You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby floriangoetz87 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Does anyone here keep up with Formula 1?
floriangoetz87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Kinda... I don't really watch the races except one every now and then, but I do know who's winning and such. Did you see what happened to Mark Webber? It's a miracle he wasn't seriously injured...
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby floriangoetz87 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah I watched that race, amazing that he came out unscathed. Still has a chance to gain some points at Silverstone and least gain second spot in the drivers rankings.
floriangoetz87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:20 pm

floriangoetz87 wrote:New York Yankees :)

I hate baseball :)

But I like NBA. I watch some games during the regular season and I try to watch a lot of play-off games. Me favourite team were Seattle SuperSonics, so as long as they are out of the NBA I support Nowitzki (Mavs) and Lakers :D

I know that Ele is a great Lakers fans too. Incredible final match against Celtics !! :mrgreen:

And Formula 1... I used to watch every GP a few years ago, but then it became boring for me. The last World Championship that I saw was 2008 one
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shpati_L1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:29 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:And Formula 1... I used to watch every GP a few years ago, but then it became boring for me. The last World Championship that I saw was 2008 one

Same for me.
shpati_L1
2012/13 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:32 pm

When I was young I used to watch every race, even the Australian one at 5 in the morning. But not anymore. I find it boring now, not that it wasn't before. Cars following other cars for 2 hours straight. A miracle has to happen for a car to surpass another one. Only when there are crashes it gets interesting :P

On the other hand I found MotoGP is better. I don't watch it regularly but I when I do watch it once in a while something exciting always happen. There was this one race where 4 racers were battling till the last second for first place. There were almost in line and one was loosing control of his bike. He was more next to the bike then on it but amazingly gained control of it. Then there was that race where Rossi won the race from 11th place on the grid :!: For that to happen in Formula 1, all the other cars in front have to crash :P

For added bonus to MotoGP, crashes are more spectacular too :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby Element » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:56 pm

floriangoetz87 wrote:Does anyone here keep up with Formula 1?

I Used To When Schumacher was There

last Season i watched when Kimi Raikoennen won after A Hard Fight with Lewis Hamilton(it was Hamilton's 1st season)

YlonenXabi wrote:I know that Ele is a great Lakers fans too. Incredible final match against Celtics !!

Yeah , Great Defense from both teams , Kobe palyed his worst game of the Finals but his Teammates " FINALLY " Backed him up
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Artest played probably the best game of his career =D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 pm

For The NBA Fans here

Lebron james has surprisingly left Cleveland for Miami

After Boston had made their Big3 few years ago

Miami now has made what they call The ALL-Star Team

They Now have

Dwyane Wade (3rd Best Player in the NBA now)
Lebron James (2nd Best NBA player now , and one of the best to paly the game)
Chris Bosh ( A Top 3 Big man )
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby slyk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Angry fans started burning his jersey just minutes after he made the announcement and the Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert wrote an open letter to Cavaliers fans saying among other things, that “I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

Now analyst are saying his legacy is tainted by the decision, since winning a title with his home town club Cleveland would have meant much more than winning it with D wade's team Miami. They also said, that the three might not play well together; which has happened in the past in the NBA.

The NBA just got a whole lot more interesting...waiting for other team's response in the trading market........
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 am

Element wrote:For The NBA Fans here

Lebron james has surprisingly left Cleveland for Miami

After Boston had made their Big3 few years ago

Miami now has made what they call The ALL-Star Team

They Now have

Dwyane Wade (3rd Best Player in the NBA now)
Lebron James (2nd Best NBA player now , and one of the best to paly the game)
Chris Bosh ( A Top 3 Big man )

I know it's kind of funny and ironic, but I will be going to a bunch of Miami games next year as I live like half an hour from the stadium.
I went to a few games the year they won the championship and the celebration parade in Miami which was really cool, although I was one of the few white people I saw there. :D
Ever since they won, they have totally sucked!
If it was like football, they would be playing in the third league!
Last year all their players looked like thugs and criminals (no racism, it was their facial expressions and tattoos), but they got rid of the worst, Micheal Beasly (just look at a picture and you'll agree) and brought in LeBron and Bosh, so I'll actually watch a few games, unlike the last two years when I barely even knew if they still existed like the rest of Miami.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Element » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:43 am

MunchenFC wrote:t they got rid of the worst, Micheal Beasly (just look at a picture and you'll agree)

Beasley is A Great and talented Young player

but like you said , he looks A Criminal and Prisoner

He was caught once Smoking Marijuana IN The Club's hotel !!!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Element wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:t they got rid of the worst, Micheal Beasly (just look at a picture and you'll agree)

Beasley is A Great and talented Young player

but like you said , he looks A Criminal and Prisoner

He was caught once Smoking Marijuana IN The Club's hotel !!!!!

Exactly, but now that he is gone and they brought in two reasonably good and professional guys in LeBron and Bosh, I will go to some games and watch more on the TV.
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby Element » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NBA LEGEND KOBE BRYANT FROM THE LA LAKERS
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:56 pm

19 Year old Japanese MotoGP racer Shoya Tomizawa has died After a tragic accident

Weird thing is that the last one who died in MotoGP was Daijiro Kato in 2003 , also A Japanese

Tomizawa used to put the number 74 on his shoulder as a tribute to Kato

Youtube has removed every video linked to that accident

but i have managed to put it on My Website

http://eyas-radaideh.webs.com/apps/vide ... agic-death
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge