You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Proud of our National Rugby team =D> =D> =D>
Nice win vs Croatia. Shame it was played at the same time of the FCB match... [source]
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put text inside the source tag
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KAHN » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:52 am

Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 82 - 68 Unicaja Malaga
Now Bayern is second in group and has 3 wins and 1 defeat. We have great chances to progress in Top 16. :)
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby lau03143 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Proud of our National Rugby team =D> =D> =D>
Nice win vs Croatia. Shame it was played at the same time of the FCB match... [source]

I watched Scotland Rugby beat Japan yesterday instead of watching Bayern. I felt bad about it lol!

KAHN wrote:Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 82 - 68 Unicaja Malaga
Now Bayern is second in group and has 3 wins and 1 defeat. We have great chances to progress in Top 16. :)

I watched the game on Friday. Really dominant performance. Took a 12 point lead very early in the first quarter. And we comfortably kept that the rest of the match.

Auf gehts Bayern, auf gehts!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 pm

My view of the Glasgow Rocks game against Worcester Wolves. The got beat 77-92 unfortunately.

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby KAHN » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Euroleague: Galatasaray Istanbul 84 - 74 Bayern Munich
Robb3449 favorite Troutman was our best player with 15 points and 8 rebounds( 4 ofen.) but he had some mistakes in defense. Unfortunately our first center Bryant is having some problems with injury but it was not a surprise defeat.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby KAHN » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:37 am

Euroleague: Bayern Munich 71 - 78 Stelmet Zielona Gora
Very unexpected and rough defeat. Zielona Gora is by far the worst team in the group :sick:
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Chalant » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:19 am

I have been following the basketball team's progress too. Amazing, what football monies can do in a short time.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby KAHN » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 am

Euroleague: Montepaschi Siena 71 - 62 FC Bayern Munich :?
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:20 am

Bring in Sammer!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby KAHN » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 am

Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 103 - 105 Olympiacos Piraeus.

Group C
Olympiacos Piraeus 8 0
Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul 5 3
Unicaja Malaga 3 5
FC Bayern Munich 3 5
Montepaschi Siena 3 5
Stelmet Zielona Gora 2 6

Top 4 teams are advancing to the Top 16 phase. There are two rounds left to play.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Robb3449 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 pm

KAHN wrote:Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 103 - 105 Olympiacos Piraeus.

Group C
Olympiacos Piraeus 8 0
Unicaja Malaga 3 5
FC Bayern Munich 3 5
Montepaschi Siena 3 5
Stelmet Zielona Gora 2 6

Top 4 teams are advancing to the Top 16 phase. There are two rounds left to play.

Well, at least they still control their own "destiny."
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Achilles » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Basket Bayern,has made some really huge steps,I'd say leaps.Being so much competitive against a team such as Olympiacos(fan here) is truly great.
We can compare Bayern & Olympiacos dynamic if we reverse the prestige that these two clubs have in football,Bayern is a dwarf and Olympiacos a giant in basketball of course.
Pesic is without a doubt a world class coach,does an extremely good job and I hope Bayern will tie him at Minuch many years,at basketball is very very imporant to have a coach who KNOWS what basketball means in any way,Pesic is one of them,he could be a huge signing if Olympiacos,Panathinaikos or Barca had his as a head coach,just to imagine how much I rate him and every basketball fan should.

The basic problem with Bayern is that they don't have a core of decent German basketball players,Germany doesn't have good players and Bayern needs some,it's hard for a team to make a core from foreign players one team made it in Euroleague(Maccabi with Parker,McDonald)
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:44 am

Achilles wrote:Basket Bayern,has made some really huge steps,I'd say leaps.Being so much competitive against a team such as Olympiacos(fan here) is truly great.
We can compare Bayern & Olympiacos dynamic if we reverse the prestige that these two clubs have in football,Bayern is a dwarf and Olympiacos a giant in basketball of course.
Pesic is without a doubt a world class coach,does an extremely good job and I hope Bayern will tie him at Minuch many years,at basketball is very very imporant to have a coach who KNOWS what basketball means in any way,Pesic is one of them,he could be a huge signing if Olympiacos,Panathinaikos or Barca had his as a head coach,just to imagine how much I rate him and every basketball fan should.

The basic problem with Bayern is that they don't have a core of decent German basketball players,Germany doesn't have good players and Bayern needs some,it's hard for a team to make a core from foreign players one team made it in Euroleague(Maccabi with Parker,McDonald)

You are right. Not having home grown players is a problem. But I think crucial component for success in European basketball is a coach. Euroleague will always be behind NBA so it is hard to keep quality players for a long time no meter the money you have. Best examples are Panathinaikos with Obradovic, Maccabi with Pini Gershon or Partizan with Vujosevic. Also every huge success for Olympiacos is connected with Ivkovic. They can make a good nucleus of players, add recognizable philosophy and style of play for the club. So minor changes in squad wont affect results.
And I am sure Pesic will stay for a long time. His only desire was to go home after so many years working abroad. And he did that in Red Star. So now he is back in Germany ( the place of his greatest successes) and Bayern is a great project that can have a great payoff in a long run. Great final challenge for him. Also his son is a had of sport operations in Bayern.
Big plus for Bayern basketball is money that comes from football. Because prise money that Euroleague is giving is very small, also money from marketing and TV rights is laughable compare to football. So having regular financial injection from FC will always make Bayern a big club in European basketball. Road for success in basketball is not so long and hard if you have money and good coaching staff. So I believe Bayern will have a great future in European basketball.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 pm

And I am sure Pesic will stay for a long time. His only desire was to go home after so many years working abroad. And he did that in Red Star. So now he is back in Germany ( the place of his greatest successes) and Bayern is a great project that can have a great payoff in a long run. Great final challenge for him. Also his son is a had of sport operations in Bayern.
Big plus for Bayern basketball is money that comes from football. Because prise money that Euroleague is giving is very small, also money from marketing and TV rights is laughable compare to football. So having regular financial injection from FC will always make Bayern a big club in European basketball. Road for success in basketball is not so long and hard if you have money and good coaching staff. So I believe Bayern will have a great future in European basketball.
I fully agree,one more plus for a basketball team -having a great coach- is the scouting,it doesn't matter which age,if you find the system and you can take the 100% percent of him,you can make him world class,you can buy a star player but if this player doesn't fit it might look like garbage.For example,Olympiacos buyed Kyle Hines from Bamberg,a player that I didn't know at all,a pocket Center,it turned to be world class,Maj Lojeski this year,Belgian MVP,28 years old,for such a class team,at the first sight sounds like a laughable signing,it turned to be class player too,these were some examples,every year you can find 10 examples like these.Conclusion is that Bayern has a very good scouting and with the financial boost from the FC it's a good chance in the coming years(5-6) they can make at F4 at least once.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Euroleague: Unicaja Malaga 77 - 72 FC Bayern Munich

Group C
Olympiacos Piraeus 9 0
Unicaja Malaga 4 5
FC Bayern Munich 3 6
Montepaschi Siena 3 6
Stelmet Zielona Gora 2 6

Tomorrow Galata and Zielona Gora are playing. We still have a chance.
In the last round games: Montepaschi vs Unicaja and Bayern vs Galatasaray will decide who will go true.
Also Cibona lost Zizic (he was not paid regularly), and there is speculation that Bayern could get him. He didn't play in Euroleague so I think he could play immediately against Galatasaray. He is SF/PF and the best player of Cibona.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge