You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 am

I like basketball and NBA of course but It just does not pull me in as it did some years ago.

Back than when Bulls and Jazz were on the top was much more interesting to watch.

Now it is too commercialized for my taste. Players going to another club every few seasons and there is no love anymore. Not so many duos like back then with Stockton-Malone for instance.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Anyone watches cricket here?
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Psychaz » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:43 pm

hgb09 wrote:
Psychaz wrote:anyone one here, watch the NBA apart from Element??

Hawks fan here, what are your favourite teams people if you have one?

Glad we resigned Horford by the way he came up big against Minnesota last night

I'm also a Mavs supporter and my favorite player is Nowitzki.

nice Roddy Beaubois is my favourite player on the Mavs, hopefully he comes back from his injury soon, he's a very good player
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:20 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I like basketball and NBA of course but It just does not pull me in as it did some years ago.

Back than when Bulls and Jazz were on the top was much more interesting to watch.

Now it is too commercialized for my taste. Players going to another club every few seasons and there is no love anymore. Not so many duos like back then with Stockton-Malone for instance.

True that

no only the Players who care only about money

the Whole Organization is business based

they keep doing commericals , Charities

now some NBA Games will be played outside North America

and David Stern is now planning making a EUROPEAN DIVISION in the NBA

NBA this season even thoguh the season is yonug is waaaaaaaaay better than last season or the season before that

in the 80s and 90s and early 2000s , NBA was Sick

but the new guys since 2004 are not good enough
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 pm

I used to be a huge New Jersey Nets fan when they were good, back when they had Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter, and Jason Kidd. Now they pretty much blew their team up by trading all their good players for practically nothing. But ever since they announced they were moving to Brooklyn from New Jersey, I've hated them. Haven't really watched much basketball since.

The NBA is too soft now, they call fouls left and right, sometimes they just need to let them play.

Even though I don't really care for basketball anymore I still like the Mavericks. And my favorite players are probably John Wall and Kevin Durant.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Hawks win against Knicks =D>

JJ sucked though ](*,)

Mike D'Antoni is a clueless head coach, he just let Crawford shoot the lights out =D>
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Anyone like tennis? I'm watching Federer-Djokovic right now :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:20 am

uzi716 wrote:Anyone here watch American football?

One word....Raiders!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:23 am

Element wrote:Sebastian Vettel won the Abu Dhabi Race and is now The Formula 1 World Champion

and set the record of the youngest Formula 1 World Champion ever

Formula 1, outside of idiot big shots like Bernie Eclestone, is amazing to watch. I was stoked Vettel won the World Championship. Another great German F1 "pilot" like Michael Schumacher before him.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nur4bayern » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 am

Psychaz wrote:anyone one here, watch the NBA apart from Element??

Hawks fan here, what are your favourite teams people if you have one?

Glad we resigned Horford by the way he came up big against Minnesota last night

I'm a former Lakers fan but for me, the NBA has the greatest amount of overpayed, underachieving athletes. Add the homeboy, gangsta element and it's no wonder attendance has plumetted over the years. I'd rather watch the NFL or NHL any day.
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Psychaz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 pm

HUGE
EGO'S
ALL
TALK
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 pm

nur4bayern wrote:I'm a former Lakers fan but for me, the NBA has the greatest amount of overpayed, underachieving athletes. Add the homeboy, gangsta element and it's no wonder attendance has plumetted over the years. I'd rather watch the NFL or NHL any day

Agree with that

I mean NBA and Handball are the 2 sports that there is no huge difference between Amateurs and Professionals like football

on a good day , i can do stuff that are usually put on the NBA top 10 plays and fans dont believe their eyes when they see it , even though my jumping sucks , and i have some extra KGs on my body

also they are bad role models , many of them have Gang problems , Drugs , Alcohol , Tattoos and weapon problems
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Element wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:I'm a former Lakers fan but for me, the NBA has the greatest amount of overpayed, underachieving athletes. Add the homeboy, gangsta element and it's no wonder attendance has plumetted over the years. I'd rather watch the NFL or NHL any day

Agree with that

I mean NBA and Handball are the 2 sports that there is no huge difference between Amateurs and Professionals like football

on a good day , i can do stuff that are usually put on the NBA top 10 plays and fans dont believe their eyes when they see it , even though my jumping sucks , and i have some extra KGs on my body

also they are bad role models , many of them have Gang problems , Drugs , Alcohol , Tattoos and weapon problems

depends what players you mean, Durant , Derrick Rose, Chris Paul etc are good role models, however LeBron, Melo etc aren't, yeah sometimes the top 10 plays can be dissapointing, too many dunks, things like crossovers and tough jumpshots, fadeaway's etc are more impressive to me than someone throwing it down
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Psychaz wrote:tough jumpshots, fadeaway's

Kobe Bryant :D
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Hawks lost to Miami :(, hopefully JJ will be back to his best when he gets back

Cavs's need to gut their roster and rebuild, they aren't going anywhere with that team, just start again, they have pretty much no talent
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge