You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby MrLinky » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Dirk Nowitzki, the best shooting big-man of all time. By that, I specifically mean jump shooting. Who agrees or disagrees with that ? He's about to pass Larry Bird on the all time NBA scoring list. Only needs another around 140 points to take 25th place.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Big man, probably, but IMO best shooter of all time is Ray Allen
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:03 am

MrLinky wrote:Dirk Nowitzki, the best shooting big-man of all time. By that, I specifically mean jump shooting. Who agrees or disagrees with that ? He's about to pass Larry Bird on the all time NBA scoring list. Only needs another around 140 points to take 25th place.

I think he is the best shooting big-man of all time. His height helps a lot. But he has a pure shoot. Bird and Kukoc were also pure shooters. There were more great big man shooters but none as good as Dirk. I remember that Sabonis had a fantastic shot and a specific one with one hand. It is a great pity that because of injuries he did not provide even 50% of what he could. The same is with Big Zi,Yao or Oden. Leg injuries are very common for such a large people. And another fascinating thing about Dirk, he is still despite old age in fantastic physical shape and great playing form. =D>
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MrLinky » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 pm

It's a shame such an all-time great doesn't have a NBA ring yet. They came close against the Heat in 2006, but threw away a 2-0 lead in the finals. He was at the top of his game back then, including a 50-point game against the Suns in game 5 of the Western-Conference finals. He was completely lights out in that one, scored from everywhere. Probably one of the best Playoff performances in NBA history. I admire him, not just because of what he does out on the court.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm

He has steady hand ...one more that I really loved for his nice shots was Tim Duncan...his shots from half distance [in of the table] were really nice.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:45 pm

MrLinky wrote:It's a shame such an all-time great doesn't have a NBA ring yet. They came close against the Heat in 2006, but threw away a 2-0 lead in the finals. He was at the top of his game back then, including a 50-point game against the Suns in game 5 of the Western-Conference finals. He was completely lights out in that one, scored from everywhere. Probably one of the best Playoff performances in NBA history. I admire him, not just because of what he does out on the court.

Nowitzki is one of the best PFs all time , and one of the best Non-Americans to play in the nBA

and also the best Shooter all time amongst the Big men

and he is german :D

However , Pau Gasol is now Real Competition for him as the Best European PF , After all Gasol has 2 Rings and is showing some good ball now
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby slyk » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 am

Dirk Nowitzki is a player i hate to love, mostly because how he punishes San Antonio when these rivals meet. Everytime i see him going for a shot, i just count it as 2 points and hope he doesn't get a foul too. Really is a great player.....
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby uzi716 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:05 am

Dirk deserves a championship more than anyone, I feel his chances have become slim from a few years ago when the NBA was more balanced. Dallas wont be able to compete with the Lakers.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Psychaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Dallas need to try and swing a trade for Melo, they need more scoring from their wings, Dirk shoulders the entire load for them, he basically carries them

PS: Hawks win, J-Smoove(Josh Smith) with another good game, been our best player this season IMO, Horford a close second, dissapointed that Jordan Crawford isn't getting any burn though, he has good potential
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Psychaz wrote:Dallas need to try and swing a trade for Melo, they need more scoring from their wings, Dirk shoulders the entire load for them, he basically carries them

Carmelo wants to leave Denver for a better team

Carmelo and Dirkules (Dirk Nowitzki) together would be lovely

Dallas Get Carmelo Anthony and Kenyon Martin

Denver Get Jason Terry , Caron Butler and Shawn Marin

Dallas Improve And get a 16 million Expiring Contract in Kenyon Martin , Who will extend for much less if he does , giving more cap salary space

Denver Gets 3 Top players , get rid of Kenyon Martins Huge Contract and injury , and save 6 millions

Teams After Trade (Starters/Subs)

Dallas

C Tyson Chandler/Haywood
PF Dirk Nowitzki/Kenyon Martin
SF Carmelo Anthony/D.Stevenson
SG R.Beaubois/D.Jones
PG Jason Kidd /JJ Barea

