You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Postby kevh26 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:17 pm

good to have you on board Matt
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Runty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:28 am

Hey I'm Jess, I'm 19 from Wellington, New Zealand.

Uhhh well I guess I should mention that I am a Bayern fan, they are my second favourite football team after Manchester United. Ballack was my favourite Bayern player, now it's probably Lahm or Schweinsteiger. We don't get any Bundesliga coverage here, all I get to see of Bayern is Champions League and the occasional German Cup match. So I only get to follow the Bundesliga games through internet match reports, which sucks.
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:40 am

Welcome aboard, Runty!!! :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:43 am

Welcome Jess! I’m stuck in the same situation as you are lol. How long have you been a Bayern fan?
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Runty » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 am

podolski4life wrote:Welcome Jess! I’m stuck in the same situation as you are lol. How long have you been a Bayern fan?

Well they really came to my proper attention during the 1999 Champions League I guess, so since then really.

Thanks for the welcome guys :wink:
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Runty wrote:Hey I'm Jess, I'm 19 from Wellington, New Zealand.

Wow!!!...New Zealand....Never expected that...a football fan from New Zealand..
Welcome aboard.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Runty » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:51 am

fanOfBayern wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Haha there are a fair few of us down here, being an ex-British colony, but our national team are terrible, and we only have one professional club, who play in the Australian A-League (Which, by the way, is a crap league) and who also suck. Most people are Rugby-mad down here :roll:
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:27 am

Cool! So you watch the Bayern matches on satellite TV?
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Runty » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:31 pm

Yes, through ESPN usually. We get 8 Champions League matches each round televised, so far this season they've played both Bayern - Sporting games, and the last Bayern - Spartak game. I'm hoping they show the Inter game here, but we never find out which games they are televising until a couple of days beforehand.

To be honest, we get bloody crappy coverage! The only time I can see any Bundesliga on tv is on Eurosportsnews and those are just quick highlights :cry:
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Runty wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Haha there are a fair few of us down here, being an ex-British colony, but our national team are terrible, and we only have one professional club, who play in the Australian A-League (Which, by the way, is a crap league) and who also suck. Most people are Rugby-mad down here :roll:

I love watching NZ play Rugby ^^ you were on TV this weekend against Australia :) Welcome.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:09 pm

Runty wrote:Haha there are a fair few of us down here, being an ex-British colony, but our national team are terrible, and we only have one professional club, who play in the Australian A-League (Which, by the way, is a crap league) and who also suck. Most people are Rugby-mad down here :roll:

New Zealand Knights ? :lol:
btw their is a player from New Zealand in Romanian League.. Glenn Moss, do u know him?
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Runty » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:22 am

Yeah man, he's our national team goal keeper. He's a smart one, got out of the raging cesspool that is New Zealand football. Last time I saw him play was when NZ had a friendly against Brazil just before the World Cup. He played really well even though we lost 4-0 (We held them off for 43 minutes, I was suprised). I can't believe you know the Knights, I'm so embarassed!

Mirage - Haha so do I, since we nearly always win...was that a Tri-Nations game or something?
Runty
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mirage » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:50 pm

Yeah some sort of final it was. Australia won but only at the very end, you were level on points for a while.
I have a stupid question, but it's something I've never being 100% sure of - does NZ speak English? :?
I only found out the other day that Brazil speaks Portuguese and not Spanish hehe :roll:
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Schweini_rules » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:37 pm

Mirage wrote:Yeah some sort of final it was. Australia won but only at the very end, you were level on points for a while.
I have a stupid question, but it's something I've never being 100% sure of - does NZ speak English? :?
I only found out the other day that Brazil speaks Portuguese and not Spanish hehe :roll:

NZ , Australia , Canada and some other countries including Cyprus are in the common wealth , thery were collonies of Britain. Australia , Canada and NZ speak English .
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:49 pm

To be exact, in Canada both English and French are considered as official language. Same goes for my country, Belgium, where we even have 3 official languages: Dutch, French and german. Allthough there aren't that much german speaking people, but german does resemble a bit to Dutch (both germanic languages)..

How many languages do u all speak? and which ones?
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge