Psychaz wrote:BLAKE GRIFFIN
47 POINTS 14 REBOUNDS 19-24 SHOOTING
wow dude is turning people into clipper fans, seen alot of people rocking his jersey around, ive just ordered his jersey as well haha
slyk wrote:I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star gam
Element wrote:slyk wrote:I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star gam
Yes , and i even watched him signing the confirmation and he even was surprised
the 4 players
\Iguodala and JR Smith should have been there
slyk wrote:I think it was Carmelo himself that said he was better than Kobe
I was just talking about this Griffin dude with a friend. I heard he entered the dunk contest for the all star game. I know he dunks a lot but i haven't seen anything eye catching from him; just power dunks. It should be interesting to see what he comes up with.
Paddy wrote:Well yes, he had Pippen and Rodman but was always the man. Every superstar needs a good team But kobe unlike Jordan isn't always the man in his own team, last year it was Gasol and Artest who won them the series against the Celtics. And he was Shaq's second man in Shaq's prime. So he's far away from Jordan.
And all that Kobe has over Lebron is his jumper ( but Lebron got very good at it over the last 2 years) and experience. Lebron is a better rebounder, passer, blocker, is better at going to the rim and is even doing better at the 3 pt line. They are both overall great defenders but Lebron is more consistent.
NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets have pulled out of the Melo Drama.
Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov delivered the bombshell to the media on Wednesday night as he made his opening statement after traveling to the United States for what he thought would be a chance to finish the deal to bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets from the Denver Nuggets.
"I'm not happy with the way ... this deal has gone until now," Prokhorov said. "It has taken too long. It has been played out in public and it certainly has taken a toll on the players and I believe that it has cost us several games. I think management did a great job, but there comes a time when the price is simply too expensive. I'm instructing our team to walk away from the deal."
The decision to pull out of the talks was made Tuesday, said Prokhorov, who displayed a discernable level of frustration at the collapse of the deal the Nets had been working on for three months.
"It's my decision," said Prokhorov, who said the Nets were given permission to speak with Anthony but never got a "straightforward answer" on the specifics of that meeting.
Prokhorov said he never heard from Anthony.
"Maybe he sent me an e-mail, but I don't have a computer," Prokhorov said. "Maybe the carrier pigeon got lost."
Previously, New Jersey had offered to ship six players and at least two first-round draft picks to Denver in a deal that would have sent Anthony to the Nets along with former Pistons teammates Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton.
Derrick Favors, the 19-year-old rookie who was rumored to be the centerpiece in the multiple-player deal, was shocked upon hearing the news in the locker room before the game.
"I don't have to worry about it no more," Favors said. "It's over with. This is my first time hearing it. I'm excited."
Asked if there was a tipping point in the withdrawal, Prokhorov would not be specific.
"It is my feeling of strategy, that is enough," Prokhorov said.
Nets general manager Billy King said: "We discussed it and this is what he came up with, this was his idea."
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests