You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Maltese members

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Maltese members

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Image

Cindy Cachia

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Can someone explain to me how priests would know who is divorced or not? Do they have psychic powers or something? :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm

does anybody has a clue on what I meant with Cindy Cachia ? :)
@ MaCkoy... maybe they will made to wear a badge :lol:
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:03 pm

No idea ramsej.

What is this about divorce? :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:29 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:No idea ramsej.

What is this about divorce?

Wasn't there the fuss about what the bishop recommends to the priests in regards to giving communion to divorced people? How will they know?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm

I don't really follow this stuff. But even if they know, so are they saying that if a person's partner cheats on them, then decides to divorce them to marry someone else (so the cheater initiates the divorce), then that first person has sinned and can't participate in holy communion? :lol: That's beyond stupid :roll:

EDIT: Also, as long as they go their village's church, the priest will probably know because of the picture I posted. :P
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:54 pm

sindikajra :lol: Cindy cachia
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 pm

You can take communion even if you are not a Catholic/Christian... the priests don't know everyone. And no the rules are not the same for the innocent...
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:sindikajra :lol: Cindy cachia

:lol: :lol:

JANCKER wrote:You can take communion even if you are not a Catholic/Christian... the priests don't know everyone. And no the rules are not the same for the innocent...

Good to hear... but they do know everyone here. :lol:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 pm

anybody used to attend this school ?
One-hour strike by teachers at ‘ghetto’ Ħamrun school [source]

how sad... look how they have ruined the system... :evil:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 pm

I used to know people from that school back when they were still attending it and it's true, they're all "ghetto"-like. It's probably turned even worse by now.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:23 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I used to know people from that school back when they were still attending it and it's true, they're all "ghetto"-like. It's probably turned even worse by now.

it became like that thanks to the reform the PN introduced... they destroyed the whole educ system...
That school is now filled with children from Valletta ... enough said
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:47 pm

The education system is a complete disaster pre-university level (and even there, many faculties lack professionality. But it is a well-established and very old university). This week reforms were proposed for the post-secondary level (the A-level years) and although I haven't read them, none of the university academics I have on facebook like them at all.

This year (2016/17) the course leading up to a teaching warrant was revamped, scrapping the old certificate and introducing a full masters degree. Most of the students following it are my cohort or just a year or two older. I obviously know all the in-training English teachers (most of them good friends of mine) and a few from other subjects and they're all very dissatisfied. They're taught stuff like teaching through Zumba (WTF!?) and how to use powerpoint presentations (this is the millenial generation FFS... I bet the students know more about technology than their lecturers). Quite a few of them have dropped out and at the same time more and more actual teachers keep quitting.

It's not going to get any better any time soon. It's a horrible problem which most people who left school long ago and who don't have children are not aware of it. I think it's one of the major problems in Malta along with drastic overdevelopment and corruption. It also doesn't help that many children seem to be maturing much later. I've always been mature for my age but this seems to be something everyone is noticing: there's no longer any noticeable difference between 8-year-olds and 13-year-olds in behaviour. A curious thing to note is that around 14 they seem to mature really quickly, and that is the age where (in most schools) they start being co-educated (not sure if the right term) I believe, at least in the school the ones I know go to, until it is eventually implemented in all years.

In fact, I'd say the introduction of mixed classes is the only good recent reform introduced, although it's benefits have nothing to do with education and more with life. I don't believe arguments that it will distract students further, but I suppose we'll have to judge that in a few years' time.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:08 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:The education system is a complete disaster pre-university level (and even there, many faculties lack professionality. But it is a well-established and very old university). This week reforms were proposed for the post-secondary level (the A-level years) and although I haven't read them, none of the university academics I have on facebook like them at all.

This year (2016/17) the course leading up to a teaching warrant was revamped, scrapping the old certificate and introducing a full masters degree. Most of the students following it are my cohort or just a year or two older. I obviously know all the in-training English teachers (most of them good friends of mine) and a few from other subjects and they're all very dissatisfied. They're taught stuff like teaching through Zumba (WTF!?) and how to use powerpoint presentations (this is the millenial generation FFS... I bet the students know more about technology than their lecturers). Quite a few of them have dropped out and at the same time more and more actual teachers keep quitting.

It's not going to get any better any time soon. It's a horrible problem which most people who left school long ago and who don't have children are not aware of it. I think it's one of the major problems in Malta along with drastic overdevelopment and corruption. It also doesn't help that many children seem to be maturing much later. I've always been mature for my age but this seems to be something everyone is noticing: there's no longer any noticeable difference between 8-year-olds and 13-year-olds in behaviour. A curious thing to note is that around 14 they seem to mature really quickly, and that is the age where (in most schools) they start being co-educated (not sure if the right term) I believe, at least in the school the ones I know go to, until it is eventually implemented in all years.

In fact, I'd say the introduction of mixed classes is the only good recent reform introduced, although it's benefits have nothing to do with education and more with life. I don't believe arguments that it will distract students further, but I suppose we'll have to judge that in a few years' time.

I don't like mixed classes either...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Didn't expect you to :mrgreen: I think most people don't. We were brought up in a different system and it worked for us. :coffee:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge