You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Real Madrid and Barcelona can be forced out of La Liga

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Real Madrid and Barcelona can be forced out of La Liga

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:16 pm

http://www.eufootball.biz/Television/83 ... _liga.html

Nice reading...if you are interested

I doubt they will be forced out...but I guess they will be forced into sharing their TV revenue with other clubs which earn like 10x less then those two clubs.

Like I predicted - collective selling of TV money should be introduced in few years ...I guess when those deals end [2013/2014]
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Real Madrid and Barcelona can be forced out of La Liga

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:23 pm

It was Sevilla's president who suggested that and I guess that now all the smaller clubs presidents will agree with that and finally that collective selling of TV will be introduced in La Liga too in a few years :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 am

That will be good for us:)

Because Barcelona and RM now earn 150m € / year just from La Liga TV money
If they introduce collective distribution they will earn max 70 mil € [Chelsea, Man Utd, etc... earned around 60-70 mil € from EPL TV deal...and EPL will probably earn more money selling TV rights than La Liga]

Another interesting things is...

http://www.footballitaliano.co.uk/article.aspx?id=1415

From 2010/2011 [this season] ... Italian clubs will start to sell their TV rights collectively and for around 574 mill € / season [EPL sells their TV rights for 644.6m € / season - according to this source] But i guess it is much more.

Inter [115mil €]
Barcelona [150mil €]
Real Madrid [160mil €]
Juventus [120mil €]
AC Milan [cca. 120mil €]
Chelsea [70mil €]
Man Utd [68mil €]
Arsenal [65mil €]

Bayern Munchen [30mil€]

So Imagine from 2010/2011 season top Italian clubs cutting their TV income by 50% or more]

They will receive like 50mil€ max

So Inter, Milan, Juve will earn 50% mil € less and that will get them on a par with BL clubs like Werder, Schalke, Hamburg.

And for Bundesliga...with Sky [BL broadcaster] increasing their audience by 83% in 2009/2010 season will probably make new TV deal even richer..I guess by some 40-50%...So that means Bayern and other BL top clubs will earn around 15-20 mil € more than they earn with current TV deal.

EDIT :

Here are TV deals from 2009/2010 season :

# English Premier League – contract from 2012/13 to 2009/10 (3 seasons): total amount of 3,538 million Euros, of which 1,556 million euros on the sale of international rights. English clubs have at their disposal 1,179 million Euros per season to distribute to the 20 clubs in the Premier League.
# Italian Serie A – 2-year contract from 2010/11 to 2011/12 for a total value of 1,822 million Euros, about 911 million Euros annually.
# French Ligue 1 – 4-season contract, from 2008/09 to 2011/12. Total value of 2,672 million Euros, about 668 million Euros annually.
# German BundesLiga – 4-season deal, from 2009/10 to 2012/13. Total value of 1,648 million Euros, about 412 million Euros annually.
# Spanish Liga – Barcelona and Real Madrid are not very interested in the collective sale of television rights, as they negociate their own contracts and get about 240 million Euros in annual TV rights, for a total of around 500 million Euros between the 20 league clubs.

1. I must say that EPL will get an Increase of 30% more from 2010/2011 season.

2. And another thing is that TV deal for Serie A is much higher in this article so we really cant know which one is right [need to do more research :) ]

3. You can see that French League is earning more than BL even tough no one watches Ligue 1 ..But that is because BL leaders did not sell all rights to SKY [Pay - TV] but wanted to offer ZDF a free-to-air broadcast so viewers from Germany can see it for free if they cant afford it. Typical germans:)
If they sold all of their rights to pay - TV [like EPL, Serie-A] they would get at least 2x more money from that deal.

“The U.K. market is really very different from the German market,” said Diel.

About 6 percent of German households subscribed to Premiere at the end of 2008, while 33.7 percent of British households got BSkyB’s pay-TV service, according to Screendigest.

Many German consumers are “stingier” than in other nations and are inclined to ignore a superior pay product if they can get an inferior product for free, Diel said.

“As long as there will be a free-TV summary of Bundesliga matches, many Germans won’t be tempted to subscribe to a live pay-TV offering,” he said.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Another interesting thing on Inter finances...

In the past, Moratti has been criticised by many Inter fans, but he can hardly be accused of not putting his money where his mouth is, as he has spent around a billion Euros on delivering the dream. The president’s support has been an absolutely essential part of the club’s success, for the reality is that Inter do not make profits. Instead, they lose money. In fact, they lose a lot of money.

The last available accounts are for the year ending 30 June 2009 and these report an enormous loss of €154 million (£132 million). Just a blip? Not a bit of it – the previous year’s loss was very nearly as bad at €148 million and the 2007 loss was even worse at €208 million. That gives a cumulative loss of €509 million in just three years – over half a billion!

This is just insane...

losing 154 mil € in 1 season!!!

I wonder what will happen when Financial fair play comes into play ? Their Salaries expenses are around 205 mil €. That is more than they make €196.5 mil.

I guess we can start picking out players that we want to buy from them in couple of years:)
sch0ll7

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm

I guess we can start picking out players that we want to buy from them in couple of years:)

Chivu and Santon :twisted:
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:46 pm

I would go for Julio Cesar :D
sch0ll7

Postby Element » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:09 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I guess we can start picking out players that we want to buy from them in couple of years:)

Sneijder
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:38 pm

this is just insane!

Its just no more fun for fair clubs like ours if all those other clubs are just able to throw money like that.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby slyk » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

For me Milito and Cesar are players to get from Inter....

side note: the last row in the table should be profit/(loss) AFTER taxation
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:40 pm

SilentStrike wrote:this is just insane!

Its just no more fun for fair clubs like ours if all those other clubs are just able to throw money like that.

It wont happen anymore after 2013...and then is when we become superior to other clubs:)
sch0ll7

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 am

slyk wrote:For me Milito and Cesar are players to get from Inter....

side note: the last row in the table should be profit/(loss) AFTER taxation

Milito will be past his prime by then.

Sneijder is the one. :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby slyk » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:41 am

Oh! thats actually true...i would say sneijder but i am keeping my faith in Kroos for now..
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:35 pm

This are the latest news:

18/20 teams from La Liga have reached an agreement for the collective selling of TV rights. Only Real Madrid and Barcelona didn't say anything yet.

It is expected that the collective selling of TV rights will come here to Spain in 2014/2015 season

(Spanish)
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes ... udep_8/Tes
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Barcelona were ordered to Pay 26.7 million euros to A PAy-Tv Channel called Sogecable

I hope that Ylonenxabi can tell more as i could not understand exactly what was going on
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 pm

They had to pay like 97M. They had already paid 70, so there were stil 26,7M left to be payed

It is something about selling their TV rights to a company in 1999 and then letting another companies use them. Barcelona got payed those 97M a few years ago by another companies who used their TV rights, so they had to pay that money back to the first company.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Next

Return to The Lounge