You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. They both had an excellent season that year and it was impossible to see it coming that it would all end up in such a down-moving spiral. That's why Hummels was sold too. There was just no way he could have gotten past that season's Lucio and Micho and therefor he pushed for a transfer himself. It's quite easy to look at his development now on the one side, and what's happened to that great Micho/Lucio partnership of 07/08 on the other side, and claim that it was a huge mistake to let him go. At the time, it just seemed like a rational decision.

Paddy wrote:they got an offer for Micho, refused it and then sold Lucio

Says who ? You got a quote or anything to back that up ? The media can write a lot, unless it was officially confirmed it's not worth much. I'm honestly not a supporter of reading speculative crap once in the media and then treating it like Wisdom's last words.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Letting go of Lucio was a rational decision...how come? Lucio has always been the better defender even when in that uefa cup season. And yes Fiorentina wanted him that season but LVG had a problem with Lucio so he let him go on a cheap. I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Paddy wrote:Letting go of Lucio was a rational decision...how come?

Read, understand, then reply. I was talking about the Hummels transfer, which seemed like an okay decision at the time, not Lucio's transfer to Inter.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Well, I'm sorry. Since I haven't mentioned Hummels I didn't know about which sale you were talking about. If I remember it correctly Gerland was against the sale of Hummels so there were warnings signs of the Hummels sale backfiring. I couldn't predict it back then, since I haven't seen much of Hummels back then. Still they could have had him as a back up or loan him again. Selling both was stupid. I knew that much, because we all knew both Micho and DVB are clumsy and slow.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

In retrospect, you're absolutely right. But it's easy to be wise after the event. Plus, we had signed Breno in an expensive 12 million deal, who was labelled as the next big superstar at center-back. So there were certain circumstances that made selling Hummels a justified deal at the time. The initial starting point of the discussion was another though. We drifted a bit off of that.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Yup, we scared new people. :lol:

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Conquistador » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello there people on the internet. I am new here :D
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Conquistador wrote:Hello there people on the internet. I am new here

Hello :lol:
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi and welcome :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Good day lads. Life long, even though it's been a short life until now, Bayern and overall german football fan here, as is my father. I'm posting here because the PM told me so, and being a fan of german football, I CANNOT DISOBEY AN ORDER! :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 pm

quaazi wrote:Good day lads. Life long, even though it's been a short life until now, Bayern and overall german football fan here, as is my father. I'm posting here because the PM told me so, and being a fan of german football, I CANNOT DISOBEY AN ORDER! :P

Welcome to the forum mate :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Welcome :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pabloenigma » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello.I have been here from the beginning of the previous season.But just thought about giving a formal intro now........

I am Sounak Biswas aka Pablo,staying in Kolkata,India,in my first year of college,and doing my Bachelors with Honours in Physics.I am a big fan of the German music project Enigma,and am also into Deep Forest,Kraftwerk,JM Jarre,Vangelis,Yanni..etc.
Irrelevant trash apart,like most of you here,I am a big Germany NT fan,and a bigger Bayern fan( :) ),which I have been since I started watching football,ie the 2002 world Cup.Inspite of the fact,that I followed the confederation cups,euros,copa americas and world cups since I was a kid......I actually started following the Bundesliga from the Klinsi season.Before that,there was not much scope of watching the Bundesliga in India,and i did not have access to internet.During that time,watching Bayern games was limited to 2 per year....on an average...ie the Cl quarterfinals.we used to get eliminated in that tie,and before that,we only had the games of english teams on air in the champions league.Fortunately,the situation is a bit different now.Here in India....people support Brazil and Argentina,and English teams.Glory hunters have also overblown the Barcelona contingent....and of course, me and Appuds are a smaaaaaall minority. But Germany NT fans are on a rise here,thats for sure.

Apart from that,my family has been a traditional supporters of Mohun Bagan AC(Yes,the one that strikes a bell with Oliver Kahn farewell),where my grandfather was a member.I used to follow their games earlier,but the standard of football is BS,so im not into it now.

One more thing,I kind of love germany in general.So i cant stop rooting for Schalke,Stuttgart,Bremen or dortmund in European competitions.I want German football to progress,so I hope the ultra-Bayern guys here will forgive me for this.Thats it for the intro....
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TuesdayMorning » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Suppose I should say gutentag.
I'm Kim, I'm from Canada (born in Ontario, grew up in BC, currently residing in Newfoundland). Bayern fan since 2006 and solely because I became a die-hard Philipp Lahm fan during the World Cup. That has obviously turned into a love of every aspect of the club (and the Bundesliga in general) though he remains my favourite player and I might have celebrated Van Bommel leaving purely because it made him captain, no disrespect to MvB of course. Nationally, I'm a German fan. While 3rd is great, I'm eagerly awaiting 1st (in 2012 and 2014, I'm sure).

I follow English Premier League as a Liverpool fan, but in the hierarchy of clubs, they come below Bayern. And since I do live in North America, I've started following MLS as a Vancouver Whitecaps fan. It gives me football to watch during those dull summers every year when there's no Euro or FIFA competitions. I watch a bit of hockey (Montreal Canadiens) and will be watching the Rugby World Cup (All Blacks).

There's not much to my life outside of football, I think my blood runs red, blue and white (or black, red and yellow, depending on the time of year). I finished a Masters degree in History in 2010, I'm planning on going for a Masters in Journalism in 2012 unless something else comes along to distract my attention. In this academic limbo I work at a job in which a maximum of 3 hours out of my 10 hour shift is actually occupied by working (which has its good and not so good points). In all that downtime I read a lot (pre 1950's mysteries, classics, military history, a few sport histories), watch far too many crime dramas, and think of various schemes that can keep me entertained for another year (turning my thesis into a graphic novel, learning the art (?) of fake nails, reading up on working with fibreglass so I can teach myself to make goalie masks, etc.).

Happy to be here :wink:
"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence... The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done?"
TuesdayMorning
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Welcome to the forum Kim!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge