You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby Element » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:47 pm

Orlando Magic Have Done A Total Rebuild to their team (like Bayern should do to their Defense)

Orlando Magic
Out: Rashard Lewis, Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, 2011 1st-Round-Pick
In: Gilbert Arenas, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Earl Clark

Phoenix Suns
Out: Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Earl Clark
In: Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, 1st-Round-Pick

Washington Wizards
Out: Gilbert Arenas
In: Rashard Lewis
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby KAHN » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 am

I think everybody got what they asked for especially Phoenix. They for years can't obtain a good canter (with Lopez, an average player and Frye that play more on outside then in the paint) and now they get Gortat which is a classic five and that will mean much to them. They also get Pietrus, he is very good shooter but also can play excellent defense and they need that. Carter is already 33 and the situation with him is that they have nothing to lose (a contract for next season only 4mil) and can benefit greatly if he start to play the way he knows. Orlando finally freed the worst contract in the last decade (Lewis about 20mil per season) and get the Hido who was the best in Orlando where he worked as a creative person, a player who needs the ball in his hands and with Nash in Phoenix it could not work. With J Rich they added another one for the artillery and I think he will be nice fit into their style of play. I am most astonished by the fact that they traded Gortat, now they have to play Bass as a 5 when Howard gets tired and he never did that before so there will be problems. However, I think that this is not the latest Trade Orlando will do this season because they have too many shooting guards, I'm almost sure that for some of them they will bring a center or at least a high wing. Gilbert is a big risk but if he play well the risk could pay off very well. Orlando are filing the burning under their feet, because Howard has a contract until 2012 and they have to become competitive for the title if they don't want to lose him. Washington on the other side is looking forward, they don't need Lewis ... They are chasing free agents in 2012 when his contract expires (CP3 and Howard will be available). They have a Wall and they will build the team around him the next ten years and Gilbert did not fit in this, so they moved him and still get the opportunity to compete for a good free agent when his contract expires and free up space in the salary cap. A good trade for all parties IMO but Orlando will have to do a few more moves to be able to enter the fight with Boston and the Lakers under the basket, but I think they didn't do this just like that and are not stupid,they already have everything planned out in advance.
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby slyk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:06 am

KAHN wrote: Gilbert is a big risk but if he play well the risk could pay off very well

Has Gilbert Arenas played against Shaq this season? I don't think he has, which should be an interesting game when Orlando and Boston meet again.........
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Psychaz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:08 am

J-Rich is an expiring also, wonder if they use him for another trade or extend him???, Arenas is a gamble for them but he sounded real happy in his interview, heard he bought his own tickets and flew down to Orlando straight after he heard the news, hope he gets back to old the Agent Zero he used to be one of fav players. Still cannot believe they managed to trade Rashard Lewis, how the hell did they pull that one off :lol:, dude has been wack as hell since he got busted for steroid use in 2009
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Gilbert Arenas for Rashard Lewis is a Bargain

The Lakers should have Offered Odom ,2nd Round pick and Steve Blake for Arenas
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 pm

Who's watching Mavs - Heat tonight ? Should be a top ball game.

To KAHN above - not meaning any harm, but try some paragraphs in there. Makes your post a lot more readable.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Psychaz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 pm

nah watching my team the Hawks vs Magic, hopefully we can pull off the win because we were **** against the Nets, we lost to the damn Nets, my god

EDIT: now Crawford is out ffs man
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby KAHN » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:55 am

MrLinky wrote:Who's watching Mavs - Heat tonight ? Should be a top ball game.

To KAHN above - not meaning any harm, but try some paragraphs in there. Makes your post a lot more readable.

I always accept good criticism! :D
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Dallas won in A Close Game vs Miami

cant Wait to see Lakers vs Miami in a few days

Kobe Bryant vs LeBron-Wade :twisted:

Imagine if Kobe Breaks Chamberlain's 100 Points Number Against them

LeBron will 100% Retire , am sure of that
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Hawks beat the magic also :D

Nets reportedly trying to put together another big attempt for Melo, gonna go on all the all the way to the trade deadline i think, Melo wants his money he will sign the extension somewhere, he won't want to miss out on $$$ because of the new collective bargaining agreement.
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Psychaz wrote:Hawks beat the magic also :D

Nets reportedly trying to put together another big attempt for Melo, gonna go on all the all the way to the trade deadline i think, Melo wants his money he will sign the extension somewhere, he won't want to miss out on $$$ because of the new collective bargaining agreement.

He said he wont sign in New Jersey, being a Nets follower (not a fan anymore) I say we keep our 5 first round picks and build around Derrick Favors. Acquiring Melo is obviously Prokhorov's move.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Carmelo should go To Knicks

@Psychaz : Time to change your signature
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Element wrote:Carmelo should go To Knicks

Carmelo can't go to the Knicks. They don't have enough assets to trade for him.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Element wrote:Carmelo should go To Knicks

switched it up
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Psychaz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 pm

uzi716 wrote:
Psychaz wrote:Hawks beat the magic also :D

He said he wont sign in New Jersey, being a Nets follower (not a fan anymore) I say we keep our 5 first round picks and build around Derrick Favors. Acquiring Melo is obviously Prokhorov's move.

he wants him as the centerpiece of your move to Brooklyn, but i agree with you about Favors, he's gonna be a star IMO, needs more minutes, has huge upside
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge