You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Olympic Games - Rio 2016

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016

Postby JANKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:21 pm

La chance, c’est ce qu’on croit toujours qu’on n’a pas.
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANKER » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:34 pm

La chance, c’est ce qu’on croit toujours qu’on n’a pas.
JANKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:02 am

FCB general wrote:Nine medals, too bad Croatian boxer didn't win and reach the final. First bronze medal for Croatia, now gold in water polo and Blanka Vlašić great jump and we can go home with record 11 medals in top 20 nations of the world. :)

Too bad we didn't defend our 2012 gold in water polo and won against Serbia after they had won Croatia in the last final. Currently Serbia are the best team in the pool and that's a fact what our national coach said in the post-match TV interview, however, I'm very proud of my boys who took the silver medal. We could have played against Serbia after the group stage if we had won France(what we lost, more like a tactical defeat to avoid Serbia right after that match), but a medal is a MUST for Croatia in water polo regardless of its color. Well done! =D>
Mission accomplished, but at the moment a bit of bitter taste remains because we didn't win it.

Blanka Vlašić didn't defend her gold medal, either. She won a bronze medal in the high jump contest. For a long time she was absent due to injury and yet managed to secure the final and win a medal. =D>

Previous Olympic record was 6 medals, this year the record has been broken and set to 10 medals, of that 5 golds, 3 silvers and two bronzes. We weren't very far to take all 10. We expected one more medal, from our handball team, but they failed due to defeat against Poland.

All in all, the future is really bright when we just take a look and see how much we invest in our athletes and how much invest countries like USA, UK, China, Russia, Germany... Not to mention the population of Croatia and the mentioned ones... Light years away in all aspects and yet in top 18 nations in this Olympics. =D>

I have really enjoyed! :)

"Ein Trainer sehen, was passieren in Platz. In diese Spiel es waren zwei, drei oder vier Spieler, die waren schwach wie eine Flasche leer!"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:35 am

Ethiopia's Feyisa Lilesa held his arms over his head, wrists crossed, as he finished second at the Olympic marathon yesterday in a gesture of support for members of his Oromo tribe who have been protesting at government plans to reallocate farmland.
Plans to allocate land surrounding the capital for development prompted fierce demonstrations in November and spread for months, in the country's worst unrest in more than a decade.
Ethiopia has long been one of the world's poorest nations but has industrialised rapidly in the past decade. However, reallocating land is a thorny issue for Ethiopians, many of whom are subsistence farmers. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:12 pm

Rio Olympics: Team Malta’s worst showing in 24 years [source]
=D>
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to The Lounge