A SCARY TEAM

Denver

C Nene/C.Andersen
PF A.Harrington/R.Balkman
SF Caron Butler/Shawn Marion
SG JR Smith/ Jason Terry
PG C.Billups/Ty Lawson

Also A Top team

But both are not enough to Be Kobe & the Lakers

because the last season is all over again

All the teams tire themselves and the Stars also destroy themselves in the regular season (LeBron james in the last 2 years) and when the play offs start , they are totally destroyed

While kobe plays relaxed in the Regular Season , playing less than 35 minutes in most games , missing a lot of shots , and not tiring himself

then in the play-offs , he explodes , plays great while the opponent is too tired to do anything , so the LA Lakers wins the title
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:49 pm

one team that could beat the Lakers and Celtics IMO if they swung a deal for Melo would be the magic, Melo would get sooo many open looks because teams would have to double team Dwight
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Carmelo has a New York State Of Mind

Postby Psychaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony has told the Denver Nuggets he will not sign the nearly $65 million contract extension he has been offered unless he is traded to the New York Knicks, a source told ESPN.com on Sunday.

The source, using the most definitive language possible, confirmed what has been widely speculated around the NBA over the past two months as Anthony has been at the center of trade talks involving numerous teams.

Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that.

-- Carmelo Anthony
And while other franchises might be able to make better offers, Anthony will not agree to sign anywhere long-term unless he is dealt to New York, according to the source, who has been privy to private discussions between Anthony, his representatives and the Nuggets organization.

The source spoke to ESPN.com after Denver's 129-125 loss to New York on Sunday afternoon as the Knicks won their eighth straight game.

Anthony was again coy in discussing his future, but he did move the needle somewhat in making a prediction that the Nuggets will not trade him to a destination that is not on his wish list.

"I don't think so. I don't think that will happen," Anthony said.

Asked why he would make such a definitive statement, Anthony demurred "I don't want to answer that. I don't want to talk about that."

Anthony received a standing ovation from Knicks fans during player introductions after hearing their pleadings on the streets ever since the Nuggets arrived in Manhattan late Friday night.

"Everybody's yelling out the windows: 'Melo we need you in New York.' Of course that feels good when you know someone out there wants you to come and represent their team and represent their city. That's what I took from that," Anthony said.

The New Jersey Nets have been holding out hope that their offer of Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy and two No. 1 draft picks would be the best offer available to the Nuggets, but the news that Anthony will not agree to sign with them long-term effectively knocks them out of the bidding.
Last edited by Psychaz on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 am

Element, Denver wants young players for Melo not Marion, Butler, and Terry.

I could see a team like the Nets leading the race for Melo. The Knicks while more attractive for Melo just don't have enough for what Denver is asking. The Nets can offer Favors, 1st round this year (probably a lottery pick), + more. But Melo doesn't want to go to the Nets (which sucks because I was a huge fan and I hate watching them suck).

I am willing to bet Melo gets traded before New Year's.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:33 pm

uzi716 wrote:Element, Denver wants young players for Melo not Marion, Butler, and Terry.

but those 3 Are top , and would help them immediately , and would cover Carmelo's Absence and in fact make them way stronger (just look at the line up after the trade Damn it )

about Carmelo and the Knicks , Carmelo wanted to go there earlier

New york wanted to make a Super duo , but Wade and James went to the Heat

so they only managed to get Stoudemire , and they hope to get Carmelo to have their super duo

question is , what can NYK offer Denver

Azubuike , Gallinari ,W.Chandler and Eddy Curry (to make out the Salary Difference) for Carmelo Anthony

NYK gets Anthony

Denver gets 3 young players , and a 11-mio expiring contract
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 pm

NYK have a lot of leverage, NY the only place Melo wants, he could just chill and sign with NY for free in the offseason. NYK should let this play out to the deadline, so when Denver are scared to lose him for nothing they have to take what NY offers them. They won't get Chandler and Gallinari IMO, they will get one with Curry to make up the salary difference with anthony randolph, or the Knicks might just do Randolph and Curry. They could also trade Randolph for a pick and give him one of Chandler and Gallinari and a pick with the salary filler Eddy Curry.
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge