You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

The other Question

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: The other Question

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm

BayernLove wrote:we've (probably) had jews at one point or another, and many more.

During WW2 Bayern was known as the Jewish club.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby lau03143 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:36 pm

BayernLove wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Who cares really?

lau03143 wrote:some of their Bayern teammates find it hard to deal with them because of that

This is clearly not true. They are not the players who clash with others often. As long as this problem is not there, nothing else should matter.

I don't think Bayern players are ones to have an issue with homosexuality, even IF any of this is true. Bayern are one of the most open clubs out there. We have blacks, Muslims, we've (probably) had jews at one point or another, and many more.

On a separate note, I don't get the whole notion that "football is a manly sport, not for gays", I don't get it. Yes, I do have one person I know that is (may be) gay, and he does go with the stereotype of homosexuals being rather feminine, but not all of them, and especially not in football, where I don't think homosexuality has anything to do with on-pitch performance.

List of openly gay footballers:
Richarlyson (Brazil): He's a DM, a tough motherf*cker, he was turned down a move to Palmeiras because of being a homosexual, what's up with that?

David Testo (Canada): having been released by Montreal Impact the previous month, affirmed he was gay in an interview on with the French Canadian division of Radio Canada that was published on November 10, 2011.

Justin Fashanu (England): Older brother of John Fashanu, first professional footballer to come out as gay. English football has the most discrimination against this kind of thing. Read more about it, it's a long story. He didn't have a good time after coming out.

Olivier Rouyer (France): Came out after retiring from coaching and playing.

Yoann Lemaire (France): Amateur side FC Chooz refused to register Yoann Lemaire, who had been with the club for 14 years, due to him being gay as they claimed it might lead to "trouble" with his teammates.

Marcus Urban (Germany): Came out to his team mates at Rot-Weiss Erfurt in a move that immediately ended his professional career. He did not come out to the wider public until ten years later.

The list goes on...

Why do these people get so much hate? Why do you care where a man puts his dick? I just don't get it. It's the same with some people out there, why should you care if a man sticks his dick in another man? Seriously...

I found this a while back on the Guardian (UK Newspaper) on the Jewish past of Bayern.

Bayern Munich embrace anti-Nazi history after 80 years of silence Players and officials defied Nazi regime with small acts of personal courage in the 1930s.

Bayern Munich have around 12 million fans in Germany, a number that is dwarfed only by those who dislike the club with equal passion. And Bayern would not have it any other way. They activelyplay on a heightened sense of Bavarian-ness, on a confidence that verges on arrogance and describe themselves as "a family" to create an "us and them" dynamic. "We cultivate this polarisation," Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, theCEO, says. "Partly because it means that we have constantmedia exposure." Thisaggressivemarketing – and continued success on the pitch, with the Champions League final against Chelsea on Saturday – has made Bayern a blue-chip brand, representing West Germany's golden, Franz Beckenbauer-led era of the 70s and the promise of the current generation. But there is also a very different side to "FC Hollywood", a part of the Bayern story that is stillunknown to most supporters and that has also only been recently embraced by the club after nearly 80 years of awkward silence. Bayern were founded in the bohemian quarter of Schwabing, and were very much a Jewish club before the second world war, with a Jewish president and a Jewish manager. As a consequence, Bayern were targeted by the Nazis but players and officials continued to defy the regime with small acts of personal courage. "All those things were forgotten in the post-war years," said Dietrich Schulze-Marmeling, the author of 2011's award-winning Der FC Bayern und seine Juden (FC Bayern and their Jews). "Bayern's success in the 60s and 70s submerged the past, and West German society on the whole only started to look back at the Holocaust in earnest in 1979, in any case." On the club's founding charter from 1900, two out of 17 signatories were Jewish. Oneof them, the Dortmund-born artist Benno Elkan, would later emigrate to London and become a prominent sculptor: on commission from Westminster,hebuilt theseven-branched Candelabra(Menorah) that stands outside the Israeli parliamentin Jerusalem. From 1911, Bayern were led by Kurt Landauer, the son of a wealthy Jewish businessman, and the team were coached by a succession of Jewish coaches, including the AustroHungarian Richard "Little" Dombi, who went on to manage Barcelona and Feyenoord. Landauer's commitment and Dombi's knowhow secured a first German championship for Bayern in 1932. Landauer had to resign, along with a number of other Jewish members and officials, when Hitler seized power a few months later and fled to Switzerland after 33 days in the Dachau concentration camp. Bayern were discredited as a Judenklub by the Nazisbut resisted itscooptation. In 1934,Bayern players were involved in a brawl with Nazi brownshirts. Two years later, the Bayern winger WillySimetsreitermadea point of having his picture taken with Jesse Owens, who enraged Hitler by winning four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics. The full-back Sigmund Haringer narrowly escaped prison for calling a Nazi flag parade a "kids' theatre", and the captain, Conny Heidkamp, and his wifehid Bayern'ssilverware when other clubs heeded an appeal from Reichsmarschall Herman Göring to donate metal for the war effort. The most symbolic act of defiance occurred in Zurich in 1943. After a friendly against the Swiss national team, the Bayern players lined up to wave at the exiled Landauer in the stands. Landauer returned to Munich after the war and once again became Bayern president until 1951. But his legacy becamelost. Club publications simply mentioned that he had to leave Germany "on political-racial grounds". "The word 'Jew' was assiduously avoided," said Schulze-Marmeling. At the turn of the century, a wave of academic books and newspaper articles renewed interest in the Landauer era but the Bayern leadership were unsure as to how they should react. Bayern's general manager, Uli Hoeness, fobbed off an inquisitive reporter by saying he "wasn't alive at the time", and vice-president Fritz Scherer later admitted that the club did not want to emphasize its Jewish roots for fear of "negative reactions". "We don't want to provoke something," Scherer said. Schulze-Marmeling suspects that commercial interests in Asia may also have been the reason why Bayern sought to play down their Jewish heritage. The club's attitude has changed markedlyin recent years, however. The club's Ultras have celebrated Landauer and Rummenigge has acknowledged him as "the father of the modern FC Bayern". The club also donated part of the money that enabled the Jewish amateur club TSV Maccabi Munich to build a pitch bearing Landauer's name in 2010. The ground was inaugurated with a friendly against Bayern's "All-Star-Team". The Landauer years will takeprideof placein the Erlebniswelt museum the club are opening in the Allianz Arenathissummer."I'vebeenin the club for many years but had little idea about all these amazing stories," said Hans-Peter Renner, the museum's content director. "It's been profoundly moving to learn about all these people and the things they did for the club."

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/12/bayern-munich-anti-nazi-history
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MoFattal » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:43 am

Well, the fact that this topic is being discussed on a continuous basis means that it is still some way from being publicly accepted. That said, I don't see any of the TOP footballers of being gay for one reason: I've read many articles about the subject, and it looks like being a gay footballer comes with so much pressure and tension, the kind of which would negatively affect your performances on the pitch. I don't know if you agree, but that's how I see it (understood it from my readings, to be more frank).

On a personal note, I share this view:

tflags wrote:Personally, I am a Bill Clinton kind of guy. If I don't ask you if you are gay, it is because I don't want you to tell me!!

The players' personal lives are their own business, but with the subject being still widely open to debate, I don't think one should risk it and left to handle with the highly probable negatives consequences.

Well, maybe Kroos had already came out with that hair of his (stereotyping here...).
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:56 pm

lau03143 wrote:There is a Russian Journalist (if I can call him that), that's claiming on twitter that a number of Bayern players are gay.

Hearing that Neuer, Kroos, Lahm and Mario Gomez are gay and some of their Bayern teammates find it hard to deal with them because of that. -- Artur Petrosyan (@arturpetrosyan)

He also said that's the reason Alex Ferguson never signed Neuer, but has since removed that tweet.

Hahaha what an idiot. Mario Gomez actually urged gay footballers to come out. It would be quite ironic if it turned out he was gay himself. Anyway, I think most of us here agree that if any Bayern player is gay, it has to be Badstuber :twisted:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I think it's Ribery, he is compensating the most.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby quaazi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

MUTU wrote:Anyway, I think most of us here agree that if any Bayern player is gay, it has to be Badstuber :twisted:

Wishful thinking, eh?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Robb3449 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I personally don't have a problem with gay players. In saying that, I really don't care if a player is gay or not. That's their personal life and business. I wouldn't go as far to say that a player, who is gay, shouldn't openly "come out" but, with the today's culture of mass media and social networking the "said" player would be in for intense scrutiny from the press. It's also something that would create a huge distraction for the team.

If, for a hypothetical example, Gomez really is gay and continues having 40+ goal seasons and Bayern are winning BL, CL, and Pokal trophies will most people really care that much? In the end Al Davis said it best: "Just Win Baby!"
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby quaazi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Robb3449 wrote:If, for a hypothetical example, Gomez really is gay and continues having 40+ goal seasons and Bayern are winning BL, CL, and Pokal trophies will most people really care that much?

Well, yes. Everyone who supports a team Bayern beat. Don't underestimate the immaturity and/or bigotry of the general public. :|
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby lau03143 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

quaazi wrote:
Robb3449 wrote:If, for a hypothetical example, Gomez really is gay and continues having 40+ goal seasons and Bayern are winning BL, CL, and Pokal trophies will most people really care that much?

Well, yes. Everyone who supports a team Bayern beat. Don't underestimate the immaturity and/or bigotry of the general public. :|

Sadly, this is what's making this an issue which has never been addressed in football, or sports in general.

To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Robb3449 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm

quaazi wrote:

Good point unfortunately.
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby BayernLove » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:51 am

quaazi wrote:

Mark "quaazi" Twain.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby brickwall281 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 am

so are there any gay Bayern players?
:pep: Gooby Pls :pep:
brickwall281
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Iraq

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:28 am

brickwall281 wrote:so are there any gay Bayern players?

No player is publicly gay. In fact, no professional footballer I heard of has publicly admitted he's gay. Only then would you really know he is. Until then, it's only speculation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to The Lounge