You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby KAHN » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:21 am

Euroleague: Bayern Munich vs. Galatasaray 88 - 68
We are in TOP 16!!! First year in Euroleague and we are among 16 best teams in Europa! That is fantastic successes!

Group C:
Olimpijakos 10-0
Galatasaraj 6-4
Unikaha 5-5
Bajern 4-6
Sijena 3-7
Zjelona Gora 2-8

Our next opponents are: Real Madrid,Maccabi,CSKA Moscow,Galatasaray,Zalgiris,Lokomotiv and Partizan Belgrade.
I'm very happy Bayern and Partizan are in the same group. I will be in Belgrade arena for sure and maybe in Munchen. First game in Munchen is in early January and I know some guys that will be going so if I still got some money left after holidays I will be there. :D
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:08 am

Last week or the week before there was a feature on Eurosport during half time about Bayern's basketball team. The narrator said that Bayern signed some players for longer than one year and that it was unusual.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 am

MaCk0y wrote:Last week or the week before there was a feature on Eurosport during half time about Bayern's basketball team. The narrator said that Bayern signed some players for longer than one year and that it was unusual.

Sent from Neo N003

Yes, American players and some talented Europeans sign one year contracts because of the NBA. They want to be always available. This is a sign that Bayern is becoming serious club and that is paying well.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Michael Schumacher fell on his head while skiing. It seems that he is fighting for his life. :(
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Michael Schumacher fell on his head while skiing. It seems that he is fighting for his life. :(

I heard this worrying news on my car stereo at around 18,30 but now I am reading on thetimesofmalta.com that he is in danger :(
God be with him [-o<
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KAHN » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:17 am

Last news:
@former_f1doc: So this is the usual "artificial coma". It IS a induced coma, but in fact it's like a prolonged, protective, anesthetic.

I hope it will all end well. [-o<
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Badger » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm

I don't often venture into the Lounge threads, but this is an occasion with a seriously different perspective.

I held Michael Schumacher in enormous esteem throughout his racing career, and even still in his retirement. I'm saddened beyond words to hear of his skiing accident and the precarious condition his life is now in. I hope he can pull through and make a full recovery.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Schumi is probably the first sports person whose name I learned in my life. I was never a F1 fan myself, but I grew up to my father and brother (who supported Ferrari) watching all the races every weekend, sometimes even waking up very early in the morning when the races were in different timezones. The F1 games were also probably the first video games I ever played. I loved the games even though I wasn't a fan of the sport.

So although I never followed F1 much, apart from knowing who won the weekend's race and how Ferrari were doing, Schumacher is still one of my heroes. I hope it all ends well. [-o<
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Yeah, true talk. In my early childhood I've used to watch always all races, my father was also a huge fan of F1. They fcked up the thing this year when Croatian local tv stations gave up of broadcasting cuz of low quality of sound and video.

But when Schumi drived, everyone watched the 90s and 2000s and heard for him.

Not to mention how we like to say for someone who's driving wild, crazy and behave arrogant on the public streets and freeway that it thinks and drives like they're Schumacher and so they can drive as they want to. :D

I mean, 7x World Champion, a driver with most won races in the entire history of F1, in 2002 in every single match Schumi was on the one of the first three positions... A living legend!

But why this risky action on wild, forbidden ski slope to you, my dear Schumi... :roll:

I hope he'll survive. There aren't many options. He can either wake up in next few days, survive without any permanent health consequences or after longer period with a permanent mental and physical damage or never wake up again. :?

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:50 pm

FCB general wrote:Not to mention how we like to say for someone who's driving wild, crazy and behave arrogant on the public streets and freeway that it thinks and drives like they're Schumacher and so they can drive as they want to.

We say that too here. :)

As you said he is a living legend, and will hopefully be living for many years to come.

This video makes me so sad now. The fact that it makes me sad even though I never followed the sport closely says a lot: :(

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:02 pm

FCB general wrote:Not to mention how we like to say for someone who's driving wild, crazy and behave arrogant on the public streets and freeway that it thinks and drives like they're Schumacher and so they can drive as they want to. :D
Same here :)

Tbh I was a fan of Mika Hakkinen back then,not a big fan of F1 but a close friend of mine was a die hard fan of this sport and he grew up with Schumi and everytime we watched these two great pilots fighting for the 1st spot it was like a CL final every weekend,really impressive.Schumi retired and I didn't watched F1 anymore,simply a legend.

One thing about Schumi's career is that even their die hard haters -which are many- they pay absolute respect for his skills and for what he has achieved torughout his carrer and for this sport,undoubtedly Michael Schumacher skyrocket F1 popularity.

Respect to Michael Schumacher,the most succesful driver of all time at F1,no doubt,I'm hoping for a quick and full recovery for him.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 pm

All around the world everybody say it when somebody piss you in the traffic or some of us wanna play a hero and make the same thing. :D

I really liked Schumi on the racing tracks. I wouldn't say he was my favourite driver, but he was always beyond everyone, I respected him a lot and I honour Schumi for many great moments.

Many of his fans sometimes didn't want to accept the fact he was often violating the rules and got unpunished for them, when Schumi didn't want to pass other colleagues yet he blocked them during the race and everybody knows you can do it and it's permited couple of times when you're under heavy pressure to defend your position, but you can't do it more than 3-4 times because it's not a fair play and you take someones advantage.

The refs often had closed one eye when was about Schumi's driving. :)

I could speak about Schumi next 2 days and about his credits in this sport. He's simply the best ever.

Ayrton Senna was and it is for me the greatest driver ever and a good, humble man with charisma, but that tragedy stopped him to become an immortal symbol of F1.
I still don't understand how did that happen in May 1, 1994 to such driver and person, but I still remeber of some pictures and scenes from a live broadcast which I watched. I was just 4 years old, but those scenes I really remember. You only ask yourself almost in tears "Why God?" :(
Croatia and entire basketball world also lost Dražen Petrović, definitely one of the 3 greatest world basketball players ever who left this world way too early. :cry: That's life, perhaps there's always somekind of message or reminder to all people when these kind of people leave us. :|

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Found some old photos of when I went to Monza in 1998. He had won that race.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Let me guess, you're the shorter one on this right photo? :) How old were you then?

I had an opportunity to go in GP of Hungary 2 years ago, but I was stopped.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:27 pm

FCB general wrote:Let me guess, you're the shorter one on this right photo? :) How old were you then?

I had an opportunity to go in GP of Hungary 2 years ago, but I was stopped.

Yep. Just 3 and a half years old. :)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge