You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Introduce yourself here!

A place where you can chill out with the BayernForum.com community and talk about anything.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby fafa_effenberg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm

hello, my name is fafaryuichi my id is fafa_effenberg. i'm from indonesia

i like FC Bayern Munich since the effenberg era. when he was the captain. i was stun by his performance.

i'm glad i found this forum...

thank's

best regards
fafa_effenberg
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum everybody!
please, enjoy your stay :wink:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey, a chilean Bayern fan here :D
I really liked this forum
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby EnglishVisitor » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi,

My name is Paul and I am an English visitor - hence the user name!!!

I am actually a Manchester United fan (sorry!) but am only here to learn about German football and mainly Munchen. Hopefully, what I learn from you guys about Munich and German football, I can teach you about English football and United.

I am going to Munich in a few weeks for a weekend trip and thought I should try and learn as much about the place / club as possible before I come over. I love German football and have a lot of love / respect for Bayern Munich.

I look forward to some good chats and maybe some banter.

English Visitor
EnglishVisitor
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby FCBayern-Inverness » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm

hi, My names Alan Mair. i live in inverness. Dont no if anyone else is on this from scotland?? i am looking for a job but its just a waiting game. thats all i have to say really

hope to get to no you guys soon :D
FCBayern-Inverness
First post

Postby MrLinky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Welcome to the forum , mate. Picked a great time to join. :D
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 pm

FCBayern-Inverness wrote:hi, My names Alan Mair. i live in inverness. Dont no if anyone else is on this from scotland?? i am looking for a job but its just a waiting game. thats all i have to say really

YOU ARE INVERNESS CT fan too? How do you like Latvian centre back Mihadjuk? HE is good? He already scored in one of his first games for your club :D BTW, welcome to forum ;)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 pm

looking back at through the posts in this thread, theres quite a few people who've introduced themselves and never posted anything else :P
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Tomas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:23 pm

FCBayern-Inverness wrote:hi, My names Alan Mair. i live in inverness. Dont no if anyone else is on this from scotland?? i am looking for a job but its just a waiting game. thats all i have to say really

Slainte!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

The Indians are coming!

Postby Snyde » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi, I'm new here and though I support FCB it's the one in Spain (Catalonia :P ). Basically I was visiting this forum to know Bayern fans' view on Ribery and Lahm. (Since they have been heavily linked in the news and whatnot) I didn't think I'd post much here so I decided not to register but found out that you have to, to view the forum. Anyways that's all the background; I'm Ayush and I live in Delhi in India. (in Asia ICYDK)

Well now that I'm here, ready and registered, might as well talking on a few things:

- I remember Bayern were supposed to visit India sometime. Did they already? I remember once reading in the paper that Kahn was to play his last game here. How did that turn out?

- Also are you guys a worried you might draw us (Barca) in the next round or do you feel confident you can beat anyone after your 12-1 mauling of Sporting? (And mighty impressive it was I might say!)
Just 2 days left before the draw guys! Do you have any team(s) you would prefer in the CL draw? Hoping for the 2nd leg at home?

Hope to talk more with you guys soon! (Secially about transfers and players :P good luck trying to convince me that Ribery is no good and Barca shouldn't buy him! :lol:
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Re: The Indians are coming!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Snyde wrote:Hi, I'm new here and though I support FCB it's the one in Spain (Catalonia :P ).

Welcome to the forum mate , enjoy your stay ! :wink:

Snyde wrote:- I remember Bayern were supposed to visit India sometime. Did they already? I remember once reading in the paper that Kahn was to play his last game here. How did that turn out?

They were there back in May 2008 , I'm surprised you haven't heard more about it , it was a huge thing. They played against Mohun Bagan AC in the biggest stadium in India - 120.000 people were there. It wasn't Kahn's very last match for Bayern , but I think it was his last "official" game as Bayern's #1.

Here are some pics of the match: http://www.rp-online.de/public/bildershowinline/aktuelles/sport/fussball/bundesliga/bayern_muenchen/33964

Snyder wrote:- Also are you guys a worried you might draw us (Barca) in the next round or do you feel confident you can beat anyone after your 12-1 mauling of Sporting?

I wouldn't say "worried" but obviously Villareal or Porto would be better draws and would make the way to the semi's easier. Ultimately I think it's the quarter-final of the CL and any club can beat any other club on a good day , but your team has had several magnificent performances throughout this season too , and I think they would be considered favorites in a possible face-up between the two FCB's.

On another subject:Why did the Barca homepage publish an article about Bayern with the title "Bayern on the way to their 5th Champions League title" ?! :mrgreen:

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/futbol/temporada08-09/03/n090318103937.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Re: The Indians are coming!

Postby Snyde » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 pm

MrLinky wrote:Welcome to the forum mate , enjoy your stay ! :wink:

Thanks! Hope I stay here longer than I previously imagined, seems like a nice forum

MrLinky wrote:They were there back in May 2008 , I'm surprised you haven't heard more about it , it was a huge thing. They played against Mohun Bagan AC in the biggest stadium in India - 120.000 people were there. It wasn't Kahn's very last match for Bayern , but I think it was his last "official" game as Bayern's #1.
Here are some pics of the match: http://www.rp-online.de/public/bildershowinline/aktuelles/sport/fussball/bundesliga/bayern_muenchen/33964

Ah yes, now I remember! It 's just the fact that at one point the AIFF (India's FA) was making such a big fuss about it for an extremely silly reason that I, for a moment, forgot whether they actually came or I imagined the whole thing. Now though, I remember, it was a pretty huge event specially in the east. Kahn was given a standing ovation and whatnot! Unfortunately I was busy working my butt off that time. I hope Bayern found itself many Indian fans who finally have a decent chance of following Bundesliga through Neo Sports.

MrLinky wrote:I wouldn't say "worried" but obviously Villareal or Porto would be better draws and would make the way to the semi's easier. Ultimately I think it's the quarter-final of the CL and any club can beat any other club on a good day , but your team has had several magnificent performances throughout this season too, and I think they would be considered favorites in a possible face-up between the two FCB's.

All too true. That's really the charm of cup football.

I guess Arsenal may seem a bit easier compared to the other 4 options as well. Personally, I am both nervous and excited about the draw. BTW did you know that the team which beat the team in QFs that beat Madrid in the round of 16 eventually went on to win the CL in the past few years. Though ofcourse the previous years winners also got out in the first knockout round till this time.

MrLinky wrote:On another subject:Why did the Barca homepage publish an article about Bayern with the title "Bayern on the way to their 5th Champions League title" ?! :mrgreen:

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/castellano/noticies/futbol/temporada08-09/03/n090318103937.html

[/quote]
Hmmm, I guess they're doing a piece on each expected opponent before the draw but you know how everyone loves shocking headlines. :P

Coming to the chief point: In what positions can Ribery play and which ones has he already played and done well in. I hear from my swears-byFM friend that he naturally plays as LW, LWF while he can easily play as both AM and RW, RWF as well. (This owing to him being both footed and a no.10 playing wide) How much of that is true? Cos if it is, he sounds the perfect inclusion in our squad. Also I hear from a few that have watched him many a time that he is without a doubt a top 5 winger and maybe even top 3. Do you really think he is THAT good? If he is, how much do you guys think a top club (not that you aren't) will have to cough up (realistically, if you will) to have him wearing their shirt?

Secondly is Lahm any good defensively? Last summer he had only one year left on his contract, right? Did he renew after that? Do you expect him to leave or atleast quite seriously consider the offers? BTW Lahm is equally good on both wings right? Give a ball park figure you would expect him to be sold for.

Lastly, any opinions on Hleb? He is surplus to our needs but may do very well going back to the leagues he knows better.

PS Nice nick! Back when I used to play CS I used to terrorize people as MR Knife. :lol:
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Right now I think that Ribery is second best player in the world... just after Leo Messi! He is awesome! Barca has the best right side in world football, but Bayern has the best left side! I think that Barca's problem is defence/GK! Valdes is bad, very bad keeper and you haven't got 2 good players in CB! Only one- Puyol. I have heard that Barca wants Lucio. IT is great option for Barca. And if they bid ~15-20 million for Lucio, they can get him! I think Henry+Hleb would be enough for Ribery!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:05 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Right now I think that Ribery is second best player in the world... just after Leo Messi!

WHAT?! You dont think C. Ronaldo is the best player in the world?!?!?!? You must conform!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Messi is unbelievable... I just hope he doesnt get that "Hand of God" complex... again.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Snyde » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:Right now I think that Ribery is second best player in the world... just after Leo Messi! He is awesome!

Since I'm no fan of cry-baby-naldo myself, I'll accept that.But only if we're talking on the basis of this season's form. However I wonder if most Bayern fans might agree with you on that as well. Though my scepticism is founded on the fact that a) I haven't seen him play. b) Bayern are not dominating their league c) Bundesliga (probably) isn't as tough as La Liga/EPL/Seria A. Anyways good to hear you hold him in such high regards.

reiniksrobis wrote:Barca has the best right side in world football, but Bayern has the best left side!

I'll completely agree there. Though Evra + Cron might be good competition, no? But I don't think those two combine so well or play on the same flank enough.
I guess you guys might hate to hear it and it'll be hellishly imbalanced but Lahm+Ribery on the left and Alves+Messi on the right is one scary thought! And you know they were linked with us!

reiniksrobis wrote:I think that Barca's problem is defence/GK! Valdes is bad, very bad keeper and you haven't got 2 good players in CB! Only one- Puyol.

I disagree with you completely here. The defence may be the weakest aspect of Barca but for sure it is not a problem. I could go on for quite a few lines but lets just say this about our defense: we have conceded the least in La Liga.

Okay, so I'll go on for many lines...Puyol was losing his edge in the last two seasons but he has rediscovered himself this season and became a massive part of our defense again. He has played in every defense position! He was LB LCB RCB RB! He was in central defense in a deep sitting defense, he was a center half occasionally making memorable runs. He headed clear crosses, he headed in corners on the other side. Good? MASSIVE!

We have got a fantastic CB in Marques! What a player, such a brilliant reader of the game, such a master at organising the defense, such a marvellous distributor from the the back. Yes, he has become slow and hence has a problem handling fast and nimble attackers. Yet, I don't think there is a single defender today that reads the game better than him! Some cules lovingly call him "der Kaiser" for his style of reading the game and being one step ahead of the attacker. Good? Genius!

While Pique is also really good, suffers from the occasional concentration lapse but that is the youth and inexperience talking. Though Caceres hasn't been played enough he is promising and surely you guys have heard of Henrique out on loan to Leverkusen! BTW how is he doing? He is very promising, yes?
And lest anyone forget Gabriel Militio is recovering from his horrible knee injury. Yes, it might take him alot of time and yes, he may never be the same but there is hope.

I won't discuss Valdes now as this post is already long enough. Neither would I elaborate why our defense had this slump of form recently. Perhaps tomorrow if you are still interested.

reiniksrobis wrote:I have heard that Barca wants Lucio. IT is great option for Barca. And if they bid ~15-20 million for Lucio, they can get him!

So certainly you can see we have no need of any CBs, regardless of how good Lucio may be or what he may cost.

reiniksrobis wrote:I think Henry+Hleb would be enough for Ribery!

Many cules would gladly take you up on that offer. And despite what Henry is doing this season I might as well. But honestly, it'll never happen as Henry will NEVER switch. The simple reason for that is he is growing older now, I doubt he'll adapt quickly to Bundesliga plus he just adapted to Barca after a whole season and is showing good form.

Any thoughts on other questions I asked earlier like Ribery's playing positions, Lahm etc.
Snyde
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge