* They're trying to make multiplayer more interesting, but not necessarily more frequent than in previous games.
* Intending to further balance invasions by adding penalties for invading and failing.
* 7-8 total covenants in-game.
* Trying to expand on the idea of hunting down wanted players for a reward, similar to Blades of the Darkmoon in the first game.
* If you're offline, AI phantoms will be used in place of player phantoms for invasions and boss fights.
* Areas in the world feature puzzles and "gimmicks" to help keep exploration fresh.
* Storytelling style remains largely the same. From Software knows that fans will theorycraft with each other based on the trails of breadcrumbs left in dialogue and item descriptions, so they're not going out of their way to make things more explicit.
* They're listening to feedback from the network tests: Animations and movement are being improved, there will be some way of avoiding invasions.- - - Updated - - -