You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:44 pm

America USA wrote:I'm not a big video game person but I was playing FIFA 15 on Xbox One recently and I had two questions.

1. When playing in the group stage of a Tournament, is it possible to view the standings of other groups ? I am somehow unable to access the standings of other groups and can only see my group's rankings.

2. Is there a way you can decide which team you'll be drawn against in the knockout stages? When playing a custom tournament, after completing the group stage I'm almost always paired against either Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, PSG or Barcelona in the Rof16. I'd like to play against those teams from the QF onwards. Is there any way in which you (the player) can decide who faces whom in the knockout rounds? Or is it all done on a random automated basis by the Computer and there's nothing that can be done to fix this?

Any inputs in this regard are appreciated!

I assume you're talking about career mode?

1. I can't remember the FIFA 15 interface exactly, but if you go to Your Office and find where you can the option to view your league tables, tournament trees etc, you can view the other groups. You can scroll the competitions with LB and RB, and once you get to the group standings you can use LT and RT to scroll across all groups (the LT/RT and LB/RB could be the other way around, I can't remember).

2. There's no real way to do it, I'm pretty sure they're randomised. What you can do is save before your final group game. After the final group game, the game generates the tournament, so you can keep resetting that until you get the fixture you want.

Hope this helps.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 pm

I'll probably get this one eventually, when it's cheaper.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'll probably get this one eventually, when it's cheaper.

It's 25€ only today here... You need to pick it up at a retailer though... If you want it, I'll send it to you... (I'm still waiting, playing ME:A right now and just bought HZD )
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 28, 2017 11:33 am

I almost bought HZD this week but waited out. It's bound to get cheaper by the time I play it. I have so much stuff already and I'm even playing some of the free stuff from PS Plus so the list keeps getting bigger.

Same reason I'm not getting Rime for now either. It's the kind of game which will definitely be under €10 on the PS Store at some point. Thanks for the offer though
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I almost bought HZD this week but waited out. It's bound to get cheaper by the time I play it. I have so much stuff already and I'm even playing some of the free stuff from PS Plus so the list keeps getting bigger.

Same reason I'm not getting Rime for now either. It's the kind of game which will definitely be under €10 on the PS Store at some point. Thanks for the offer though

True... But I got it for 31€ brand new and figured it probably won't be under 29,99 all year... Also Whitsun break coming up and weather sucked lately (not anymore though )
So I figured why not...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 28, 2017 1:29 pm

That's a great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:32 pm

anyone here played Pillars of Eternity? I know it's a few years old, but just now getting into it... making me feel sentimental for the late 90s/early 2000s games
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 28, 2017 3:32 pm

I haven't but that looks nice. I can't play on Windows anymore these days other than the occasional Civ game though. It's just not the same for me. I wish cross-play between PS and PC existed though, many of my friends and also my brother play on Steam.

In the past I used to play stuff like Warcraft (not WoW though), Age of Empires and Stronghold on PC. This reminds me of them from pictures.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:42 pm

are you on PSN? if so, add me... Spielmeisterpaul 8)

over the years, i definitely go back and forth between console gaming and computer gaming. i'd say i've been pretty exclusive to PS4 for the past 3 years or so. It also doesn't help that my latest computer is a Macbook Air :D not so conducive to gaming! but Pillars of Eternity is one of the few games that runs well. The good ol' days for me were Dungeon Keeper, Warcraft 1 and 2, Age of Empires 2, Diablo 2... seems like we have the same tastes :mrgreen:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon May 29, 2017 7:43 am

Will do so later as I have an exam in a few hours. Easy stuff but better avoid switching on the PS4 for now. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:29 pm

For those who haven't played it yet: Life is Strange will be fir free on PSPlus in June - masterpiece!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I read the rumour. Is it confirmed now? I want to see the rest of the lineup.

I've had my eye on it for a while so very happy to get it free. Is it similar to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (if you've played it)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:38 pm

I got it on my HDD (was free the month I bought my PS4) but haven't come around to play it yet... I think so though, although setting and story are greatly different from what I hear...
It's a classic adventure whose graphics are pretty much outdated and that is not too special regarding gameplay, although there's a nice feature that is pretty unique - no spoilers - but its true greatness comes from the extraordinary story and how it draws you into the game... You DO NOT want to stop playing it until you're done... And once you are, chances are you'll play it again just to see how it will turn out if you change some of your decisions...

It's confirmed, yes, although I don't know what other games will be for free in June except Killing Floor 2

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 31, 2017 4:43 pm

The full announcement should be out sometime today.

No problem regarding the not too special gameplay. I'm the guy with the literature degree, I don't play just for the gameplay. :P Really enjoying Tales from the Borderlands this month for example, which also has minimal gameplay.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture has really beautiful graphics and a good story, although it can be confusing if you miss any crucial parts. I still recommend one playthrough where you just explore and whatever you find, you find though. It's the magic of the game. I platinumed it recently and you're definitely going to need a guide for that one because they require very specific actions, and you can enjoy the full story in that playthrough.

The only bad thing about the game is that moving is too slow, even when you're "sprinting".
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 31, 2017 4:51 pm

Also, one for the iOS gamers: Assassin's Creed Identity is at 80% off, just €1.09, at least on the Maltese App Store (which I assume is the same as the Eurozone app store).

It looks similar to the console games, rather than one of those typical sucky mobile games which big console series tend to have. I've bought it but haven't tried it out yet.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge