You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Today I Learned

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.
 

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 pm

#12 wrote:It was still a reaction... An unnecessary one, but nowhere close to the German aggression...
The people there were not blessing and celebrating them long though... And then did it again 4 years later
Stalin was in fact a bad man... And he might have started a war at some point as well - but I think we can at least all agree he didn't?!
History is just the essence of human decisions and actions... Hitler was faster

Göring... Was a tool... Constantly overconfident, barely capable of doing anything, rarely fulfilling missions and duties... Wanted to take Britain (and Malta ) by air, wanted to support Paulus' 6th army in Stalingrad by air... All big failures... Incompetent fat troll (like Ancelotti )
Got what he deserved? Kinda... I think others got away more easily, I'm against death penalty, then again it was a court martial...Don't know, not for me to decide... IMHO he could've rotted in some cage...

actually he did not go to the gallows... he smuggled poison and died smiling and winkling :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby Hardrade » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:19 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Re Goering ... militarily and whether he deserved what he got?

RE Stalin. They were the aggressors in Ukraine, Crimea, Poland, Lithuania, Croatia, Bulgaria ...
I've seen videos of Ukrainians blessing their liberators (the Germans) ...

Churchill sent back hundreds of refugees back to their death!
Not to mention the carpet bombing of Dresden !


You are strangely compassionate to the plight of the axis :D

When you start a war, or perform an aggression of any kind, you automaticaly accept the moral obligation to suffer consequences and full responsibility if you lose. That's why we have the contrasting terms like "attack" and "defence".

Regarding these folks from the eastern europe who welcomed germans... I really cannot grasp their state of mind, when it was quite clear what Nazi elite thought about slavic people. Sadly enough, those mistakes were quite costly, as many as 17 milion civilians died just within the borders of the USSR, not to mention Poland and the Balkans. I can't imagine how many more (including those 'liberated' poles and ukrainians) would have died if the Nazis won the war.
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
User avatar
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm
Location: Belgrade
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 144 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 pm

You maybe right... one way or another they were going to suffer...
I always want to point out that the other side was as much as horrible...

Rapes... mass killings... etc... You will never hear those things cause of the one sided media... the other dead are forgotten...
For eg to go back to the NSPD , in their camps not only jews died... Comms, gays, gypsies, Roman Catholic Priests who opposed the regime, Jehovas, Free Masons...

Plus the media and Hollywood forget other grnocides... how many films have you seen about the Conquistadores, Armenian genocide, those happened in Africa and Bosnia?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby #12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:04 pm

ramsej84 wrote:You maybe right... one way or another they were going to suffer...
I always want to point out that the other side was as much as horrible...

Rapes... mass killings... etc... You will never hear those things cause of the one sided media... the other dead are forgotten...
For eg to go back to the NSPD , in their camps not only jews died... Comms, gays, gypsies, Roman Catholic Priests who opposed the regime, Jehovas, Free Masons...

Plus the media and Hollywood forget other grnocides... how many films have you seen about the Conquistadores, Armenian genocide, those happened in Africa and Bosnia?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Well, WE teach about them... I do... But then again you say we are indoctrinated

ramsej84 wrote:
#12 wrote:It was still a reaction... An unnecessary one, but nowhere close to the German aggression...
The people there were not blessing and celebrating them long though... And then did it again 4 years later
Stalin was in fact a bad man... And he might have started a war at some point as well - but I think we can at least all agree he didn't?!
History is just the essence of human decisions and actions... Hitler was faster

Göring... Was a tool... Constantly overconfident, barely capable of doing anything, rarely fulfilling missions and duties... Wanted to take Britain (and Malta ) by air, wanted to support Paulus' 6th army in Stalingrad by air... All big failures... Incompetent fat troll (like Ancelotti )
Got what he deserved? Kinda... I think others got away more easily, I'm against death penalty, then again it was a court martial...Don't know, not for me to decide... IMHO he could've rotted in some cage...

actually he did not go to the gallows... he smuggled poison and died smiling and winkling :lol:


Well, he wouldn't have done it if not for the verdict right?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2532 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Today I learned about Saarland...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Ge ... tball_team

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am

Next Thu 21st Sept will be both Jewish and Islamic new year...
Does it always fall on the same day?

on that particular day Malta celebrates it's Independence from Britain. (1964)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm

TIL that in 1941, Soviet researchers exhumed the body of the 14th century ruler Timur/Tamerlane and allegedly found an inscription saying "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." Three days later, Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31361
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8830 times
Been thanked: 7436 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Today I Learned

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm

Coincidence though...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2532 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
TIL that in 1941, Soviet researchers exhumed the body of the 14th century ruler Timur/Tamerlane and allegedly found an inscription saying "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." Three days later, Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. [source]
Interesting, I made a quick wiki search as I never heard of him before...
His campaigns resulted in 17 million deaths...
Not sure but he may be the one responsible of the Islamization of some of the regions in Asia

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
TIL that in 1941, Soviet researchers exhumed the body of the 14th century ruler Timur/Tamerlane and allegedly found an inscription saying "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." Three days later, Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. [source]
Interesting, I made a quick wiki search as I never heard of him before...
His campaigns resulted in 17 million deaths...
Not sure but he may be the one responsible of the Islamization of some of the regions in Asia

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


I didn't know much about the real figure but I knew about him through Marlowe's Tamburlaine, which is based on him. If I remember correctly, in that play he burns the Quran.

@12: obviously
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31361
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8830 times
Been thanked: 7436 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Today I Learned

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
TIL that in 1941, Soviet researchers exhumed the body of the 14th century ruler Timur/Tamerlane and allegedly found an inscription saying "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." Three days later, Hitler invaded the Soviet Union. [source]
Interesting, I made a quick wiki search as I never heard of him before...
His campaigns resulted in 17 million deaths...
Not sure but he may be the one responsible of the Islamization of some of the regions in Asia

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


I didn't know much about the real figure but I knew about him through Marlowe's Tamburlaine, which is based on him. If I remember correctly, in that play he burns the Quran.

@12: obviously


Well just for the people that didn't know: the attack on Russia had been planned long before and was postponed multiple times...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2532 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm

10 Things You Use Every Day That Are Invented by Muslims [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Maltese Playboy Models Were The First Twins To Be 'Playmates Of The Month [source]


U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Last Sat while watching one of the tens of thousands of docs regarding Adolf Hitler History Channel airs; I learned that the party A.H went on to spy on while on duty was the same party of which he became leader and renamed as NSDAP instead of the worker's party.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Today I Learned

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:33 pm

"Liliger" Born in Russia No Boon for Big Cats [source]

yest I learned that tigers are very good and fast swimmers ....
and big cats occasionally have sex between other species, like for eg. Lion with a tiger (liger)
Puma with cougar etc :shock:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27156
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22133 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests