You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby appudds » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:06 am

Any cricket fan out here? :roll:
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Psychaz wrote:Melo looks like he's off to New Jersey, i didn't really want him to go to NY, if he goes to NJ he gets to be the man.

Heard that it is gonig to be a deal that

1-will involve 3 teams (Detroit , Denver and Nets)

2-15 Players will change their teams ( Carmelo , Devin Harris , Billups , Rip Hamilton , Al Harrington among others)

If Carmelo goes to Nets ,it will be really stupid

He wants to leave Denver to go to a team that actually has chance to win , and Nets is 100% Not one of those teams
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Psychaz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Element wrote:
Psychaz wrote:Melo looks like he's off to New Jersey, i didn't really want him to go to NY, if he goes to NJ he gets to be the man.

Heard that it is gonig to be a deal that

1-will involve 3 teams (Detroit , Denver and Nets)

2-15 Players will change their teams ( Carmelo , Devin Harris , Billups , Rip Hamilton , Al Harrington among others)

If Carmelo goes to Nets ,it will be really stupid

He wants to leave Denver to go to a team that actually has chance to win , and Nets is 100% Not one of those teams

BUT, they were have expirings for the big 2012 free agency and Chris Paul has the same agent as Melo so i guess he would team up with Melo in Brooklyn, i don't think its strictly a basketball move for the nets, they have to get someone to head their franchise when they move to franchise so they can compete with the knicks and they know this badly. its a business move

Also i don't think melo would even fit the knicks and the way they play, he's a ball stopper in the flow of an offense who wouldn't fit with Stoudemire
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Psychaz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:03 pm

appudds wrote:Any cricket fan out here? :roll:

watch some i'll support england if their playing
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby appudds » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Psychaz wrote:watch some i'll support england if their playing

Thank god atleast one guy replied
THis should be more often called "Basketball" Thread more
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

appudds wrote:Thank god atleast one guy replied
THis should be more often called "Basketball" Thread more

Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the world

while Cricket ranks 4253445748665434345

only people watching it are the players , Coaches , Former players , Former Coaches ,Indians and some English
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Melo to the Nets =D>

I was a huge Nets fan as a kid. I stopped following them in 2004 after they announced their Brooklyn move but I still keep up with their news.

Melo would be huge but I think we are drastically overpaying for him.

Hopefully it works out because we are giving up a lot of picks too.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 am

Denver have stalled it again, they aren't gonna get a better offer, makes me supicious that when they are on the verge of trading him they stall, happened in the one before the season started as well
I think Denver knows something that other teams don't, maybe that Melo won't sign with NJ, but they enter discussions anyway to make it look like they have some leverage against the knicks, idk just thinking, its strange why they would back out of a very good deal for them.

Melo is due to meet Denver management right soon, they gonna try and persuade to sign in Denver again and if he says no Melo is stuck, big time because he can't just opt out now and sign in NY and he cannot just to say to them to call NJ to tell them to get another top player i'll sign there

just my two cents
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 am

The Nuggets are in a predicament. They want to ship Melo out and get what they can for him so they don't end up like Cleveland and Lebron. Melo only wants to go to the Knicks and he can do that if he holds out till July 1 and signs there. The Nets will only take Melo if he signs a new deal.

Basically the Nuggets are trying to force him into going to New Jersey because then they get some value in return instead of watching him leave for nothing.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:28 am

uzi716 wrote:The Nuggets are in a predicament. They want to ship Melo out and get what they can for him so they don't end up like Cleveland and Lebron. Melo only wants to go to the Knicks and he can do that if he holds out till July 1 and signs there. The Nets will only take Melo if he signs a new deal.

Basically the Nuggets are trying to force him into going to New Jersey because then they get some value in return instead of watching him leave for nothing.

why keep stopping the trades though?

is Melo stopping them or(this is outside of the box)or are denver waiting for the nets to loose some more games until their pick gets better???

Melo wants to be a Knick, but do the knicks want him?? knicks need a defensive center and back up pg more than melo.

Denver are gonna get less and less the longer they wait to trade him, the nets should just say we'll give you Favors + Murphy's expiring and our pick take it or leave it

Denver wants to get rid of him but its less and less likely he's gonna sign in Jersey with the amount they are asking from Jersey, Denver are **** basically
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 am

Knicks don't have the appropriate assets to make the Nuggets trade him, the Nets do.

Right now the only thing stalling the deal is Denver getting cold feet and the uncertainty of if the Nets are willing to take Al Harrington too.
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 am

uzi716 wrote:Knicks don't have the appropriate assets to make the Nuggets trade him, the Nets do.

Right now the only thing stalling the deal is Denver getting cold feet and the uncertainty of if the Nets are willing to take Al Harrington too.

yes but the more the nuggets dump on the nets the less likely Melo is gonna sign there, they must realise this, no one wants an unextended Melo
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Also Denver are waiting , because they also want to get rid of Al Harrington

Carmelo is smart in doing that

He wants to win the title , and Simply Nets cant Provide that

Garnett left for the ring , and got it

While Iverson left for ring , and had to pay his Career for that mistake because he picked the wrong team

Even though if the current trade occurs , their team will be SUPER

C Brook Lopez
PF Kris Humphries
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Rip Hamilton
PF Chauncey Billups

But They Simply Lack the Winners Gene

The Current Trade Rumor says
==========================================

New Jersey receives

Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Shelden Williams
Anthony Carter
Richard Hamilton

Denver receives:

2 first round picks from New Jersey
Devin Harris
Derrick Favors
Quinton Ross
Anthony Morrow
Stephen Graham
Ben Uzoh

Detroit receives:

Troy Murphy (his 12 million expiring contract)
Johan Petro

==========

But There are 3 problems

1-Billups is From Denver , and his agent said that Billups does not want to leave
2-Denver Wants to include Al Harrington in that deal
3-Carmelo wants to play for the Knicks
=======================
About the Carmelo to Lakers thing

i changed my mind , even though it is good for the future when kobe retires and Gasol is about to retire

Anthony and Bynum would be a great duo

However , we will lose our Big men dominance , Bynum ,Gasol and Odom of the bench can together grab 40 Rebounds a Game , and 6 blocks , and with the recent kobe bryant , thees numbers can increase

What I really hate is that sometimes , the teammates of kobe are cowards , and afraid to shoot

and this is what has to change , and for that we need a PG ( Fisher is done , and Blake SUCKS)

this is why i want Mo Williams , He is a good scorer and can give the Sweet pass

And also what made me sick is trading Vujacic (Expiring Contract) and a FIRST PICK 2011 , for Joe Smith !!

We could have kept vujacic , then signed him for much cheaper

and the first Pick of 2011 , we could have used it to sign a Good player (Probably a European like Elias Harris ,Rob Benzing or Pablo Aguilar)
===============
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 pm

if the trade goes though, NJ won't be any where near elite, they will be above average at best, RIP hamilton is washed up, Billups declining, why the hell would Carmelo sign with that roster, he won't and denver know it but they aren't gonna say that
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Psychaz wrote:hy the hell would Carmelo sign with that roster, he won't and denver know it but they aren't gonna say that

Thank you

If you are going to leave your place , then leave it be a winner

If Carmelo Anthony goes to NJN , it will be like this situation

A Guy has A TV but no money , and he really wants to have a PS3

so he sells his TV and Buys the PS3 , but then he wont have a TV to play with PS3 !!!!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge