You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Question about Champions League 12/13 tickets

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Question about Champions League 12/13 tickets

Postby FruitPunchGee » Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 am

So I read in the UEFA faq that when ordering a ticket, you must provide your full name and if you're ordering a ticket for your friend also, his name must also be provided since they will ID check you at the entrance to see if your IDs match with your ticket(s). So say you meet a dude in London morning who has agreed to sell you his ticket, his name should be on his ticket (unless he had the intention to resell it right at the beginning and entered a fake name) say you pay him the XXX eu and it's now time to go to Wembley. At the ID check wouldn't you be screwed? Or can you sneak past? Say you lost your ID?
Anyways I am just curious to know if the intended buyers of the tickets know of this and you should be careful.
FruitPunchGee
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Question about Champions League 12/13 tickets

Postby AvatarX » Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 am

At least from the tickets we have checked/validated so far, none of them had names/IDs, so there gonna be no problem there.

From what I know, last year's UEFA tickets didn't have any ID printed either (at least in human readable format - don't know about the barcodes they have on).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FruitPunchGee » Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 am

Okay, it's just on their website it said that, and I thought people should know in case of scamming.
Q15: Will my name be printed on my ticket?
A15: The name(s), surname(s) and date(s) of birth that you provide in your application will be
linked to your ticket(s). The tickets are non-transferable and ID checks will be carried out at the entrance to the stadium

Source [source]
FruitPunchGee
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby AvatarX » Wed May 22, 2013 9:43 am

Maybe the name is printed in the barcode, but it is not printed in the ticket in human readable format.

Anyway, users should be careful about scams. Mutu have written a piece last year of how to avoid them:
http://www.bayernforum.com/blog/champions-league-final-ticket-scams#more-703
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 23, 2013 7:57 am

I think the name actually is visible. It is only for the tickets won through the lottery though, not the ones given to the clubs. However ID is usually not checked at the stadium. Of course there is still a small unlikely chance that it happens...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Thu May 23, 2013 9:02 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think the name actually is visible. It is only for the tickets won through the lottery though, not the ones given to the clubs. However ID is usually not checked at the stadium. Of course there is still a small unlikely chance that it happens...

No, it's not visible. At least not in human readable format and at least for the tickets for this year final.

National Flag:
Anonymous

Return to The Lounge