You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Magath would like Premiership job.

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Magath would like Premiership job.

Postby tracylynn » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:11 pm

Magath would like Premiership job

Bayern Munich boss Felix Magath says that he would love to resume his career in either the Premiership or La Liga.

Magath won successive doubles with Bayern in the last two seasons, but was still sacked by the Bavarians last month after a disappointing Bundesliga campaign.

Already he has knocked back offers from Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund since his dismissal, and instead he says he is holding out for a fresh challenge in a new league.

"I have spent my entire career working as a player and coach in Germany and now I would like to work abroad," he told Bild.

"The jobs (Dortmund and Hamburg) were not challenging enough to make me want to end my break. My plan is to return to action in the summer."

"England would provide a real challenge as I like their style of football, but I also wouldn't mind if Real Madrid gave me a call," he said.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Magath would like Premiership job.

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 pm

tracylynn wrote:"England would provide a real challenge as I like their style of football, but I also wouldn't mind if Real Madrid gave me a call," he said.

Seriously, after his mishap with Bayern, doesn't this guy think he's asking for too much? Also, his methods of conserving the talent and promoting youths doesn't exactly fit with the methodologies at Real Madrid.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 pm

tracylynn wrote:Bayern Munich boss Felix Magath says that he would love to resume his career in either the Premiership or La Liga.

I'm sorry Magath, but I don't think so.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:42 am

Englad would provide him a real challenge? I thought Bayern provided him with a real challenge and he couldn't do it. He must be on something to think he can succeed in the ELP or La Liga.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Walls » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:05 am

HAHAHAHHA Magath is dreaming LOL
WALLS™ CEO OF METAL - F$CK with the bull,you get the horn.
Walls
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:43 pm

tracylynn wrote:Magath would like Premiership job

"England would provide a real challenge as I like their style of football, but I also wouldn't mind if Real Madrid gave me a call," he said.

Why the hell would Real Madrid offer him a job?...what is he thinking of himself? :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm

Oh well, maybe Real Madrid might want him after all. Take it this way, he was sacked by Bayern Munich, and generally after you're sacked you look for an inferior team :lol: :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Magath targetting CL club

Postby tracylynn » Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 pm

05-14-2007

Magath targetting Champions League club

Former Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath ended speculation Monday that he has joined VfL Wolfsburg, insisting that he wants a job with an elite club outside Germany.

'I'm keen on a move abroad. I want to go to a country which has a lot of teams qualified for the Champions League, such as England, Italy or Spain, because one day I want to win the Champions League,' said Magath.

Despite leading Bayern to successive Cup and league doubles, Magath was sacked in February after the reigning champions slipped in the table.

Bayern are currently fourth, ten points behind leaders VfB Stuttgart.

VfL Wolfsburg are three points above the relegation zone.

Magath had already turned down offers from Hamburg and Hertha Berlin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon May 14, 2007 9:35 pm

Uhhh yeah keep on dreaming Magath. The closest he might get, and would still surprise me, would be if he became coach of Real Madrid.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern1301 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:19 pm

lol he's abit up himself on this one but i have a feeling he's going to go to newcastle if anything. their currnt manager has resigned and if magath really wants to go to england this would probably be his only option/chance.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon May 14, 2007 11:35 pm

bayern1301 wrote:lol he's abit up himself on this one but i have a feeling he's going to go to newcastle if anything. their currnt manager has resigned and if magath really wants to go to england this would probably be his only option/chance.

Sam Allardyce is all set for Newcastle's job..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 pm

really? woops. thanks for informing me :oops:
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 pm

bayern1301 wrote:really? woops. thanks for informing me :oops:

hehe..we can cook up one more story....Pearce just got fired by Man C.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby bayern1301 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:53 pm

ha, IF magath does ever manage to make it overseas, i doubt he'd ever see the CL again from the coach's sideline seat.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Well, Magath couldn't get a job overseas so he's with Wolfsburg instead. I guess we'll see him next season just sitting in the seat with no emotion whatsoever.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Return to The Lounge