You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Questions about buying tickets!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Questions about buying tickets!

Postby Jorsett » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Hello guys, I am going to travel to Munich this fall. My work is sponsoring a weekend-trip for me and my father. :)

They will announce the fixture list on the 29th of June:
- http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/dfl-announce-bundesliga-fixture-list-29-june-445265.jsp

We are planning on going to a match in October or something thereabouts.

What's the best way to buy tickets?
Will they be out for sale the second the fixture list is ready? If so, where?
Do I have to acquire tickets through a third party seller?
:-k

If anyone has any experience I would love to hear it. :D
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Questions about buying tickets!

Postby Nemtar » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm in the same situation. Will be in Munich in August and I'm crazy for see the team. Some information about ticket sales?
Mia San Mia!
Nemtar
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 pm

if i recall correctly, it's easiest to buy tickets from a site like Viagogo... but i haven't been to a game in a few years, so things may have changed
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Well, if you're not a member, your only option is to pray - or to overpay

Members actually preorder without knowing the dates - or have season tickets...

Now if you wanna be on the safe side, viagogo is your best shot, eBay is a little more risky...
But experience says there's more than enough people selling tickets at the stadium on gamedays... Be there early, and if you wanna save a few bucks don't be too rash: "prices" drop the closer you get to kickoff... Also, sometimes you can haggle a little...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Right....*cracks fingers*

I was thinking about making a post like this for a while now, and this seems like a good opportunity. So here we go.

Where do I buy tickets for Bayern games?

Before the season starts you can apply to get tickets through the official Bayern ticketshop (https://tickets.fcbayern.com/internetve ... tList.aspx) You just pick a date, click apply, fill out the amount of tickets you would like to receive, and where you would like to sit. Usually somewhere mid-august this page becomes inactive bc every single game will be fully booked. This does not mean that when you apply for a ticket before the games are listed as sold out, you are guaranteed a ticket. Most games will get more requests than there are seats available. So when you put in your request, you wait for confirmation. This takes time. Usually you receive an email about six weeks before the game with either the tickets, a waiting list notification (meaning you are put on a waiting list, and in case a sponsor or another party declines to take their seat, they might still hook you up with one), or a notorious 'Absage' email (which means you did not get a ticket).

Everyone can apply for tickets via this system. Casual fans, tourists, club members, fanclub members....but there is a difference in who gets tickets. People who are club or fanclub members obviously have a greater chance of getting tickets.

If you are not a member of FC Bayern or if you are not a member of a Fanclub, you can still try, but getting a ticket through this system is like finding a spec of gold dust in the Sahara.

All the tickets on the official website have sold out, what do I do now?

If you are looking for a ticket during the season, chances are...none are available through the official ticket webshop. BUT there are always some tickets available on the Zweitmarkt (https://tickets.fcbayern.com/internetve ... tlist.aspx) this is Bayern's official second hand ticket re-sell site.

How does it work?
Season ticket holders who have a standard ticket for every game of the season, sometimes can't make it to a game. They give up their seat, to sell it to another fan. They notify Bayern and the club puts the seat up for sale on the Zweitmarkt. In the meantime they cancel that person's Season Ticket for that specific game. Club members (a membership costs 60 euros per year, you get a magazine for every home game, and a discount in the shop) can buy tickets directly from the Zweitmarkt. It's very easy and exactly like buying a regular ticket for anything else. You pick the ticket you want, you fill out your credit card details, and you get a digital ticket for printing. If there are seats available, you can have a guaranteed Bayern game ticket within 5 minutes. WITHOUT overpaying, as these tickets go for their normal prices.

When are Zweitmarkt tickets available?
Well, you gotta keep an eye on the website really. People put them up whenever they know they can't make it to a game. So the amount of tickets offered on the Zweitmarkt usually goes up the closer you get to the actual match day. But beware, games during Oktoberfest, the first and last game of the season are almost never available on the Zweitmarkt (bc everyone wants to go).

How do I get a membership?
You can get a membership twice a year. Once in Summer, and once in Winter.

Oh and no don't bother asking on this forum if someone wants to 'lend' you their membership. Personal details, credit card info and the lot are in that account, and no one is going to give you that, so you (a stranger) can get a ticket.

I am not a club member, and the tickets are sold out at the regular webshop what do I do now?

Are you a member of an official fanclub? Because fanclubs can apply for tickets as well, and they usually have a pretty high chance of getting tickets. Ask your local fanclub about the posibilities.

I am not a club member, nor a fanclub member and the tickets at the regular webshop are sold out, what do I do now?

I am no fan of this but it's the Black Market for you buddy. ViaGoGo is often cited on this forum as a good option. I've never used it, bc prices are way higher than the regular ticket prices, and you are not sure the tickets are legit. But if you are willing to spend a lot, and aren't scared of a scam, go for it!

Last resort is going to the Allianz Arena and check to see if fans over there have a spare left. Happens all the time, although you have to be aware that also near the Allianz Arena there are scammers trying to get your money, selling you invalid tickets.

I am not a club member, not a fanclub member, the tickets are all gone and I am not willing to go onto the black market, what do I do now?

There are a few games that will only sell tickets DURING the season. These are obviously the knockout games in both Pokal and Champions League. Those tickets go on sale when the draw is made. Especially Pokal when the opponent isn't 'attractive', it will give you an opportunity to get a ticket via the 'normal' route (as I explained in the first point of this post).

Supercup is also a reasonably accessible game to get tickets to via the regular ticket anfrage website.

And of course friendlies.

I am not willing to spend money, but I do want to see the team, what do I do?

Almost every week Bayern will have open trainings. Usually the reserves have an open training the day after a game. And if it's not an English week, you might be able to visit a team training with the full squad on the pitch. Keep an eye on this website to get confirmation https://fcbayern.com/de/termine Also keep checking Bayern's social media (twitter) for updates on open training sessions.
The training sessions are at Sabener Street, which is easily accessible by using the S-bahn and walking for about 10 mins.

Any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up. :coffee:

Mods, maybe this can be a topic starting post? A sticky somewhere, so we don't have to answer the same questions over and over again ;)
Last edited by Roonzil on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Love you for that Roonzil, thanks.

Maybe some of the more experienced or knowledgeable members regarding this could work with the mods to create a nice sticky thread as some form of guide. I'm sure a lot of people would want this.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Oh, or even better, a blog article! MUTU, that will get you thousands of Google clicks for sure.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Roonzil: can you copy/paste your post in a new topic? I'll lock it and make it a global thread (appears in every subforum) because that's the easiest way for users to find it easier, since ticket posts appear in the Lounge, Miscellaneous, and Match forums.

Edit: a blog might be worth it too, but I still recommend a global thread (or both) because the blog article might be lost with time. MUTU's call.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:33 pm

As soon as I'm on my laptop I'll make a new topic!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Roonzil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Made the topic in the General Bayern board. :)

Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:54 pm

It's up on every subforum now, with a small change in the title. Not sure whether to keep it locked (just a reference) or not because of questions. I think as a global thread it might be a target for spam.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:24 am

Spam?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorsett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Thought I'd just let you guys know that I'm going to Germany during the coming weekend (13th-15th october). I'm watching the Freiburg game! I got my tickets through Viagogo.

Can't wait. :)
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 am

Enjoy!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Return to The Lounge