You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby podolski4life » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:20 am

With the Bundesliga relatively quiet, there's probably some other sport we're following until it starts again. Name any team from any sport from any country that you follow, even if it's not their season yet.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:41 am

I'll start this up...

Basketball: Warriors- We've missed the playoffs for 12 consecutive years, but 2k7's our year. We’re the second or third youngest team in the league, record is 18-20, and we just signed this incredibly talented player with an even better name: Kelenna Azubuike.

Baseball: Giants- Got a new coach, signed a major pitching talent, and Barry Bonds is about to break the all-time record for home runs.

Hockey: Sharks- Best moment ever- came back from 3-1 to win 9-4 with 8 consecutive goals.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:37 am

Now that I have my classes all settled at the University and I got my new computer, I can start posting more and more. Yeah!!!

The only teams that I follow are:

Pro Football: Denver Broncos - though they sucked this year and I think Jake Plummer is not the answer to Elway.

College Football: West Virginia University. I'm originally from West Virginia so I have to follow them through the think and thin.

Don't care for any other teams.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:13 am

I´d probably support Miami Heat (Shaq rocks) bvut the time zone really destroys my chances to watch any games.
:x
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 pm

i like toronto raptors since vince carter used to pay for them :lol:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:06 pm

supr4king wrote:i like toronto raptors since vince carter used to pay for them :lol:

Vince Carter had some good dunks but I think age is catching up with him.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Paddy wrote:I´d probably support Miami Heat (Shaq rocks) bvut the time zone really destroys my chances to watch any games.

I follow chelsea the time Bayern doesn't play :roll: and other big teams around europe, also tennis... Sharapova :D, nothing else

P.S. we need some more emoticons here, I need to express myself more :mrgreen: . :? <--- and this means worried not confused, confused should be with some question marks above his head
FC Bajern

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:43 pm

tracylynn wrote:
supr4king wrote:i like toronto raptors since vince carter used to pay for them :lol:

ummm.. he´s 30. NBA player can play good basketball until 35 if they are fit. But VC had some troubles with injuries and never really got back into form.

Look at Shaq he´s 35 and he´s still the best Center in the NBA
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:26 pm

FC Bajern wrote:P.S. we need some more emoticons here, I need to express myself more :mrgreen: . :? <--- and this means worried not confused, confused should be with some question marks above his head

I'll try to add more... I just hope people won't overuse them though.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Paddy wrote:
tracylynn wrote:

ummm.. he´s 30. NBA player can play good basketball until 35 if they are fit. But VC had some troubles with injuries and never really got back into form.

I know. Vince has had some knee injuries. So, add that to the fact that he is aging (body wise), he's not as good as he used to be. He still has some good moves but not like before. The sport does take it toll on the body and some athletes don't feel it while others do. I think in Vince's case, he's feeling it because of the injuries.

Shaq is funny. I don't really care for basketball, though I do know it, he is one player I truly respect.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:55 pm

MUTU wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:P.S. we need some more emoticons here, I need to express myself more :mrgreen: . :? <--- and this means worried not confused, confused should be with some question marks above his head

I'll try to add more... I just hope people won't overuse them though.

Please get the one that expresses sickness. There have been times when I wished that emoticon was available. :lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 am

tracylynn wrote:
Paddy wrote:
tracylynn wrote:

I know. Vince has had some knee injuries. So, add that to the fact that he is aging (body wise), he's not as good as he used to be. He still has some good moves but not like before. The sport does take it toll on the body and some athletes don't feel it while others do. I think in Vince's case, he's feeling it because of the injuries.

Shaq is funny. I don't really care for basketball, though I do know it, he is one player I truly respect.

I like him cause he´s such a big and strong guy but he looks so confused. :lol:
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:03 am

Football : Manu / Chelsea apart from Bayern

Football: Pittsburgh Steelers and Both NY teams(Jets and Giants)...All of them are out right now...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:12 am

Paddy wrote:I´d probably support Miami Heat (Shaq rocks) bvut the time zone really destroys my chances to watch any games.

You guys blew us out of the water on Friday, even without Shaq. Dwayne Wade had an all access pass to the basket all night. :(
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:48 pm

AEK Athens and Apollon Kalamarias , oh and Sheffield united.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to The Lounge