You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Today in History

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Today in History

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 pm

#12 wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:THAT goal

Being...? That 12 second Madrid finisher? :P

Yes. That was the one time I go MENTAL celebrating a goal around that time (I do that a lot more often now).
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:59 pm

I liked his Ajax goal best...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:57 am

One of the biggest political mistakes ever. In 2003 today Malta voted in a referendum to join the fractured union (the EU)
Unfortunatfly I was one of those blinded sheep who voted Yes... :evil:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:13 am

ramsej84 wrote:One of the biggest political mistakes ever. In 2003 today Malta voted in a referendum to join the fractured union (the EU)

:shock: I'm shocked someone in Malta still thinks that was a mistake. Even the Labour Party politicians who were strongly against it at the time have all been convinced since.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:58 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:One of the biggest political mistakes ever. In 2003 today Malta voted in a referendum to join the fractured union (the EU)

:shock: I'm shocked someone in Malta still thinks that was a mistake. Even the Labour Party politicians who were strongly against it at the time have all been convinced since.

because we (I) were (was) blinded sheep I voted YES ... but I regret it...
I pray that the UK leaves so that the '' union '' crumbles...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:52 am

And why do you regret it? Do you regret the several millions that the EU gave Malta? (I myself benefited from this by getting a scholarship for a degree from EU funds) Do you regret the beneficial laws that the EU imposed upon us that the Maltese politicians would otherwise not have the balls to implement whilst fishing for votes? Do you regret that you don't have to pay custom tax for goods imported from the EU? Do you regret not having to exchange currency at big losses in order to travel somewhere as close as Sicily? Do you regret that you don't have to wait in long queues at airports? Do you regret having the possibility to have free medication when on holiday in the EU?

I understand you can find a couple of disadvantages, but the advantages of the EU far outweigh the disadvantages.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:55 am

MUTU wrote:And why do you regret it? Do you regret the several millions that the EU gave Malta? (I myself benefited from this by getting a scholarship for a degree from EU funds) Do you regret the beneficial laws that the EU imposed upon us that the Maltese politicians would otherwise not have the balls to implement whilst fishing for votes? Do you regret that you don't have to pay custom tax for goods imported from the EU? Do you regret not having to exchange currency at big losses in order to travel somewhere as close as Sicily? Do you regret that you don't have to wait in long queues at airports? Do you regret having the possibility to have free medication when on holiday in the EU?

I understand you can find a couple of disadvantages, but the advantages of the EU far outweigh the disadvantages.

We sold our soul to the devil...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:30 am

ramsej84 wrote:
MUTU wrote:And why do you regret it? Do you regret the several millions that the EU gave Malta? (I myself benefited from this by getting a scholarship for a degree from EU funds) Do you regret the beneficial laws that the EU imposed upon us that the Maltese politicians would otherwise not have the balls to implement whilst fishing for votes? Do you regret that you don't have to pay custom tax for goods imported from the EU? Do you regret not having to exchange currency at big losses in order to travel somewhere as close as Sicily? Do you regret that you don't have to wait in long queues at airports? Do you regret having the possibility to have free medication when on holiday in the EU?

Very ambiguous response. I'd like to hear hard disadvantages, enough to outweigh the advantages.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:43 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Very ambiguous response. I'd like to hear hard disadvantages, enough to outweigh the advantages.

we lost our sovereignty and that is enough...
We have a lady dictating everything on us and other countries... We have our puppet reps and Govt and opposition bowing before these illuminati of the EU. They impose all kind of shi* on us... all kind... for the exchange of some money. By the way by 2020 Malta will become a net contributor - which means we will be forking out more money to the EU than we get in from them.
They are pushing for turkey to become member and also Serbia... OH that will be so good for us...
And don't tell me that the shengen is good... Security is Zero.
I want borders back and no free movement...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 am

ramsej84 wrote:we lost our sovereignty and that is enough...

For a country with a history of being ruled by others, that's not something strange.
ramsej84 wrote:We have a lady dictating everything on us and other countries... We have our puppet reps and Govt and opposition bowing before these illuminati of the EU. They impose all kind of shi* on us... all kind... for the exchange of some money.

And that is a bad thing? I trust the EU faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than our corrupt politicians.
ramsej84 wrote:By the way by 2020 Malta will become a net contributor - which means we will be forking out more money to the EU than we get in from them.

And rightfully so. We've had time to invest and reap the benefits.
ramsej84 wrote:They are pushing for turkey to become member and also Serbia... OH that will be so good for us...

Good news, cheaper leather and appliances for us then :)
ramsej84 wrote:And don't tell me that the shengen is good... Security is Zero.
I want borders back and no free movement...

AFAIK, Shengen is not imposed but recommended. In any case, don't talk about security. If some country/entity was to attack Malta, do you think we'd be more likely to get help from EU countries if we were outside of the EU?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 am

The EU is a good concept, coming from someone who was against it for a few years when I started informing myself about it. It's not something we should get rid of (partly selfish because I'm on my way to becoming a translator), and I hope the UK stays (also partly selfish because it would facilitate working in the UK which might be in my future), but the Union needs a few reforms. In my opinion most Europeans aren't fed up with the idea of our unity, but with the disconnection between politicians and people. Those who are protesting against the EU do so on the basis of immigration, austerity, unrepresentativeness, sovereignty, not on the basis of trying to force the English and the French to live together (for example).

I think the people of Europe do feel a certain brotherhood between themselves, but what we might see as our future is not the way the EU politicians are taking it. Dissolving the union would create more problems than it solves but I think some time in the near future people will make sure it goes the way we want it to.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby BayernLove » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Mate I think he lost the moment he said "The illuminati of the EU"
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The EU is a good concept, coming from someone who was against it for a few years when I started informing myself about it. It's not something we should get rid of (partly selfish because I'm on my way to becoming a translator), and I hope the UK stays (also partly selfish because it would facilitate working in the UK which might be in my future), but the Union needs a few reforms. In my opinion most Europeans aren't fed up with the idea of our unity, but with the disconnection between politicians and people. Those who are protesting against the EU do so on the basis of immigration, austerity, unrepresentativeness, sovereignty, not on the basis of trying to force the English and the French to live together (for example).

I think the people of Europe do feel a certain brotherhood between themselves, but what we might see as our future is not the way the EU politicians are taking it. Dissolving the union would create more problems than it solves but I think some time in the near future people will make sure it goes the way we want it to.

hopefully you are right ... because the concept was fine and I believe it started going downwards very recently... the original (common market) was very advantageous especially for poorer countries.

I don't believe in the fraternity you mentioned... Once a former Prime Minister said the Europe of Cain and Abel...Do you know who was this PM? :)
Austrians, Dutch, French, Italians, Greek, English all hate Germans
Belgians hate the Dutch... and vice versa
French and England do not see to eye... so on and so forth
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:By the way by 2020 Malta will become a net contributor

Been doing that for years, welcome to the club... ;)

I'm sorry, but these "end of the world" fantasies of yours are something I really can't understand... :)
If by 2020 you contribute, you've had 16 years of taking... So IMHO that gives you no right to badmouth the EU, and also not this "lady" that keeps the whole system going... After all, we are the biggest contributor, and at the moment, we also pay for many many refugees that other countries actually are supposed to take in by EU law...
And that "blinded sheep" thing: It was alle there... For everyone to read - rules, regulations and benefits... It's not like TTIP... If someone doesn'T inform oneself before voting, that's where you get - a problem arising anew with voters changing to populist parties for protest... (Look at Poland, I bet they're VERY happy with no freedom of the press, freedom of speech and basic human rights...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge