You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby Psychaz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:29 pm

i'm almost feel sorry for Cleveland, but not really, their fans were real bitches when LeBron was there
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:08 am

BLAKE GRIFFIN

47 POINTS 14 REBOUNDS 19-24 SHOOTING

wow dude is turning people into clipper fans, seen alot of people rocking his jersey around, ive just ordered his jersey as well haha
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

Psychaz wrote:BLAKE GRIFFIN

47 POINTS 14 REBOUNDS 19-24 SHOOTING

wow dude is turning people into clipper fans, seen alot of people rocking his jersey around, ive just ordered his jersey as well haha

Seen that yesterday , and WENT LIKE WHAT THE ****

47 is probably the highest scored this season if i remember correctly (Millsap scored 46 , K.Martin scored 45)

but respect for Granger and Darren Collison from Indiana , Granger scored 32 and Collison scored 30 points yet they lost vs Clippers

Also Both Boris Diaw from Bobcats and Derrick Rose from Chicago had Triple Doubles

Amare Stoudemire also scored 41 points

AND LMAO at The guys who say that Anthony is Better Than Kobe
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby slyk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm

I think it was Carmelo himself that said he was better than Kobe

I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star game. I know he dunks a lot but i haven't seen anything eye catching from him; just power dunks. It should be interesting to see what he comes up with.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:45 pm

slyk wrote:I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star gam

Yes , and i even watched him signing the confirmation and he even was surprised

the 4 players

Blake Griffin
Javale McGee
Serge Ibaka
Brandon Jennings

\Iguodala and JR Smith should have been there
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Element wrote:
slyk wrote:I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star gam

Yes , and i even watched him signing the confirmation and he even was surprised

the 4 players

Blake Griffin
Javale McGee
Serge Ibaka
Brandon Jennings

\Iguodala and JR Smith should have been there

Brandon jennings is a sleeper IMO, he will suprise some people, used to have some sick dunks in high school
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm

What a boring slam dunk contest. Jennings isn't really even a dunker. Griffin will win easy, the only real threat is Mcgee. Too bad Lebron doesn't want to do it. My dream would be:

Griffin
Lebron
Smith
Howard

That would be amazing but Lebron will never do it, players do it at the start of their careers, with as many seasons gone and so many games played there's a bigger risk of an injury during practices for the contest.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 pm

slyk wrote:I think it was Carmelo himself that said he was better than Kobe

I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star game. I know he dunks a lot but i haven't seen anything eye catching from him; just power dunks. It should be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Ok, they might be all power dunks but not eye catching? Really? Dunking over big guys, crazy ally- ops? And a crazy 360 lay up. Daaaamn. You can't really do any fancy tricks during a game if you're PF.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Paddy wrote:Well yes, he had Pippen and Rodman but was always the man. Every superstar needs a good team But kobe unlike Jordan isn't always the man in his own team, last year it was Gasol and Artest who won them the series against the Celtics. And he was Shaq's second man in Shaq's prime. So he's far away from Jordan.

And all that Kobe has over Lebron is his jumper ( but Lebron got very good at it over the last 2 years) and experience. Lebron is a better rebounder, passer, blocker, is better at going to the rim and is even doing better at the 3 pt line. They are both overall great defenders but Lebron is more consistent.

Well yeah , Kobe was not the man during the Shaq-Kobe time , but he was no less than Shaq

Take Kobe out of taht team , and Lakers would have not won a single title of those 3

Kobe and LeBron

Both Have Different styles , you cant Compare Them Directly

LeBron James is the most All Round Player in the NBA , he can do it all

While Kobe Bryant is a Specialized player (Scoring , Leading the team , And Probably the best all time during crunch-time)

LeBron gives more assists and passes more , and is more involved in a play

While Kobe Bryant is mostly the last station of a play , and also his passes are usually more beautiful than LeBrons

LeBron is better than Kobe in Blocking and Rebounding
Kobe Bryant is better in locking down and guarding a player
both are tied in Steals

to Defend LeBron , you have to put a physically strong defender who also has some speed (Battier and artest)
To Defend Kobe , you need a guy who has long arms , and a guy who can close down the area in front of the face of Kobe Bryant to stop his shots (Tayshaun Prince 2004 showed us that)

LeBron James relies on his body and athleticism
Kobe Bryant Relies on his Pure Basketball skills (His Fadeaways and his pass to himself using the backboards are LEGENDARY)

What I like ABout Kobe and still gives him the edge of LeBron is his Morale , Mentality and Killer instinct

LeBron Can make a team win , But Kobe can Give a win to a losing team

Kobe Bryant in the 4th Quarter , and at the last seconds of the game is the best all-time , just amazing .

last season he had MAAAAAAAAAANY Buzzer beaters and game winners

Kobe Recently is not scoring much because he is not allowed to Shoot more than 20 shots , Lakers only lost 2 times when Kobe attempted less than 20 Field goals

Also something is said that All at the beginning laughed at me about then turned out to be right

Lebron with cleveland last season was sick , but he totally tired himself in the Regular season , played many minutes , and was active during those minutes , so when he reached the play-offs , he was totally ****ed up

on the other hand , Kobe did not play as much as LeBron , and Surely was not that active during the minutes he played , so he was frsh for the finals , and performed great in all series especially vs Utah

i said that to some guys and told them that the Lakers are going to win the title and Cleveland wont reach the finals , even before the play offs started , they laughed at me , but i was right , FOR 2 Seasons

But Durant better than LeBron like some guys say .......LMAO
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Lebron > Kobe. And no, Kobe was nowhere near Shaq in Lakers era. Sure Shaq couldn't win it alone but he was the most dominant player in the league then ( arguably ever) and would win 3 ore more championships with plenty of scorers like Carter, Iverson, T-Mac or with players like Kidd, Nash etc. Kobe wouldn't win it with any other player because at the time Shaq was the best in the league and if you gave him a second scoring option he was unstoppable.

Btw, while Kobe had to take those buzzers beaters, Lebron didn't need to since he was winning earlier in the game.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby uzi716 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Blake Griffin has a really aggressive playing style, if he knows whats smart he would tone it down or he could mess his knees up again.

Comparing Kobe and Lebron isn't really fair, Kobe is a more finesse swingman while Lebron is a muscle Small Forward. They just aren't the same type of players so I don't think its fair to compare them.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PROKHOROV SAYS NO

Postby Psychaz » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:59 am

NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets have pulled out of the Melo Drama.

Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov delivered the bombshell to the media on Wednesday night as he made his opening statement after traveling to the United States for what he thought would be a chance to finish the deal to bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets from the Denver Nuggets.
"I'm not happy with the way ... this deal has gone until now," Prokhorov said. "It has taken too long. It has been played out in public and it certainly has taken a toll on the players and I believe that it has cost us several games. I think management did a great job, but there comes a time when the price is simply too expensive. I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal."

The decision to pull out of the talks was made Tuesday, said Prokhorov, who displayed a discernable level of frustration at the collapse of the deal the Nets had been working on for three months.

"It's my decision," said Prokhorov, who said the Nets were given permission to speak with Anthony but never got a "straightforward answer" on the specifics of that meeting.

Prokhorov said he never heard from Anthony.

"Maybe he sent me an e-mail, but I don't have a computer," Prokhorov said. "Maybe the carrier pigeon got lost."

Previously, New Jersey had offered to ship six players and at least two first-round draft picks to Denver in a deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets along with former Pistons teammates Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton.

Derrick Favors, the 19-year-old rookie who was rumored to be the centerpiece in the multiple-player deal, was shocked upon hearing the news in the locker room before the game.

"I don't have to worry about it no more," Favors said. "It's over with. This is my first time hearing it. I'm excited."

Asked if there was a tipping point in the withdrawal, Prokhorov would not be specific.

"It is my feeling of strategy, that is enough," Prokhorov said.

Nets general manager Billy King said: "We discussed it and this is what he came up with, this was his idea."

good choice Nets were getting played
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:40 pm

So who is watching the Super Bowl tonight?
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:32 pm

me, not supporting either team tbh, would prefer a steelers win but meh

argh, Aaron Rodgers beasting
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

The Nuggets and Lakers have had preliminary trade talks centered around a deal of Carmelo Anthony for Andrew Bynum, according to sources.

Denver has no interest in Ron Artest and has faint interest in Lamar Odom, according to sources.

A straight-up trade of Bynum for Anthony would work in terms of salary, but other pieces would likely be included.

Talks are in their infancy and Denver remains engaged with the Knicks and Wolves on a three-way deal.

The Lakers, speaking to the Los Angeles Times, refuted the report.

"What's out there is inaccurate," said a Lakers representative familiar with the negotiations.
============
He said inaccurate not wrong
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge