You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

the frustration thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: the frustration thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:56 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:@MUTU: i don't know about younger/older people, but people my age +/- 2 years deserted Paceville a long time ago as it has become nothing but drugs, gentlemen's clubs, and violent fights, usually between Libyans and the like.

So you agree it's a bigger mess :) It's actually a bigger mess than it ever was.

Yes, I agree on both points. It's only going to get worse in my opinion.

Nowadays most young Maltese adults meet up and drink just outside Paceville, in those bars (or rather, on the street) just up the road from the Hilton. When I want a more relaxed atmosphere in the area, I go to St George's Bay on the opposite periphery of Paceville, where it is mostly also Maltese or groups of peaceful EFL students. The area in between (so the clubbing area) is rarely frequented by anyone I know (and I don't mean just the people I know well) and it's usually a one-off clubbing night to celebrate an occasion (which I don't do either).

There's also the fact that Maltese tough adults have moved to Gianpula/Numero Uno/Cafe del Mar. The first two are why I would post in this thread. Probably ramsej knows what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:57 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Still, the stuff mentioned here: Is it against the law in Malta to drink or have a BBQ in the street?

BBQ debatable. Drinking alcohol is not against the law.

Are you sure? I think it is if it's not in close proximity to an establishment that serves alcohol.

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
I agree with most points here... but why you want more immigrants ? this is a million dollar question

I don't especially because we're overpopulated but if people are in need I will accept them. I would hope for better aid from the EU in that regard though.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Still, the stuff mentioned here: Is it against the law in Malta to drink or have a BBQ in the street?

Are you sure? I think it is if it's not in close proximity to an establishment that serves alcohol.

So during the Maltese festa everyone is breaking the law? The only law I know is no glass bottles in Paceville streets. Doesn't have to be alcohol.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
I agree with most points here... but why you want more immigrants ? this is a million dollar question

I don't especially because we're overpopulated but if people are in need I will accept them. I would hope for better aid from the EU in that regard though.

'' in need '' is fine for me cause it means they are refugees... but the others no way .........................
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:10 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="#12"]Still, the stuff mentioned here: Is it against the law in Malta to drink or have a BBQ in the street?

So during the Maltese festa everyone is breaking the law? The only law I know is no glass bottles in Paceville streets. Doesn't have to be alcohol.[/quote]

You are probably right tbh.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:11 pm

Have you proposed to the local council to install CCTV camera. Because it sounds dangerous. Although if the fine is less than 100€ it's useless. Minimum should be 500€.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:12 pm

#12 wrote:Oh wow! I didn't know it was THAT bad!
People having drinks, walking the streets and having barbecues?! Barbarians! Let's hang them!

Nobody mentioned anything about hanging anybody - from the threads about this subject I know that you are one who likes riding on his high horse and I am not going into lengthy arguments. After all I am against extremists arguments on both sides of the fence which often happen here.
I wish that for one moment you imagine how fun you would have if just around Marienplatz your Turkish community over there decided to ditch all the rules and regulations about shops and bring their Gyros and shishas in the streets....after all it's only people carrying their own business

Imagine if this would be Rosentraße tomorrow.
Spoiler: show

Well enough said - next week I will be flying off for a holiday between Salzburg, GaPa and rounding off with Munich (no football matches planned this time round :) ) I'm coming over just because I love to see your culture, if I wished to visit Bazaars I would have gone to Turkey. :P
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Have you proposed to the local council to install CCTV camera. Because it sounds dangerous. Although if the fine is less than 100€ it's useless. Minimum should be 500€.
It took us five years to get a sign. CCTV cameras would take 20 years. Yes it is dangerous, our architect encouraged us to fix quickly as a risk exists that my house literally falls down. As usual in Malta we wait for fatalities before enforcing the law.

We live constantly in fear and stress due to this. We cannot go public in the media because the law of the jungle rules here and for sure it would end up in vandalism, or worse...
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Have you proposed to the local council to install CCTV camera. Because it sounds dangerous. Although if the fine is less than 100€ it's useless. Minimum should be 500€.
It took us five years to get a sign. CCTV cameras would take 20 years. Yes it is dangerous, our architect encouraged us to fix quickly as a risk exists that my house literally falls down. As usual in Malta we wait for fatalities before enforcing the law.

We live constantly in fear and stress due to this. We cannot go public in the media because the law of the jungle rules here and for sure it would end up in vandalism, or worse...

:shock:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:46 pm

MUTU wrote:

That's very bad. But have they started passing now because of some changes in the streets ? Could installing a pairs of bollards which only allow narrow vehicles at both ends of the street help ?
Have you considered going over the local council and contact some one higher directly to get things done?
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:

That's very bad. But have they started passing now because of some changes in the streets ? Could installing a pairs of bollards which only allow narrow vehicles at both ends of the street help ?
Have you considered going over the local council and contact some one higher directly to get things done?

No they've been passing for a while because it's their only route to a quarry. The street at its narrowest is just over 3 metres wide. The local council kept insisting that the bollards are illegal as they would change the structure of the road and make a problem (narrow street) worse. Also the architect and a bollard installer both agreed that bollards would make it worse... these trucks are huge... over 1 storey in height and they would be full to the brim with stones. You can imagine the weight. A bollard would be child's play for them... they'd simply crush it against the wall causing even more damage.

We only got the sign done because we managed to get a meeting with Transport Malta. It took just a few seconds to convince them. But the sign is not enough, they're ignoring it. As usual, law enforcement in Malta is non-existent. We're now trying to get wardens over. So far we haven't seen a single one.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 pm

You do have a problem. These construction companies beleive they own everywhere. Have you thought of still going to the media but making a reporter film an incident instead of yourself and maybe feature on the news ? If there is fixed time when this happens you may call a news station to place someone there. If the LC is from a party I would speak to the other party station, they would love shaming an opposing LC.....if you need NET TV however I would wait until the Opposition Leader Election saga calms down a little....if it will !
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:You do have a problem. These construction companies beleive they own everywhere. Have you thought of still going to the media but making a reporter film an incident instead of yourself and maybe feature on the news ? If there is fixed time when this happens you may call a news station to place someone there. If the LC is from a party I would speak to the other party station, they would love shaming an opposing LC.....if you need NET TV however I would wait until the Opposition Leader Election saga calms down a little....if it will !
I would not go public ... what if you decide to sell?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:32 pm

MUTU, if it is that dangerous I genuinely advise you to get a written opinion from your architect, keep a record of all attempts at communication with authorities, and then take matters into your own hands. Block the area in front of your wall somehow. It's the only thing that works in Malta and if anyone reports you you'll have documentation to show it was a last resort for your own safety.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge