You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Yeah otherwise it's a waste of money... That's what happened to me with the PS3. I still have some games I've hardly played. Now I have much more time on my hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Don't forget to join our Steam Group for anyone who plays on PC.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FCBayernForum
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Dude, that's so nineties!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Consoles are just outdated PCs :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 pm

That get better games...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

MaCk0y wrote:Don't forget to join our Steam Group for anyone who plays on PC.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FCBayernForum

What happened to Assem? He disappeared from the forum and from Steam! Still active on twitter though...

PC gaming is probably on the whole cheaper after buying/building a PC and I guess also more competitive, but there's just a different feeling to having a console set up in the living room. For one thing, most of us spend too much time looking at computer screens without using them to play.

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 am

JANCKER

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am

Final Fantasy XV is 13,99 in the German PSN store today for PSPlus members... Should I go for it?
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

I would... I spent all weekend playing it. Already have around 25 hours of playing time and have hardly done anything story-related. It's a very good game although I still miss the feeling of older FF games. This is more in the area of FFXII and XIII, even story-wise. Can't wait for the FFVII remake.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Damn, missed it... It was just a mistake and by the time I wanted to buy it was already corrected... Oh well, still have enough to play anyway (bought the classic FFVII a few weeks ago for 4,99)
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Damn, that's unlucky. It'll probably be a bit cheaper eventually.

Had you ever played the classic? It's one of the first games I ever played when I was about 5 years old... obviously I didn't get far back then. :lol: I still have my copy and a working PS2 so no point in buying that version for me. I bet I'll still enjoy it more than the HD version though.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I know that it is a HUGE thing and people adore it (there's a movie too right?!) - and I never (really) played it... I remember playing a FF once when I was very young on PS1 or PS2 - with a strong mechanoid monster right at the start that I couldn't beat... I managed to get very very few spoilers and it was on offer in the FF week - 7€, so I got it for times when there's few games - right now definitely not happening on PS4
But I will play it... Was waiting for that remake, too, maybe I'll get that one too if I like it...

As for XV: it was a mistake, a couple of people got it, I was too late... The new price is 41€ - which right now is too much for me for a game that's "nice to have"...

I'm still working on the wild hunt and Yooka-Laylee is preordered and arriving in 3 weeks, HZD still on backlog and more AAA titles coming up soon - so I'm more than good for now...
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 pm

The one you're referring to is probably FFVIII; good game. FFXV's world kind of reminds me of it.

I grew up with Final Fantasy. Having an older brother and also a dad who is into gaming, the PS1 is something that was very much in my life from as far as I can remember; actually, one of my earliest memories is playing a Formula 1 game (they used to be huge fans of it... I never got into it but I did watch a race in Italy once). There are many games I identify with that period: Tomb Raider (the only game(s) my mum would play :lol: ), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon and a bunch of other lesser-known ones but all the Final Fantasies on the playstation (so from VII onwards) take all the top spots. They were my dad's favourites, my brother played them countless times trying different challenges (funnily he moved on to PC gaming and refused to ever touch my PS3 - and so far PS4 - so he's never played XIII or its sequels and hasn't played XV either so far), I guess it was kind of passed on. When I was too young to be clever enough to beat them I used to stay up and watch them play so I still knew the storylines.

FFVII's story was just amazing, definitely the best one. I personally enjoyed FFX's world much more though. I believe X and its sequel were already remastered for the PS4 if you'd like to check that out. After X it was kind of downhill because they changed battles from a turn system to the more typical modern-RPG run, jump, and slash style. It took a lot of the strategy required behind the game especially in major boss fights. I did enjoy the mythology of FFXIII though (which as a game was hugely criticized).

Sorry for rambling, that was nostalgic. :P I do recommend FFXV though. The world appears to be huge, the sidequests are neverending (seriously, it's all I'm doing... I kind of ruined the game because I spent so much doing sidequests that my characters are at level 36 and I'm still very early in the game... usually around 42-45 is enough to beat the game so I'm going to find the story too easy :lol: ). From what I've seen so far the story seems to be a kind of rehashing of XII though. Could be better.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:23 am

Same for me with Nintendo/ Legend of Zelda&Mario - just that these days Nintendo hardware is only getting exclusives and is extremely expensive for that...

I'll look into it, I think I never played a whole FF cause I used to dislike turn based combat in the past
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:19 am

Then you might prefer the new style

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge