You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The other Question

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

The other Question

Postby tflags » Sat May 14, 2011 12:24 pm

With Neuer coming in to our team, FCB shall now have at least two of its prominent players raising the 'Other Question.' Gays in service. Both folks have publicly come out to say that Gay football players should be open about their sexual tendencies, although neither one admitted being gay.

Do you think being open about your homosexuality would hurt the team or your career or should it be an open issue without any consequences.

Personally, I am a Bill Clinton kind of guy. If I don't ask you if you are gay, it is because I don't want you to tell me!!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: The other Question

Postby quaazi » Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 pm

For all I care they can all be as gay as they want as long as I see them lift the champions league trophy next May.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat May 14, 2011 1:17 pm

While there is nothing wrong with them being gay (which is why they said that they believe that gay footballers should come out and show the world who they really are), I do not think that they should admit it if they are. The media can be cruel.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu May 19, 2011 11:48 am

This link was posted (or referred to) on Lahm's thread but I thought I re-post it here. It helps upset the tendency of players for Gays coming out.

FCB's captain recently suggested against players coming out of the closet. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... fb3b01.691

I really thought the question would spark more debate here but apparently it is no longer as important as it used to be some years ago... Either the world is more open now to gays that it once was or people simply don't care any longer...
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Lahm pretty much said what I said in my post above
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mazen96 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Don't ask . Don't tell.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby badbader88 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:31 pm

To be honest, when i read the title of the Lahm interview on goal.com i freaked out. Thought he might be declaring his homosexuality. I'm against gay people in general and would not like to see gay footballers (or any gay people really). With that said, my love for Bayern is forever with or without homosexuals!
badbader88
Getting the hang of it

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 am

badbader88 wrote:To be honest, when i read the title of the Lahm interview on goal.com i freaked out. Thought he might be declaring his homosexuality. I'm against gay people in general and would not like to see gay footballers (or any gay people really). With that said, my love for Bayern is forever with or without homosexuals!

To his his own but let me just ask is this due to religious association or individual ignorance?

I mean religious association I can let by (even though i am atheist), it is each individuals choice on what religion to follow etc...but individual ignorance just makes you come off as a hick. :?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby TeamSpirit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:54 am

I do not care if a football player is gay or not. Can't see why it matters to some. As to coming out, it is a personal choice. Advising isn't really relevant here, which brings me to the next quote.

tflags wrote:This link was posted (or referred to) on Lahm's thread but I thought I re-post it here. It helps upset the tendency of players for Gays coming out.
FCB's captain recently suggested against players coming out of the closet. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... fb3b01.691

It made me so angry when I read the title of this article some time ago. It is an absolutely sensationalist title, and that really bothered me and still does, but that's another topic. Nowhere in the interview does Lahm say that players should not come out. He simply states that it might be difficult due to the media, due to some fans' opinions, etc., which is the truth.

Whether somebody should come out, it's his/her personal choice. If s/he can deal with, I hate to say this, consequences and is strong enough, props to him/her.

FCBayernMunchen wrote:While there is nothing wrong with them being gay (which is why they said that they believe that gay footballers should come out and show the world who they really are), I do not think that they should admit it if they are. The media can be cruel.

I completely agree with the part in bold. If I may add, people, as in fans, can be very cruel, too.

PS.: and with all my respect, it seems Mario and Manu are not quite sure what they are talking about.
"Wer behauptet, dass er die Kapitänsbinde nicht gerne haben will, der lügt. Jeder will doch gern Anführer einer starken Mannschaft sein." ~ Philipp Lahm

TeamSpirit
Getting the hang of it

Postby Conquistador » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 am

Lahm is not gay. But if I had to choose a player in the German NT and Bayern it would be Gomez...
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:07 am

Conquistador wrote:But if I had to choose a player in the German NT and Bayern it would be Gomez...

Gomez?! Looks like a pretty weird choice. I'd go with Badstuber :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 pm

MUTU wrote:
Conquistador wrote:But if I had to choose a player in the German NT and Bayern it would be Gomez...

Gomez?! Looks like a pretty weird choice. I'd go with Badstuber :mrgreen:

... Neuer ... (sorry...)
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby shileno » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 pm

I always thought Gomez was gay

Personally, I don't care if you're gay or not. You still are a Bayern player. The bad thing is that most of the people don't think like that, and that could be difficult for the relation of the player with the whole team, even the coach. Now that I think, didn't this gay thing started after or before Badstuber got in bad form? :?
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby quaazi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Holger is the other option, yes. He's not as fashionable as Gomez though, and I need to apply stereotypes everywhere!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby TeamSpirit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 pm

There are a lot of people who have a good taste in fashion, or in other words, people who choose their clothes well. That does not make them gay.
"Wer behauptet, dass er die Kapitänsbinde nicht gerne haben will, der lügt. Jeder will doch gern Anführer einer starken Mannschaft sein." ~ Philipp Lahm

TeamSpirit
Getting the hang of it

Next

Return to The Lounge