You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 am

Hehe no i don't, but there has to happen a lot before they can get back in to Super Bowl Contendership.
Ottomeister13

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Btw, anyone on the forum following Moto GP? What are your thoughts on Marquez' incredible driving skills and win streak? I think it's really impressive of him, first season WC, now he will defend his title again if he continue's his performance.. And that against the veterans in the Moto GP.. Insane.
Ottomeister13

Postby draconaut » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:02 am

Anyone here knows baseball?What happens when a catcher does not catch a pitch?Why stealing first base is not allowed??
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:40 am

draconaut wrote:Why stealing first base is not allowed?

That's what she said!

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 am

draconaut wrote:Anyone here knows baseball?What happens when a catcher does not catch a pitch?Why stealing first base is not allowed??

I'll try to explain but it might be confusing: 1). I'm assuming you mean what happens when a catcher misses the ball? If there are runners(batters) on base they may advance when the catcher doesn't catch the pitch. Otherwise, nothing really happens except for the pitch being called a "ball" by the umpire.

2). The only ways to get to first base are: by the batter getting a hit, by drawing a "walk" (four balls before three strikes), by being hit (physically) by the pitch, by making it (safely) to first base on a fielders choice (this happens when a batter hits a ball into the field of play but an out is made at another base).

Hope that helps.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:19 am

There is the third strike rule where if the catcher drops the ball the batter may try for first base
If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Robb3449 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 pm

DerKaiser wrote:There is the third strike rule where if the catcher drops the ball the batter may try for first base

Forgot about that one. :oops:

Also, I believe(the rule may have changed) that if a hitter has a three ball count, no runners are on base and the pitcher balks, the hitter is awarded first base. Very rare occurrence.

There are so many rules in baseball that often the umpires aren't sure of all of them. :P
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby draconaut » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:49 am

But if stealing first base isn't allowed isn't that kinda inconsistent with the whole it-does-not-matter-what-the pitcher-is-doing as-long-he-is-committed-to-the-pitch-you-are-free-to-run thing?If stealing first base is allowed,then the baseball is a truly defensive ball (unlike for example basketball,footbal,american football etc.) Because the batter's job is just to try to clear the baseball in such way that it is difficult for the defence to acquire their main weapon and use it,if stealing first base is not allowed ,the batter is required to hit the pitch to advance so the baseball actually has an offensive element to it.(although base on balls or getting hit by pitch can advance the batter-runner ,it is more of pitcher's "mistake")
But i guess rules are rules. :mrgreen:
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

b
Last edited by DerKaiser on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If i had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Anyhow after a brief spell on the side lines due to ligament rupture on my right ankle I'm back in business. As always I entered this local tournament only to get drawn to ... ... ... ... Italy. Out of 52 teams I had to be drawn to Italy! My last year Inter kit ended up in the dumpster.

Anyhow the team liked me on the training match and I am poised to make a starting appearance on the 5 spot. For some reason we call the 6 spot "the 5" in SA. Some of the guys were saying the entire opposing team got passed me, none of them with the ball though. :mrgreen:. Seems like I've been tackling like 2012 Hummels and passing like SAP Gustavo.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby runaway » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 am

Anyone who watches basketball here? It's FIBA World cup in Spain. USA will most likely win it. It's more popular in my country than football which we shouldn't have in truth. We're a bunch of midgets. :lol: It's a rigged sport. Height and athleticism gives the team huge advantage. US can put up a team in one day and win any tournament.

We gave Croatia a hard time though and the game went to overtime but they won eventually.

Football is more unpredictable for me.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:58 am

Only NBA.. but basketball these days is boring, compared to 10 years ago.
Ottomeister13

Postby lau03143 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:27 pm

The World Cup is getting zero coverage in Scotland.

I am a Glasgow Rocks season ticket holder.

Basketball is brilliant!!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby draconaut » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:16 am

What is the batting average in baseball again in the professional level?
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 am

Aaaaaaand the NFL has started again... God... How i love to fill in my sundays now with Football again :D
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge