You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

the food and drink thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm

#12 wrote:What’s a ”credible“ source for you?
Not that important to me... What struck me is: Yeah, German cuisine is not world reknown... But I‘ve seen my fair share of cuisines... As with soccer, sometimes stuff is just about marketing... For example, I firmly believe that German bakery and butchery are by and large ahead of everyone else in this world (combined that is! There’s aspects that others do equally good or better, but not overall)...
Meh don't know. I came to Munich and whereabouts and was very underwhelmed by the quality of the meat. Pork everywhere and the one time I actually found beef on the menu they didn't mention the cut and the waiter didn't even know so he had to go back in and ask the chef. I'm used to opening a menu and finding different cuts of beef with a choice of country where it came from, like Argentinian, Irish etc.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: the food and drink thread

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Munich‘s not the place for that (if you don’t know where to go...) and also, a steak is not exactly a standard by which haute cuisine is measured
I never understand how people can mess up a steak, seriously...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to The Lounge