You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Today I Learned

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Today I Learned

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:03 pm

TIL that Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, believed that during the priest's sermon in mass, children should be allowed to read for pleasure, because at their age they would find the sermon too boring and it would push them away from the Church. :mrgreen:

I can't link a source to this because I found it in an introduction to a collection of his works.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 am

Today I learned that San Marino is the oldest surviving Republic in the World.
It is a Rep since 301 A.D

It's founder was San Marino who arrived there from Croatia after escaping persecution...

It's independence was threatened by Napoleon but the latter (who befriended the Leaders of S.Marino) spared it and even wanted to add territory to the Rep.
An offer which was refused by the Governor fearing future repercussions by their neighbouring regions.
During the two great wars it suffered some attacks especially in 1944 , but it remained united and independent

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to The Lounge