You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The ultimate (and possibly desolate) Runner's thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

The ultimate (and possibly desolate) Runner's thread

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:56 am

So, any of you Usaims want to share you runner's experiences, here's a thread.

I'm prepping up for my first long miler in October. Hopefully 42k in Chicago. Times are not an issue on this one. Doing the distance is. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The ultimate (and possibly desolate) Runner's thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:41 am

I used to be a sprinter in my teens but lost interest. I like walking/jogging a lot casually but have no interest in actual runs.

Someone who used to train with me and lives two doors down will be representing Malta in Rio this summer. :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:07 pm

good luck tflags. i also used to run mid-distance in high school, and now i'm just a casual runner for exercise. 4 miles per day or so
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANKER » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:54 pm

I ride my bicycle though... almost every day before sunset, 3 miles or so. :P
La chance, c’est ce qu’on croit toujours qu’on n’a pas.
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:03 pm

I did my first half marathon in Florida some years ago. It was a disaster. I didn't have any records on the race so I got relegated to group "I" (on alphabetical order that's about the last group) so I ended up with a bunch of ladies in wigs and men with iPods not to mention the most delayed corral to open. For some reason the organizers thought it was a good idea to put you on a bridge just after 'kick-off' which is fine except for the part where you have to run with two thousand people in a space no wider than the equivalent of three car's width. Sure enough I lost a shoe which almost fell to the river. Just imagine looking for a shoe, at 5:30 am, with thousands of people running the other way. The good part is I had easy-laces so putting the thing back on was relatively quickly.

By the time I hit the first aid station it was already 5k which is no biggie nowadays but back then I used to start taking fluids one and a half miles earlier. My favourite episode was hitting mile 7 or 8 and a crazy bastard was so pissed off at the crowd he jump at me as to hit me. It shocked me as I lost my breath and almost passed out. Then there was the heat. I trained on threadmills during those days due to the speed I needed to do and Florida's humidity just killed me.

About two miles from the finish line I was in so much pain from the heat and the speed I was doing I cried all the way till the end. As I got to the finish line the dude who actually won the full marathon came in at the same time (remember I was doing the half) so I ended up in the newspapers crossing the finish line about half a meter behind the full race winner. :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Return to The Lounge