You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby KAHN » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:21 am

I follow EuroBasket. So far we are not watching quality basketball, but it is very tense and interesting. It is a shame so many players are missing the tournament.
Yes, Finland & Italy are big surprises. I don't think Finland has quality to continue wining but Italy can make it to 1/4 final. Now is were serious competition starts so I think this is the end for Finland, Ukraine and Belgium. We will see a great fight in group F and it is impossible to say who will go to 1/4 there. :D
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:45 am

I haven't followed for years but... Raikkonen to Ferrari.

This is the tweet in question: :lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Chalant » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:23 pm

KAHN wrote:I follow EuroBasket. So far we are not watching quality basketball, but it is very tense and interesting. It is a shame so many players are missing the tournament.
Yes, Finland & Italy are big surprises. I don't think Finland has quality to continue wining but Italy can make it to 1/4 final. Now is were serious competition starts so I think this is the end for Finland, Ukraine and Belgium. We will see a great fight in group F and it is impossible to say who will go to 1/4 there. :D

Our Basketball team qualified for the euroleague for the first time.Hope we thrash barca there again.(highly unlikely)
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby KAHN » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 am

Chalant wrote:
KAHN wrote:I follow EuroBasket. So far we are not watching quality basketball, but it is very tense and interesting. It is a shame so many players are missing the tournament.

Our Basketball team qualified for the euroleague for the first time.Hope we thrash barca there again.(highly unlikely)

And your team is?
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Chalant » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:46 am

By our team I meant Bayern Munich.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Achilles » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 am

Really great champs and quality players are missing,big blows in terms of quality are missing from Spain(Pau,Ibaka,Navarro)
Jasikevicius from Lithuania and Kalathes(EuroCup champ,MVP),Koufos(NBA) from Greece etc
Did you watch Greece vs Spain? It was really a world class game,so much tense,so much clutch shots,great defense from us and passion which really missed this passionate defense(a trademark for Greek basketball) in this tournament.

I see Slovenia as a dark horse in this EuroBasket and Italy going all the way(just like FYROM at the previous Euro) if Bellineli keeps this fantastic form.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Robb3449 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:36 pm

I haven't been following EuroBasket but, I know Kosta Koufas very well. His family lives about 5 houses down from my parents. He used to play basketball with me and the neighborhood kids,and get beaten badly, until he got to high school and we wanted to stop getting embarrassed. He's a nice kid and after a few years has really started to establish himself as a quality NBA center.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Die teufelshunde Bär » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I Can't stand basketball, so boring.

I grew up playing Rugby and have continued over the last 22+ years, other than that i'm a big hockey fan. Also growing up in/on the water i'm into sailing quite a bit, especially these AC72 catamarans that are being used... €15+ million dollars and they go 48+ knots while completely foiling out of the water!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Die teufelshunde Bär
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby KAHN » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:41 am

Achilles wrote:Really great champs and quality players are missing,big blows in terms of quality are missing from Spain(Pau,Ibaka,Navarro)
Jasikevicius from Lithuania and Kalathes(EuroCup champ,MVP),Koufos(NBA) from Greece etc
Did you watch Greece vs Spain? It was really a world class game,so much tense,so much clutch shots,great defense from us and passion which really missed this passionate defense(a trademark for Greek basketball) in this tournament.

I see Slovenia as a dark horse in this EuroBasket and Italy going all the way(just like FYROM at the previous Euro) if Bellineli keeps this fantastic form.

I am not sure about Italy. They are very weak in the paint. They are essentially playing with 4 shooters and a center. They are attractive to watch but I am not sure they can win against a serious team. And they need to win there last game. But if they go true to 1/4 everything is possible.
My favorites are France and Slovenia. I really hope Spain wont win this time. They are missing important players but some good and experienced players are still there so...
Greece like Serbia is always playing organized basketball and great defense no meter the quality of the team they are having. Those two are my dark horses. It may sound goofy given that they are among most successful NT in history of basketball but now they are having a lot of missing players (especially Serbia) and Greece is on the brink of elimination. So they are surely not among favorites.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Die teufelshunde Bär » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Winner take all for the Rugby Championship between South Africa & New Zealand tomorrow.

If you like real Rugby watch this test match!
Die teufelshunde Bär
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:17 am

We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby KAHN » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:50 am

News from Bayern basketball team: We made a dream debut in Euroleague, leading from start to finish and downing Stelmet Zielona Gora 73-94 in Poland. If there is interest in basketball on this forum maybe we could make a separate topic for longer discussions?
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby lau03143 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I like basketball!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby KAHN » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:03 am

Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 89 - 79 Montepaschi Siena.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:53 am

KAHN wrote:Euroleague: FC Bayern Munich 89 - 79 Montepaschi Siena.

I learned this news this morning, very happy for FCB basketball team :D
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge