You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

National Anthems thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: National Anthems thread

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

FCB general wrote:What can you say except that only mentally sick people can make such changes and revisions.

[-X it should be "peopletally sick" not "mentally sick".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm

FCB general wrote:What can you say except that only mentally sick people can make such changes and revisions.

But I don't care, we know the original anthem is Austrian, made by the Austrian compositor who even used folk elements in his compositions which are from North Croatia, Međimurje. :)

Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser. 8)

V jutro se ja rano stanem

Spoiler: show
You don't need an anthem to see in what direction is all this going.

Anyway our NA is this...
https://youtu.be/97JvSWERiuk

Who cares about the other one especially if they piss on it like mama merkel and papa schultz want

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

MUTU wrote:

That's so "nice" and "tolerant" from you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ramsej84 wrote:Who cares about the other one especially if they piss on it like mama merkel and papa schultz want

Well, they blindly follow the state's rules, law changes, etc. Instead of they start putting the black, white, red flags on their houses in buildings as a protest, they'll swallow that.

But the best part has always been that German national anthem, ie Austrian anthem by the Austrian compositor Joseph Haydn who was inspired by North Croatian folk music, ie Slavic, from die Untermenschen, hahah. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The biggest contribution of Croats to Germanic people along with keeping their asses clean and saved from the Ottoman wewe for 5 centuries. 8)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 pm

FCB general wrote:
MUTU wrote:

That's so "nice" and "tolerant" from you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ramsej84 wrote:Who cares about the other one especially if they piss on it like mama merkel and papa schultz want

Well, they blindly follow the state's rules, law changes, etc. Instead of they start putting the black, white, red flags on their houses in buildings as a protest, they'll swallow that.

But the best part has always been that German national anthem, ie Austrian anthem by the Austrian compositor Joseph Haydn who was inspired by North Croatian folk music, ie Slavic, from die Untermenschen, hahah. The biggest contribution of Croats to Germanic people along with keeping their asses clean and saved from the Ottoman wewe for 5 centuries. 8)
But no more... (keeping their a... clean)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:16 pm

ramsej84 wrote:But no more... (keeping their a... clean)

Spoiler: show
Nope. We're enough and paid a huge historic price. Viktor Orban has been doing a great job last few years. Thanks to his reactions, fences are on the borders, other countries also started to do the same and EUSSR is weakening when we see the latest Germany and Italy election results. :)
Slavic world in any case won't tolerate and accept West European perversions and attempts to reshape their societies to become the same garbage and jungle as those who import murderers, cannibals, abusers, rapists, terrorists, suicide bombers, social welfare parasites, etc.

Here's the real German anthem. :D

The problem is, there's once again VATERland. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby America USA » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Will be interesting to hear the opinions of #12 and Roonzil on this matter.
America USA
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Justin is ahead of you mate.

https://youtu.be/rJLUvuofVrE

Wtf :lol: I mean, if anything, it's "humankind" that's quite well established. I've never heard of "peoplekind" before.

While we're on the subject, in this particular case I always stick to "humankind". Same applies to "chairperson". But for example when the generic he/his is used I only add he/she when the context makes it necessary for me to refer to both. It's all about ease, really. Some of these (like peoplekind) just look plain weird.

Regarding the anthem, I agree with you guys that it shouldn't be changed but mainly because the suggestions are a bit exaggerated. A word like "brotherly" isn't sexist (to me) because despite its relation to brother, it can be used even among females. That's like saying fraternal female twins shouldn't be called female. As for Fatherland, some countries are fatherlands, others motherlands, no fuss about it. I've always been interested in how we choose, though. They're different from the other examples I mentioned, in my view.

If they were writing a whole new anthem and used the suggested terms in it, I wouldn't think twice about it. But going out of your way to revise it is a bit too much.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Maybe we should change the Maltese national anthem too. The second verse, particularly.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 pm

MUTU wrote:Maybe we should change the Maltese national anthem too. The second verse, particularly.

Exactly why Fatherland is a stupid suggestion, because plenty of countries are "mothers". I've never heard anyway refer to Malta as a father, or Russia for that matter.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 pm

MUTU wrote:Maybe we should change the Maltese national anthem too. The second verse, particularly.

about our anthem I hate . .. lil min jahkimha (although atm that is the case) he who conquer it...
I'd prefer to have he who governs it
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Some countries are fatherlands while some countries are motherlands and I think most of them are motherlands or they use mother + name of the country. But let me tell you something, there are countries or people who use grandfatherland. :)

Let's say that Croatia is predominantly homeland, in Croatian "domovina"(hr: dom means eng: home). But in some regions like Dalmatia, Herzegovina and Bosnia, Croats use the term "djedovina"(djed - grandfather). Let's say that I also use the term "djedovina", but I use it a term for Herzegovina where my parents, grandparents and all ancestors were born, where they come from. Grandfather is a very strong and influential personality in people's lives here for both boys and girls, men and women.

Homeland for every Croat is Croatia while grandfatherland would be used for region you originate from and where you family lived for centuries. Term motherland is rare(and quite frankly I don't think we have a word for that except matriarch(y) ), but it's also very familiar and often heard in the same regions how Dalmatia, Herzegovina, Bosnia are called "a mother"(majka/mati Dalmacija, majka Hercegovina, etc. just like very famous mother Russia) or that people say that are two mothers: your biological mother and mother land/Earth(as would Latin American natives say).

However, you definitely aren't going to hear grandmotherland, there's no such thing. :D

Just in the end to say and get back a little bit to the influential personality where I mentioned the grandfather's role, mothers are also very, very important and influential. Literally the whole family, starting from parents, to grandparents, uncles and aunts, in some families even parents' uncles and aunts. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:Justin is ahead of you mate.

https://youtu.be/rJLUvuofVrE

Wtf I mean, if anything, it's "humankind" that's quite well established. I've never heard of "peoplekind" before.

While we're on the subject, in this particular case I always stick to "humankind". Same applies to "chairperson". But for example when the generic he/his is used I only add he/she when the context makes it necessary for me to refer to both. It's all about ease, really. Some of these (like peoplekind) just look plain weird.

Regarding the anthem, I agree with you guys that it shouldn't be changed but mainly because the suggestions are a bit exaggerated. A word like "brotherly" isn't sexist (to me) because despite its relation to brother, it can be used even among females. That's like saying fraternal female twins shouldn't be called female. As for Fatherland, some countries are fatherlands, others motherlands, no fuss about it. I've always been interested in how we choose, though. They're different from the other examples I mentioned, in my view.

If they were writing a whole new anthem and used the suggested terms in it, I wouldn't think twice about it. But going out of your way to revise it is a bit too much.
You can't use humankind because it has 'man' in it.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby #12 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:25 pm

America USA wrote:Will be interesting to hear the opinions of #12 and Roonzil on this matter.

Wanna hear it? Funny how the alt-right movement, the ones arrogant enough to claim they are smarter than everyone else, which is a VAST majority by the way, get all worked up for three pages over nothing but boulevardesque propaganda - and yes, we’re talking about the people who claim they’re the only ones understanding propaganda as well... Then they pick their usual scapegoat, Merkel, who - doesn’t get funnier than this - was one of the first people to dismiss the idea as total nonsense...
As for the people-kind thing: total bs, I agree... Wouldn’t go as far as our rightists to be offended by everything, but currently, there’s definitely over-emancipation... People-kind and stuff like that is total nonsense... Nonetheless language has always been alive, and people who studied languages know that - but again, there is one group reluctant to adapt to any kind of change, and of course, once again, they’re the only ones to know...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Whatever next, a gender neutral National Anthem?
Canada and Austria have changed their anthems, Germany has started discussing it [source]

re Malta
:verysurprised: :sick:

haven't they heard about the term metaphor ?
Last edited by ramsej84 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Whatever next, a gender neutral National Anthem?
Canada and Austria have changed their anthems, Germany has started discussing it [source]

:verysurprised: :sick:

haven't they heard about the term metaphor ?

Hahahaha looks like the ToM reporter was reading BayernForum, it's exactly what I said :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge