You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The "Other Sports" Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The "Other Sports" Thread

Postby uzi716 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Psychaz wrote:Hawks lost to Miami :(, hopefully JJ will be back to his best when he gets back

Cavs's need to gut their roster and rebuild, they aren't going anywhere with that team, just start again, they have pretty much no talent

I agree, they should keep and rebuild around young guys like JJ Hickson. He has some potential but it is still really raw.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Psychaz wrote:Cavs's need to gut their roster and rebuild, they aren't going anywhere with that team, just start again, they have pretty much no talent

THEIR TEAM is full of dark skinned players with no Basketball skills but with Inhuman Jumps and athleticism except Varejao and Mo Williams
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:27 pm

This Kobe Bryant move yesterday vs the wizards shows the difference between him and any player that played in the last 15 years
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 pm

kobe is a top 5 player of all time IMO, Jordan the best obviously
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Psychaz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 pm

uzi716 wrote:
Psychaz wrote:Hawks lost to Miami :(, hopefully JJ will be back to his best when he gets back

Cavs's need to gut their roster and rebuild, they aren't going anywhere with that team, just start again, they have pretty much no talent

I agree, they should keep and rebuild around young guys like JJ Hickson. He has some potential but it is still really raw.

Hickson is talented but he is as lazy as hell man, he could be a legit straight up baller if he wanted to but its like he don't care to improve
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Psychaz wrote:kobe is a top 5 player of all time IMO, Jordan the best obviously

Jordan is not the Best in my opinion

My Top 6 goes

1-Wilt Chamberlain
2-Michael Jordan
3-Magic Johnson
4-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5-Kobe Bryant
6-Larry Bird
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 pm

mine goes:

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Kobe
Bird
Magic

i'm saying Jordan because he dominated the league for so long, guy was dropping 30 points a game when he was 35
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby uzi716 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Its tied between Kareem and Jordan but I have to go with Jordan because he was more dynamic

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Magic
5. Kobe
6. Larry

There are a few more but I can't think of any names right now
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:30 am

IMO:
Jordan
Magic
DR J
Chamberlain
Iverson
Bird
Frazier
Robertson
Kareem
Olajuwon

Kobe is so overrated. Someone like say Penny Hardaway if he had like Kobe spent entire career in Lakers with the support of the whole NBA organization and the media would have a similar if not better career then Kobe. Becouse of sh.. like that It became frustrating to watch the NBA now days. :(
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 am

As a lifelong Lakers fan and having seen games at both the Fabulous Forum, which is now home to a religious group, and Staples Center, I'm happy to see so many Lakers mentioned in your favorites. Still, only a few old school guys were mentioned. What about Jerry West? Do you guys know HE is the image on the NBA insignia/logo?

Anyway, for me, the best of all time are:

Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
WIlt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Bill Russell
Julius Irving
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Jerry West
Oscar Robertson
Karl Malone
Shaquille O'Neil

Pretty cool that so many of the best players were Lakers and I saw all of them play and win championships. For those who remember the "voice of the Lakers", Chick Hearn, who passed away in 2002, my season seats were on the other side of the aisle from his and we used to "shoot the shit" after games since I'd hang out after games to watch Chick interview the star of the game. He was really a great man, I miss him and all of his goofey sayings.

It's kinda weird in L.A. with sports announcers, Chick was the voice of the Lakers from 1965-2002, Vin Scully has been the voice of the Dodgers (baseball) since 1950 and Bob Miller has been the voice of the Kings (ice hockey) since 1973.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Element » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 pm

KAHN wrote:Kobe is so overrated. Someone like say Penny Hardaway if he had like Kobe spent entire career in Lakers with the support of the whole NBA organization and the media would have a similar if not better career then Kobe. Becouse of sh.. like that It became frustrating to watch the NBA now days.

Kobe and overrated , those words dont fit together

that guy simply plays Basketball in a way that no one else has ever done

His Fade aways are super sick and even have longer range that Jordan's ones

his scoring and footwork and leading are legendary

81 points vs Toronto !!!
12 3pts in one game

and the list goes on
KAHN wrote:DR J
Iverson

Frazier
Robertson
Olajuwon

Dr.J has the longest hangtime ever

His dunking was sick , and his lay ups were SHOWTIME thanks to his 41 inch vertical leap and his hang time

His Famous Rock the baby dunk on Michael cooper was Amazing

Iverson had the best crossovers the only one close to him in that was Tim Hardaway , but Kobe being overrated and Iverson a legend is just ignorant

Kobe's way better than Allen Iverson

Frazier was Great but nowhere close to the guys mentioned

Oscar robertson , enough to say that he is only player to average a triple double in a season , and leads the NBA all-time in triple-double

Olajuwon was Great , his Dream shake is my favorite Big man move , and he was dominating and great , also did a quadruple double (actually he did 2 but one was removed), But Kareem , Wilt , Shaq are Better than him
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:17 am

Iverson was good but he was a bigtime chucker, he'd shoot 20 shots to score 25
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby KAHN » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:22 am

Psychaz wrote:Iverson was good but he was a bigtime chucker, he'd shoot 20 shots to score 25

He needed 13 to 14 shots in the year with Detroit / Denver for ~ 18ppg. In comparison, Kobe needs 21-22 shots for 27 points and Kevin Martin, who we all agree is amazingly efficient, needed 15 shots for 20 ppg last year.
And he is 183cm/75kg. :roll:
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby KAHN » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 am

Element wrote:
KAHN wrote:Kobe is so overrated. Someone like say Penny Hardaway if he had like Kobe spent entire career in Lakers with the support of the whole NBA organization and the media would have a similar if not better career then Kobe. Becouse of sh.. like that It became frustrating to watch the NBA now days.

Kobe and overrated , those words dont fit together

that guy simply plays Basketball in a way that no one else has ever done

His Fade aways are super sick and even have longer range that Jordan's ones

his scoring and footwork and leading are legendary

81 points vs Toronto !!!
12 3pts in one game

and the list goes on
KAHN wrote:DR J
Iverson

Frazier
Robertson
Olajuwon

Dr.J has the longest hangtime ever

His dunking was sick , and his lay ups were SHOWTIME thanks to his 41 inch vertical leap and his hang time

His Famous Rock the baby dunk on Michael cooper was Amazing

Iverson had the best crossovers the only one close to him in that was Tim Hardaway , but Kobe being overrated and Iverson a legend is just ignorant

Kobe's way better than Allen Iverson

Frazier was Great but nowhere close to the guys mentioned

Oscar robertson , enough to say that he is only player to average a triple double in a season , and leads the NBA all-time in triple-double

Olajuwon was Great , his Dream shake is my favorite Big man move , and he was dominating and great , also did a quadruple double (actually he did 2 but one was removed), But Kareem , Wilt , Shaq are Better than him

He,he,he... To comment basketball you have to play it, watch it and understand it. And not to just copy a text from Wikipedia. You never watch even one Frazier game so how can you tell me how good is he :?:
For me it is amazing that the media are making super star and legend out of the rapist of womens and balls like Kobe and marginalized by all means someone like Iverson who's only sin is that has missed one practice!
Here is my critics of Kobe:
1. First three rings weren't his (they're Shaq's)
2. Had those Off Court problems (Rapist )
3. Wanted Lakers to trade him - other Laker Greats never did that
4. Unlike other Laker Greats Kobe is known to be someone who prefers to NEGATIVELY criticize his team mates rather than to provide positive constructive criticism
5. He's nothing without Pau Gasol
6. He's nothing without Phil Jackson
7. Unlike Magic (The Greatest Laker Ever), Kobe only knows how to pass to one place - the rim
8. Greatest ball hog ever!!!!!!!!
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Element » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Hey dude , I play Basketball and also watch it

Kobe is not a rapist , he was not proven guilty

I can accuse you with murder then you prove that you are not guilty and case closed , this does not make you a murderer

Kobe Bryant also made Shaq Great , and he made Gasol A Recognized player

Kobe wanted to get Traded but he eventually stayed

Ribery wanted to go but eventually stayed !!!!!

only thing you said right is that I have not Watched Frazier enough

but Kobe and bad [-X [-X
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge