You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby yoanna » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 am

apart from football (Juve, Bayern, Man U -- order being not accidental), i do follow tennis... not as much as i used to, but still...
which reminds me, aussie open started today, yay! :D
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:29 pm

I'm glad someone brought up tennis. I like Nadal and Roddick, but I don't follow women's so much, but I'd probably support Sharapova if she was playing. I guess in football: I don't 'support' anyone other than Bayern but I do have soft spots for Man United, Aston Villa and Barcelona. I like Chelsea only because of Mourinho (I think I'm the only pro-Mourinho person around. He's just so wacky). But I don't get upset if they lose like I would with Bayern.

Also like Athletics, mainly track, but swimming and jumping is fun to watch. In track, I was so SHOCKED when Gatlin was banned. I was against it, even if the drug allegations were true, but the Gatlin/Powell rivalry would've been so great. England have ok runners but I haven't a clue how we got the gold medal in 4x100m in Athens... I'm a Jeremy Wariner fan otherwise ^^ I hope someone else here likes track? otherwise I'm just babbling :P
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 pm

Mirage wrote:I'm glad someone brought up tennis. I like Nadal and Roddick, but I don't follow women's so much, but I'd probably support Sharapova if she was playing. I guess in football: I don't 'support' anyone other than Bayern but I do have soft spots for Man United, Aston Villa and Barcelona. I like Chelsea only because of Mourinho (I think I'm the only pro-Mourinho person around. He's just so wacky). But I don't get upset if they lose like I would with Bayern.

Also like Athletics, mainly track, but swimming and jumping is fun to watch. In track, I was so SHOCKED when Gatlin was banned. I was against it, even if the drug allegations were true, but the Gatlin/Powell rivalry would've been so great. England have ok runners but I haven't a clue how we got the gold medal in 4x100m in Athens... I'm a Jeremy Wariner fan otherwise ^^ I hope someone else here likes track? otherwise I'm just babbling :P

You like Mourinho too? Haha, he´s great. I love him cause he is not afraid to speak his mind.
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:11 pm

Mirage wrote:I'm glad someone brought up tennis. I like Nadal and Roddick, but I don't follow women's so much, but I'd probably support Sharapova if she was playing. I guess in football: I don't 'support' anyone other than Bayern but I do have soft spots for Man United, Aston Villa and Barcelona. I like Chelsea only because of Mourinho (I think I'm the only pro-Mourinho person around. He's just so wacky). But I don't get upset if they lose like I would with Bayern.

mourinho's not happy at chelsea, so they say. personally, can't stand him.

i do believe men's tennis is so much better than women's. it's faster, more exciting, engaging and has more twists to it. i like safin, and hewitt, he's such a fighter and federer, but still miss ivanisevic, he was something else, love him. :D
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:12 am

Mirage wrote:I'm glad someone brought up tennis. I like Nadal and Roddick,

ever heard Marcos Baghdatis ? :D :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:28 am

Schweini_rules wrote:

I stopped watching Tennis when my dearest STEFFI retired ;). I don't think there is much quality these days anyway, barring Federer.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Green » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Apart from Bayern, it would be Arsenal. :)
Green
Getting the hang of it

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Green wrote:Apart from Bayern, it would be Arsenal. :)

You´d get along with my mate who is a big Arsenal fan. Yeah IK like Arsenal for not having a team full of starts and relying more on younger players, when the likes of Chelsea are damaging football with all their money.
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Well, I'm not a tennis fan but I love to play it. I don't care for golf but I adore Tiger Woods.

I would have to say, and I think I'm probably the only person on the board who follows it, is I like figure skating.

As for other football teams, I like Chelsea. I do like Barcelona (saw them play when I lived in Spain) but I'm getting tired of hearing about them. :lol:
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Green » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:41 pm

Paddy wrote:You´d get along with my mate who is a big Arsenal fan. Yeah IK like Arsenal for not having a team full of starts and relying more on younger players, when the likes of Chelsea are damaging football with all their money.

Thats one of the smallest reasons why I like Arsenal :)
If I could only Advice Magath to watch some Arsenal matches. :roll:
Green
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
FC Bajern wrote:P.S. we need some more emoticons here, I need to express myself more :mrgreen: . :? <--- and this means worried not confused, confused should be with some question marks above his head

I'll try to add more... I just hope people won't overuse them though.

Added more emoticons as requested =D>
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:09 pm

MUTU wrote:Added more emoticons as requested =D>

yey, now that's what I'm talking about. WA WA WEE WA :D
FC Bajern

Postby podolski4life » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:57 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:

Yep, but only when he almost beat Agassi. I miss Agassi now that he's retired.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby yoanna » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:52 pm

miss him too. :(
considering the 'contemporary' players, i love watching federer play. he's way ahead of others.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:53 pm

yoanna wrote:miss him too. :(
considering the 'contemporary' players, i love watching federer play. he's way ahead of others.

From the current bunch, I like Safin too....
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge