You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Olympics

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Olympics

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm

I know im going to sound dumb but in the olympics is it the under 23 sides that play futball in the olympics this summer
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Olympics

Postby fanOfBayern » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:15 pm

FC Hollywood18 wrote:I know im going to sound dumb but in the olympics is it the under 23 sides that play futball in the olympics this summer

yes!..But, I think they are allowed to play 3-4 senior players. Not sure though.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 am

Yeah, they are able to use a few senior players (two to four, not sure though).
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Hollywood18 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:48 am

good im glade i was right now i wont feel like a dumb ass. If they get to play 3 senior players i think it should be (Klose, Schnieder, and Frings)

I would like to know what senior players you guys think should be on the olympic U-23 squad.
FC Hollywood18
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:07 am

Germany U23 qualified for Olympics?
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri May 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Lucio And Demichelis Barred From Olympics

Bayern Munich have told defenders Lucio and Martin Demichelis that they will not be allowed to represent their respective countries at this summer’s Olympic games in China.

Both players had been targeted as over-age players for the Beijing Olympiad but Bayern bosses have decided to block their participation in order that they won’t miss the start of next season’s Bundesliga season.

"The World Cup is a tournament for these players, not the Olympics" Bayern manager Uli Hoeneß explained.

"The Olympics is only for players under the age of 23."

Olympic rules allow for three players over the age of 23 to be included in each nation's squad. However, Hoeneß has stated that the club have absolutely no intention of allowing two of their defensive lynchpins to miss vital matches at the start of the season.

Dutch midfielder Mark van Bommel has already been told to forget representing Holland, but the likes of Jose Ernesto Sosa and Breno could be permitted to play for their countries in the summer tournament as they are only fringe players with Bayern.

Meanwhile, Lucio's season is over after the Brazilian underwent surgery on a thigh injury, meaning he will have to rest for at least two weeks.

:?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri May 09, 2008 1:12 pm

SweetLeisha wrote:Germany U23 qualified for Olympics?

No.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Actually Germany qualified for the olympics.....the women's team that is. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Return to The Lounge