not exactly sure but I think Sophia was somewhere around the prison all the time we just didn't get to see more of her.
shpati_L1

National Flag:
Albania

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:36 am

PunkCapitalist have you watched season 3 of The Leftovers?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 pm

MaCk0y wrote:PunkCapitalist have you watched season 3 of The Leftovers?

Yeah. Tbh, I though the series ended up being kinda unfulfilled (don't ask me to explain that feeling, though :D). Maybe the ending felt too rushed through (if you already watched it, the Nora sequence was kinda light for what it should have been).

Season 1 still the best for me.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Yeah. Tbh, I though the series ended up being kinda unfulfilled (don't ask me to explain that feeling, though :D).

Same though as expected from Damon Lindelof, same writer and producer of Lost but I prefer The Leftovers ending. There are still unanswered questions and whether what she said was even true. All worth it though just for the soundtrack alone and those moments when it kicks in. Gives me shivers. Also the acting was impeccable.

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 pm

MaCk0y wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Yeah. Tbh, I though the series ended up being kinda unfulfilled (don't ask me to explain that feeling, though :D).

Same though as expected from Damon Lindelof, same writer and producer of Lost but I prefer The Leftovers ending. There are still unanswered questions and whether what she said was even true. All worth it though just for the soundtrack alone and those moments when it kicks in. Gives me shivers. Also the acting was impeccable.

Absolutely! Fantastic sound track and brilliant acting! Also, season 3 had it's moments, I just felt it could have been "more". Kinda like Breaking Bad, which was so good at building up tension and releasing it with just the right timing. Masterful storytelling IMO. For me it's not so much about unanswered questions, I could live with them, it more about the pacing of the final season which felt too "lightweight" at times.

PunkCapitalist

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:15 pm

The guy behind 24 ,I Medici amongst others is planning on a movie about Malta's two great Sieges,1565 & 1942
http://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/news/produttur ... ir/?src=hm

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:45 pm

BTW PunkCapitalist, you should watch Les Revenants if you haven't watched it. It's sort of the reverse of The Leftovers.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:The guy behind 24 ,I Medici amongst others is planning on a movie about Malta's two great Sieges,1565 & 1942
http://www.tvm.com.mt/mt/news/produttur ... ir/?src=hm

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why nobody ever made a blockbuster movie about Operation Pedestal, one of the very greatest war stories of all time.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:14 pm

MaCk0y wrote:BTW PunkCapitalist, you should watch Les Revenants if you haven't watched it. It's sort of the reverse of The Leftovers.

I think I've read about it. Will check it out.

PunkCapitalist

Postby German-American » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:26 pm

I just watched The Pacific. What a great mini series by HBO!!! I still like band of brothers a tad better.
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:45 pm

German-American wrote:I just watched The Pacific. What a great mini series by HBO!!! I still like band of brothers a tad better.

Have you watched Generation Kill? Another great mini series from HBO.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:25 pm

pyrasur Did you enjoy Baccano!? One of the best IMO. I hope you watched it in English. And you're following it with the best TV series IMO.

Now in regards to One Piece, are you willing to watch almost 800 episodes and counting? :D I started watching it when I was still a teenager on Italian TV! I liked it so a few years after they stopped broadcasting, decided to start it again from beginning in Japanese because the characters and the setting intrigued me and thus kept watching it.

It' not without faults. As like most shounen anime, episodes are short; around 17min, fillers so not to catch up with the manga and they take too long to get to fight the boss in a saga. It has some great soundtrack though and the animation improves over time. I mostly like how the characters progress overtime and their backstory. And in the early parts of the anime, they had some really good funny moments that made me cry with laughter.

If you are not overwhelmed by the number of episodes and have time to watch it, give it a try.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge