You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Real Madrid and Barcelona can be forced out of La Liga

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Real Madrid and Barcelona can be forced out of La Liga

Postby slyk » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 am

Real Madrid and Barcelona have offered other first-division teams a greater share of revenue from TV broadcast rights but at least two major clubs say the proposal is insufficient, the country's football league said on Wednesday.

http://www.supersport.com/football/spai ... e_rejected
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 am

They will try to push for better distribution for them

And will probably come to solution similar to Serie A`s...

From this season on they will distribute the money in the following order...

- 40% equal share
- 30% based on past results (5% last season, 15% last 5 years, 10% since 1946)
- 30% based on catchment area/number of fans.

I guess something similar will be pushed in La Liga by Barcelona/Real Madrid so they can still get a hold of at least 130mil€ or even more.

While in Bundesliga and Premier League money distribution is a lot more equal...so all the clubs benefit from it and with all clubs, league also progresses.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby slyk » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Thats a pretty accurate assessment except it's Sevilla, Villarreal and the other four clubs that made that proposal.

The Real and Barca deal would guarantee current income and only share whatever extra money the clubs managed to negotiate in any new deal with the television companies.

The consensus among analysts is that they could expect between 200 and 300 million euros more per annum than the current total of about €600 million.

Real and Barca would get 34 percent of the extra income, with 11 percent for Valencia and Atletico and the rest shared among the remaining 16 clubs based on their position in the league standings.

Nothing has really changed. Sevilla, Villarreal, Athletic Bilbao, Espanyol, Real Zaragoza and Real Sociedad are against the Real/Barca accord which has the support of 13 others, with only Malaga on the fence.

The final part of the article demonstrates the financial disparity between Real/Barca and the other La Liga clubs. If the study is as accurate as it appears, then change is in order...

A study published in May by Sport+Markt, a consulting firm, showed Real and Barca earned almost 19 times more from TV deals than the smallest clubs in the top division, by far the biggest gap among European leagues.

The richest clubs in the English Premier League, which earns just over a billion euros a year in broadcast revenue, earned about 1.7 times more than their smaller rivals.

http://supersport.com/football/spain/ne ... ng_TV_cash
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:36 pm

If I understand what that article is saying than it would mean that Barca and Real are trying to keep their 130mil € deal + get additional money from new TV deal. That is just insane.

They would earn like 160-170 mil € [we get around 30 mil € from BL and DFB pokal] just from La Liga + CL TV money [around 20mil€]...that is just not right.
sch0ll7

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby slyk » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 am

That's my understanding of it as well. Even though, the additional income from the new TV deal will be significantly lower; this part will be open for negotiations, they are still in a very favorable position. Their financial dominance of La Liga is outrageous......
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 pm

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Red is what Real Madrid want
Blue is what many other teams want

I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:21 pm

I was surprised to see that all the teams in the EPL earn more than us
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 pm

And a lot of French teams.

But as someone said, it is because Bundesliga games are free to air, so Bundesliga teams win less money.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Yes it is quite sad that we earn less than Wigan or Toulouse.

I hope things get better after the new deal...That is why I cheered for Ulli to be voted as head of BL....as he would most definitely renegotiate much better TV deal.

But let's wait and see what can current president do in order to increase TV revenue.
sch0ll7

Previous

Return to The Lounge