You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:40 pm

What is it with Maltese people and Bayern ? :)

I mean...I always thought you were mostly fans of Italian clubs as Italy is your closest neighbor.

All in all it is nice to see Bayern fans from all over the world...but it is quite astonishing to see so many fans on this forum are from Malta.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:What is it with Maltese people and Bayern ? :)

I mean...I always thought you were mostly fans of Italian clubs as Italy is your closest neighbor.

All in all it is nice to see Bayern fans from all over the world...but it is quite astonishing to see so many fans on this forum are from Malta.

I can explain it. In Malta there are about 48% England/English-club fans, about 45% Italy/Italian-club fans and the rest scattered, but mostly Germany/Bayern fans.
In Malta we have a fan club where we gather to watch matches, so people at the club know about the site since I told them, and the word spreads by word of mouth.
Maltese people are more inclined to visit the forum and register if they hear "You know what, there's this cool forum I visit called BayernForum.com, it's run by a Maltese guy" rather than "You should check out this cool forum BayernForum.com". Perhaps it's curiosity, mixed in with a sense of patriotism and the fanaticism that football supporters in Malta have.

It's true, football is a big deal in Malta. Especially during the World Cup, you will see flags on roofs and balconies and cars, carcading etc. We're very serious about our football :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:55 pm

MUTU wrote:t's true, football is a big deal in Malta. Especially during the World Cup, you will see flags on roofs and balconies and cars, carcading etc. We're very serious about our football

You should have seen Lebanon man

they are the kings in that aspect seriously
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Nice...all southern countries are little crazy about football...

Starting from Iberia, Apenin, Balkans, Turkey etc...I guess it has something to do with mentality...

Just look at this forum...there are a lot of people from the Balkans :)

Nice to have a fan club down there...I am a member of fan club here in Slovenia but it is like 130 km away from me so I basicly dont visit it:)...I would establish some fan club in my City but there just arent so much hard core Bayern fans...a lot of glory hunters.
sch0ll7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Our fan club is like 2-3km away from my house.

In fact it's in such a central part of Malta, that you can't be more than 15km away from it, unless you live in Gozo (an island that forms part of Malta, and home of Ġgantija, the oldest freestanding structure in the World). Then you'd have to catch the ferry :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm

MUTU wrote:Our fan club is like 2-3km away from my house.

In fact it's in such a central part of Malta, that you can't be more than 15km away from it, unless you live in Gozo (an island that forms part of Malta, and home of Ġgantija, the oldest freestanding structure in the World). Then you'd have to catch the ferry :)

Malta is a small country , so i think that there is no way to be far away from anything
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah the fan club is only about 2km away from me to, but I rarely ever go there. Haven't been there for a long time actually.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Aw Kevin, jien Ian! Merbha fil forum! :P

I also have another friend who supports Bayern and told him several times about the site. I will tell him again maybe he registers. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Papua New Guinea

Postby yes1over » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm Li Ming, 22 years old.I'm from China.I've been a Bayern fan ,when I was a kid.
yes1over
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Li Ming :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:45 pm

MaCk0y wrote:Aw Kevin, jien Ian!

So the new guy's name is Kevin? Funny, I saw someone with a Bayern home kit this morning with a #12 and the name Kevin on the back. :)
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Kevin...

I remember Jackie Chan in his earlier days as an actor...when they made a movie in Chinese language and than sinhronized it into English...his name was always Kevin :)
sch0ll7

Postby uzi716 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:What is it with Maltese people and Bayern ? :)

I can explain it. In Malta there are about 48% England/English-club fans, about 45% Italy/Italian-club fans and the rest scattered, but mostly Germany/Bayern fans.
In Malta we have a fan club where we gather to watch matches, so people at the club know about the site since I told them, and the word spreads by word of mouth.
Maltese people are more inclined to visit the forum and register if they hear "You know what, there's this cool forum I visit called BayernForum.com, it's run by a Maltese guy" rather than "You should check out this cool forum BayernForum.com". Perhaps it's curiosity, mixed in with a sense of patriotism and the fanaticism that football supporters in Malta have.

It's true, football is a big deal in Malta. Especially during the World Cup, you will see flags on roofs and balconies and cars, carcading etc. We're very serious about our football :)

I wish it were like that here in America, the few soccer (football whatever) fans we have usually like EPL teams. Its very hard finding anyone who knows who Bayern is, let alone a fan of the team.

and welcome Kevin!
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 pm

soccer :)...I always wondered what that actually means?

Football means....that there are people hitting/playing-with the ball with their feet [foot]...but never understood why Americans call it Soccer? And why is Rugby [little different than American sport but hey] in America called Football when they actually pass the ball with their hands and are holding the ball in their hands:)...I know that players hit the ball with their foot once in a while but 99% of the time the game is played with the hands.

No means to disrespect...but like I said...I was just wondering:)
sch0ll7

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 pm

btw...welcome guys :D
sch0ll7

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge