You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

So, what's your favourite beer?

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: So, what's your favourite beer?

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:10 pm

Green Flash West Coast IPA. Thats some great beer for you :D
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Burko wrote:Gospodin FCBgeneral, what is your opinion about Karlovačko? :D

Karlovačko pivo? Beer from 4 rivers? :D It's okay, but it used to be some 10 years ago far better. Back then I think it was the no. 1 beer in Croatia for many lads I know. Over the years they changed the recipe and produced the new one.

But it's still better than "Pan pivo". I can live with Ožujsko, Karlovačko. But I'm a patriot, drinking my local and the first Croatian beer despite the factory has been destroying itself for the past 25 years(one of thousands of Croatian tragedies). :roll:

What's you opinion about Karlovačko, pán Burko? :D Ča vy myslite? :D

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby kingbayern » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Red stripe beer
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby Burko » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:53 pm

FCB general wrote:
Burko wrote:Gospodin FCBgeneral, what is your opinion about Karlovačko? :D

Karlovačko pivo? Beer from 4 rivers? :D It's okay, but it used to be some 10 years ago far better. Back then I think it was the no. 1 beer in Croatia for many lads I know. Over the years they changed the recipe and produced the new one.

But it's still better than "Pan pivo". I can live with Ožujsko, Karlovačko. But I'm a patriot, drinking my local and the first Croatian beer despite the factory has been destroying itself for the past 25 years(one of thousands of Croatian tragedies). :roll:

What's you opinion about Karlovačko, pán Burko? :D Ča vy myslite? :D

You gave me hard question. I was in Croatia few times (last time in 2010) and tbh I dont remember taste of Ožujsko or Karlovačko. I just remember it was quiet good when it was ice cold. :D

But I drank a lot of wine in Hrvatska :mrgreen:
Do you know any beers from Slovačka ili Češka?
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Burko wrote:You gave me hard question. I was in Croatia few times (last time in 2010) and tbh I dont remember taste of Ožujsko or Karlovačko. I just remember it was quiet good when it was ice cold. :D

But I drank a lot of wine in Hrvatska :mrgreen:
Do you know any beers from Slovačka ili Češka?

Every beer must be fresh, cold to be good. Warm beer is uffffff... Not gonna say it. :D

Wine is good, but I barely drink them. I only like black/red wines and that's it. But Croatian wines are way too expensive, too overrated(foreigners and the experts say one of the best in the world but their price is so insolent) and impossible to buy for someone who earns around 500 €/month. I mean, round 30-40 HRK one bottle(0,70L),
Jesus... My father drinks Macedonian red wine which is very nice and the price affordable for almost everyone.

I know for Czech beers because here in Croatian super markets there are foreign beer(mostly German, Belgian, Czech, Irish).

I know for Staropramen, Zubr and those Czech beers you can find at store shelves and city pubs. I've never heard or tasted any of Slovakian beer, yet.

We wanted to go on highschool trip after 3rd grade, but my class was so problematic(the worst at the entire school in year 2006/2007 :D ) and we didn't go anywhere, but we wanted to visit Czech Republic.

I've heard from Croats who drank Czech beers that they rate them as one of the best European beers along with German beers.

You can name some of your Slovakian beers, maybe I drank them before that I wasn't aware of it. :)

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Burko » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:28 pm

FCB general wrote:FCB general

Slovakian beers are tbh not so good as Czechs or German but sometimes win some prize in EU.
We have brands like Topvar, Šariš, Horden, Corgoň, Steiger, Stein, Kelt or Zlatý Bažant. These are the biggest breweries in SR.
I live not so far from Czech Republic and you can feel their beer culture impact on us. You can drink almost every Czech beer here in my hometown and yes, they have big quality in european's standards.

And yes, Czech Republic is favourite destination for drinkers from whole EU :mrgreen: f.e. Dannish students are well known for their appetite and full pockets :mrgreen: I think you should travel there, it is something like Germany but cheaper. I was in Prague last summer and spent 210 euros for travelling, whole friday and weekend with accomadation and a lot of food and beer. :mrgreen:
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Burko wrote:I live not so far from Czech Republic and you can feel their beer culture impact on us. You can drink almost every Czech beer here in my hometown and yes, they have big quality in european's standards.

Well, you were living for almost 50 years together in the same country and there's nothing unfamiliar between you two. Even your languages are the same example as Croatian and Serbian. In the last 10 years it's the same thing in both Croatia and Serbia, both people move to each other, buy stuff which it cannot be found in own countries, as well as food, drinks, clothes, visit some events and festivals, even fix teeth. :mrgreen:

For Croats Serbia is a cheap and affordable. I live less than 100 km far of Serbia and I was there some 2 months ago. Lower standard than in Croatia, food and drink real bless. :) I like their beers, too. Jelen and Lav pivo are also good.

Burko wrote:And yes, Czech Republic is favourite destination for drinkers from whole EU :mrgreen: f.e. Dannish students are well known for their appetite and full pockets :mrgreen: I think you should travel there, it is something like Germany but cheaper. I was in Prague last summer and spent 210 euros for travelling, whole friday and weekend with accomadation and a lot of food and beer. :mrgreen:

Yeah! That sounds great! For 400 € big time. Besides food and drink, I'd like to meet something more over there. :mrgreen: :P

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Steph » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Wow I don't know how you can go on a whole trip for 400 euros. I went to Munich, Madrid, and Valencia over my spring break, I didn't keep track but I might have spent more than that just from how much I spent on taxis, and of course I went to one of our games and my tickets ended up costing about 1000.

Anyways, the drinking age in the US is 21 and I'm under 21 so the first real beers I've ever had I had in Munich. I had some at restaurants and then I also went to the Hofbräuhaus a couple of times. I think I tried some white wine as well. The food though, the food was AMAZING. All of it, I loved the food in Munich so much. I think it was the first night I was there I went to some small restaurant and it was just great. One of the best things was how much less sweet all of the food was, it was nice to be able to buy something from a bakery and taste the food instead of sugar, so much stuff in the US is way too sweet.

I hated Madrid, it was crowded and dirty and there was no green space at all. Valencia was alright. I really loved Munich though.
Last edited by Steph on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steph
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Munich is one of the nicest cities in Europe...
I think only a few can compete with it... maybe Austrian / Swiss towns...
Paris of course
Prague
IMHO
Last edited by ramsej84 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Well, Slovakia isn't far from Croatia. Less than 550 kilometers. I live close to Hungarian and Serbian border and if Budapest is not far for me, then Bratislava isn't far, either.
On the other side, I need to pass 1500 km to reach ex-grandfather's place near Stuttgart where I lived for 2 years and spend a lot of money for freeways. So the trip is way cheaper and shorter to reach Slovakia than Germany. As @Burko said earlier, prices are very affordable in CZ and SR and there's a chance for people to understand each other due to some language similarities(for those who don't speak English or German). But the price is something what can attract you. No wonder why we like to go to Budapest or some other Hungarian cities. :)
Unlike us in the homeland, those Croats who live and work across the Europe and the rest of the world can do whatever they want. They are rich people for our standards.

FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:10 pm

I'll let the off topic carry on only because you guys seem to be having fun; but do try to squeeze in whatever beer you tried while travelling just for thread's sake. :P 8)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Steph wrote:I hated Madrid, it was crowded and dirty and there was no green space at all. Valencia was alright. I really loved Munich though.

There are quite a number of people who found Madrid incomprehensible during their first visit and I have to admit I feel included. There's the other side of Madrid however away from the sun's door and the administrative buildings that is quite nice and El Prado is simply one of the world's national treasures. If you have a chance to visit again try it the way the locals do it, having tapas and wine while hoping in and out of restaurants. Unfortunately Spain is known more for its wine rather than beer but I think Alambra has been recommended quite a bit.

Unfortunately there's no comparison between Valencia and Madrid although that new pier and the convention center are quite a marvel to visit. The Centro is simply a remake of a South American medium city - or is it the other way around?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Perlenbacher.
IsiahRashad
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby lau03143 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:44 pm

I am a member of the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA) in the UK and drink all styles of beer.

I can't really remember the best i've had. But a particular favourite is Orkney Best by the Highland Brewing Company

http://res.cloudinary.com/ratebeer/imag ... _66177.jpg

My go to beer in a pub is either Belhaven Best, Caledonian Best or Deuchars IPA.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:03 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Green Flash West Coast IPA. Thats some great beer for you :D

Hipster ;)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge