You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby KAHN » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:52 am

"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCB general » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 am

Dallas and DIrkules have won. =D> =D> =D> =D> Nowitski MVP and now it's offically that the best european basketball player of all time is Dirk Nowitski. Simply, THE LEGEND!!! Great job from Dallas. =D>

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Element » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 am

Congrats DIRK , Kidd and Co .. you Deserved it

and +2 Karma for Kahn for this hilarious image
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:41 am

Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby KAHN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:49 am

Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby FCB general » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Why didn’t LeBron James go to college? Because he didn’t want to show up for finals.

I just got the new Lebron phone. It only vibrates, no rings.

Tomorrow is Lebron James day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early

I asked Lebron if he had change for a dollar. He gave me 75 cents, because he didn't have a 4th quarter.

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby CroCHEF » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:41 pm

FCBayern basketball team get wildcard for eurocup =D> next season
http://www.fcb-basketball.de/index.php
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:07 pm

They also got Ben Hansbrough, who used to be a starter and key-player for the university of Notre Dame, averaging around 18 points. But surprisingly enough, he wasn't drafted. In the German League, he can be a MVP-candidate.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby KAHN » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 am

If anyone wants to learn more about Ben:

Strengths: Hansbrough possesses good size for a PG at 6’3 203, with a solid frame … Shows a very good ability to embrace the roles he’s given as a player, and it’s the skill he shows the most … Embraced his role as a spot-up shooter at Mississippi State and was very effective; but he also embraced his role as a floor general and shot creator for Notre Dame, and reaped the benefits with a breakout Sr. season … Plays very smart basketball and makes limited mistakes with the ball in his hands … Is an outstanding shooter, with his feet set and on the move … Shot very efficient over his career from 3-point range, in the Big East and the SEC…Started playing PG later than most other prospects at his position, but he shows more playmaking instincts than your typical combo guard … Is effective in the pick and roll, both as a passer and as a shooter … Is steady ball-handler … Improvised very well when the Notre Dame offense broke down, and shows some creativity off the dribble at times … Was effective as a finisher at the rim, converting over half of his 2-point field goal attempts in his last 3 collegiate seasons … Understands how to use the rim and backboard to shield the ball from shot-blockers...Has a highly praised work ethic, and solid bloodlines with his brother, Tyler, being a lottery pick in 2009 and a productive player…Shows great competitiveness and leadership skills

Weaknesses: There are legit concerns about how Hansbrough will translate his outstanding college production to the NBA with his lack of athleticism … Will struggle to beat guys off the dribble in the NBA much more than he did in college, as his quickness and athleticism are simply below average … Wasn’t a very good defender at Notre Dame, and struggled badly when he faced quick slashers … Lost effectiveness whenever he faced an athletic team or defender … Although he’s more of a playmaker than most other combo guards, he’s not a pure PG by any stretch or a traditional playmaker … Will likely spend a good bit of his time off the ball against pro defenders, to stretch the floor … Him handling the ball against pro teams would make the offense easier to defend, since he isn’t much of a slashing threat to break down the defense … Does not look good running the fast break … Lacks the length to be a factor getting steals

Overall: Hansbrough late-blooming PG skills and shooting skills will get him looks, but his lack of athleticism and defensive ability, as his untraditional PG skills really give him a tough road to the NBA.
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Element » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Houston Rockets Center Yao Ming announced his Retirement
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Currently there is the Snooker World Cup and there is a 2 v 2 game. Never knew about that!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Normann Stadler

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Two time Hawaiian Ironman winner Norman Stadler underwent heart surgery at 38 and apparently is recovering well. Before you quit your 10 hour Ironman training thinking this might be caused by such hardships, the explanation given by his doctor might be enlightening: "Such a condition can occur for example through a heart valve infection. The others may result from a protracted flu."

I followed Stadler during the 2004 & 2005 Ford Ironmans in Hawaii (he won in 04 & 06) when he did a game changer on the competition. The guy rocketed on the bike leg only to come back to the marathon & do a breather. He was so far ahead of the Australian following he was joking & smiling with two miles to go. It was later known the dude had trained with the German Cycling champion, sharing times in the wind tunnel.

In 2005 the guy lost so much time after a second flat tire he threw his bike through the cliff in frustration and quit. I still remember thinking that bike he threw was probably more expensive than my Fabia but what the hell? He was getting another one most probably. Dude comes back in 2006 and cements his strategy that a fast bike leg dictates the winner. So much so that for that competition he set a Ironman Hawaii record for the bike leg, a record he still holds today.

In 2007, despite being favorite to win the title, he quit after a virus infection that made him vomit everything he had taken half way through the competition.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby rigoberto » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 pm

i watched tour de france it is a great sport i didnt think cycling could be fun to watc but it was
rigoberto
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 pm

The Plane of Russian Ice Hockey team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl has crashed

only 2 from the 45 passengers Survived

26 bodies have been found so far

among the deaths is 25-year old German National Hockey player Robert Dietrich

Only one player from the entire team survived , Alexander Galimov

he is now in hospital with Burns covering 80% of his body
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Damn that is sad :(
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge