You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Miscellaneous Video Games Thread

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Nah same here... My guess would be servers down?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:48 pm

#12 wrote:Nah same here... My guess would be servers down?

Try the try with another account and try to sign in again with Google. You will get a more understandable error. Basically they didn't expect the game to pick up as well as it did and their servers can't handle the load.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:09 pm

I don't get it either...
I mean I like Pokémon (or used to), and the idea is good and it's quite fun... But THAT kind of hype I don't get

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:21 pm

I give it one month and hopefully the fad goes away. It's annoying hearing about it everyday even the news. Pokémon sucks. Digimon FTW!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby MUTU » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:00 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:50 pm

It came back up for a few minutes a while ago but it's down again, but seems to be loading better. It's probably just a bit unstable but I think it'll be back soon.

I was planning a group hunt around Malta today since it's the weekend. Luckily, I'm not one of those persons that gave up on going out just because the game was offline and I still had a great time. ;)

@MaCk0y: Digimon is way better, this would be great if it were Digimon instead. I never liked Pokemon much except for the trading cards when I was younger. Still, the idea is great and I feel that this game has done so much good already.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:55 pm

#12 wrote:I don't get it either...
I mean I like Pokémon (or used to), and the idea is good and it's quite fun... But THAT kind of hype I don't get

I think it's because it plays on all the right addicting elements:
There is something to collect... people want to catch 'em all.
There is CP... people want to have pokemon stronger than their friends'.
There are eggs with not too much of a walking distance required... "just a bit more".
Same goes for levelling up... there aren't enormous gaps between one level and another.

Then for most people it has a huge nostalgia element. There's a large community who were pokemon players even before this game. And for all the non-pokemon fans, the idea is novel enough to draw them in and then the above elements keep them addicted. And I suspect even just the design factor is helping draw fans who just like the way they look.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:40 pm

If Nintendo is smart they will include a feature in an NX game where you can link your games and this use your captured Pokémon... Will sell millions of consoles alone...

Also I doubt many people actually WILL catch 'em all...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:49 pm

#12 wrote:If Nintendo is smart they will include a feature in an NX game where you can link your games and this use your captured Pokémon... Will sell millions of consoles alone...

Also I doubt many people actually WILL catch 'em all...

They do plan for connectivity with the upcoming Pokemon Sun and Moon on Nintendo 3DS.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:52 pm

this game was launched to allianate people...
The same as FB was launched to spy on everyone of us (actually I do not have one but they still do through other means)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:36 am

Ramsej... Tinfoil

If anything, it's making people leave their houses again... Also, when both of them started no one anticipated their success...

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:00 am

There are admittedly negative aspects to the app, such as being constantly on our phones, draining data plans quickly, having to constantly charge your phone, and the worrying number of accidents that have happened because people do not pay attention to their surroundings (so much so that the game gives a warning while loading). But I firmly believe that this is one of the best things that has happened to digital technology in recent years. People are going out every day and are eager to do so, strangers are speaking to each other and making friends, exercising is probably at its highest since the pre-cheap car age, and there are ample accounts online and also some I've personally heard about people struggling with severe depression whose lives have been made much better thanks to this game getting them to go out and talk to people.

For some reason people are attacking this game, maybe because it's a craze so that's bound to happen, but this has done a lot of good. I'd much rather see someone go out everyday even if he/she is glued to their phone rather than see the same person at home every day playing COD or something.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANKER » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Pokemon Go is completely taking over the Borussia Dortmund team [source]

'Pokalypse

"Football is very simple." - Kaiser Franck
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:There are admittedly negative aspects to the app, such as being constantly on our phones, draining data plans quickly, having to constantly charge your phone, and the worrying number of accidents that have happened because people do not pay attention to their surroundings (so much so that the game gives a warning while loading). But I firmly believe that this is one of the best things that has happened to digital technology in recent years. People are going out every day and are eager to do so, strangers are speaking to each other and making friends, exercising is probably at its highest since the pre-cheap car age, and there are ample accounts online and also some I've personally heard about people struggling with severe depression whose lives have been made much better thanks to this game getting them to go out and talk to people.

For some reason people are attacking this game, maybe because it's a craze so that's bound to happen, but this has done a lot of good. I'd much rather see someone go out everyday even if he/she is glued to their phone rather than see the same person at home every day playing COD or something.

Absolutely, this is pretty much everything about GO. I do find it kind of beautiful that people go out more because of a digital game.

And for people who've always been playing Pokemon over the years, it's a breath of fresh air to see it becoming mainstream again. The flipside is that there is always that saltiness from feeling of entitlement coming from the "loyal" Pokemon fans (which I find weird, I don't feel it at all), something that can be likened to some of us disliking people who only follow football during the World Cup or start to follow Bayern after 2013.

Most of the problems that arise from this can be very easily dealt with by making the app able to run on background, which is baffling that they haven't made so yet. I suppose that's why they sell the Pokemon GO Plus devices, but they don't do that much and sell for a ridiculous £35.
Dumbledore7
I post all the time

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Pokemon GO Plus is ridiculous. I doubt anyone is even buying those things. Would have made much more sense to make an app for Android Wear and Apple Watch.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge